HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 11:22 PM
InformTheMasses

vCash: 500
For those that don't have a youtube account and cant subscribe, I add all these to a facebook group as well.

http://www.facebook.com/ItmPucks

Old
01-13-2013, 02:02 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 221
D corps leaving Poulin out to dry a couple times along with the entire team making awful passes with no rhythm, especially on the pass at the back end of the PP that led to a breakaway goal, led to this loss IMO.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:16 AM
CREW99AW

Sound Tigers Report

The writer gives a nice rundown on the Sound Tiger players.

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2013...s-bunch-anyway
Sound Tigers Report - The End of the Line (for this Bunch anyway)
By Cary K on Jan 12, 11:04p

1 - Casey Cizikas - this guy has such a heart & head for the sport - yes, he scored a very nice goal (he will score goals, and important ones in the NHL), but it was the little things - covering for Hamonic when he pinched, making the thoughtful pass - this guy is a star in the making - he may never be more than a 4th line Center, but there may never be a better one. If the Islanders don't call this guy up, they have no sense whatsoever. I will judge the Snow regime on whether they get this or not right now. Cizikas is now what Hamonic was before - a clear NHL player who needs to be brought up right now and he'll never look back.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:25 AM
scott99

Man I love Gallant, he throws some bombs. Can take a punch too. Obviously Rechlizch too also, both guys landed shots right on the chin, yet nobody went down. Great balance as well. Hopefully the Isles call up Gallant if the need a tough guy in a rematch (if they get roughed up in a prior game).

Old
01-13-2013, 08:52 AM
CREW99AW

Staples has 5 questions for the NYI.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...medium=twitter
Will health be an issue?
It's already a problem, and physicals haven't even taken place yet. Josh Bailey is out up to a month, Travis Hamonic is just returning from a concussion and we don't know what other ailments will crop up this week.

And the goaltender is . . .
Evgeni Nabokov enters camp as the No. 1 goaltender, which means he'll need to be sharp and play 35-40 games in the shortened schedule. That also means Rick DiPietro has to be patient and effective in a backup role.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:20 AM
BillD

Gallant as tough as they come. I though Haley was the king of pound-for-pound best but Gallant is his equal in toughness or more so, and he is about 20 pounds less than Haley.
Happy he is in the organization and could be a call up for any grudge match where we need some protection past Boulton, Matty, Carks.
There is still a place for this in the game.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
Gallant as tough as they come. I though Haley was the king of pound-for-pound best but Gallant is his equal in toughness or more so, and he is about 20 pounds less than Haley.
Happy he is in the organization and could be a call up for any grudge match where we need some protection past Boulton, Matty, Carks.
There is still a place for this in the game.
Maybe if Boulton goes down but as of right now Gallant is on an AHL only contract. But of course that doesnt mean much since Gilles was on one also and he ended up getting signed.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:25 PM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
Possible Fight of the Year

OMG that is some stamina!! That is so ridiculously exhausting and to see them keep it up as long as they did, man they are conditioned. Such hard work to and although they are fighters they still have to work hard to have the conditioning to accomplish that!

Old
01-13-2013, 03:32 PM
InformTheMasses

Ness Gives Sound Tigers the lead this afternoon on the Powerplay.

Tie game 1-1 after first period.

Ness goal has been uploaded to youtube. Im heading out to a youth game. Willl have other highlights up later toinight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_GDAWq7G3E

Last edited by Homeland Security: 01-13-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Embed YT
Old
01-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Ness Gives Sound Tigers the lead this afternoon on the Powerplay.

Tie game 1-1 after first period.

Ness goal has been uploaded to youtube. Im heading out to a youth game. Willl have other highlights up later toinight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_GDAWq7G3E
I'm sure ITM will post highlights later, a late Matt Donovan goal gave
Bridgeport a 5-4 win, Nino with 2 goals.

Old
01-13-2013, 06:23 PM
InformTheMasses

Yup, working on it. Will be up within the hour. Sundays are tough for me, Most of my day is spent at the rinks.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:13 PM
InformTheMasses

All the Videos are up from the Sound Tigers game. The Game winning goal is still processing, will be up in a few minutes.

Warning: this was a no replay feed, so I made my own. The Camera work and production was awful. Really odd camera angles all game long. And on the game winning goal it was like the camera man did everything he could to not record Matt Donovan, or the goal going in. Sorry, it's all there was....

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFYyrYhF4NbKI1V2JTUr_Aw

Last edited by InformTheMasses: 01-13-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 07:31 PM
1 Timer

Just got back from the game. Nino looks really good and confident. Ness and Donavan really stood out. Nelson a beast in the face off circle. 3 ppg against were ledgit tic tac toes. Very impressed with the kids.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 221
Looks like Kabanov is finally going to return soon.. From Fornabaio:

Quote:
In addition to today's full group, Scott Pellerin said Kirill Kabanov could be back to full contact as early as Monday. #BST
https://twitter.com/fornabaioctp/sta...27344188821505

Old
01-18-2013, 11:55 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Looks like Kabanov is finally going to return soon.. From Fornabaio:

https://twitter.com/fornabaioctp/sta...27344188821505
Great news. I wonder if they'll reunite the ELC line - KK/Nelson/Nino. I really liked what I saw of them together early in the season.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:13 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Great news. I wonder if they'll reunite the ELC line - KK/Nelson/Nino. I really liked what I saw of them together early in the season.
I'd like to see that line, they'd have two deadly lines

Kabanov-Nelson-Nino
Persson-Ullstrom-Sundstrom

Old
01-18-2013, 07:57 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I'd like to see that line, they'd have two deadly lines

Kabanov-Nelson-Nino
Persson-Ullstrom-Sundstrom
I think Ullstrom makes the big club... Slide Sundstrom over to center.... Or, you can just wait for Strome's OHL season to end and let him finish out the year with Bridgeport..

Old
01-18-2013, 08:03 PM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
I think Ullstrom makes the big club... Slide Sundstrom over to center.... Or, you can just wait for Strome's OHL season to end and let him finish out the year with Bridgeport..
Just curious, how many games would that be? Clearly, Niagra is not going to make the playoffs, thus, I could see Strome getting some time with BST. However, like I said, how many games would that be anyways?

Old
01-19-2013, 02:47 AM
kuwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
Just curious, how many games would that be? Clearly, Niagra is not going to make the playoffs, thus, I could see Strome getting some time with BST. However, like I said, how many games would that be anyways?
Last year, John Persson played 12 games on tryout. IceDogs will finish their regular season on March 16th (Saturday) so that would mean that Strome could be in Bridgeport for the game against Providence on March 22nd (Friday). Providing he is healthy and the IceDogs miss the playoffs, he could play as many as 13 regular season games for the Sound Tigers...

Old
01-19-2013, 10:05 AM
CREW99AW

Congrats to Nino and Donovan.

http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article...ch-4206817.php
All-Stars Niederreiter, Donovan pleased for each other
Michael Fornabaio
Updated 12:52 am, Saturday, January 19, 2013

BRIDGEPORT -- They won't start the lockout-shortened season in the NHL, but Nino Niederreiter and Matt Donovan are instead AHL all-stars.

Niederreiter, seventh in the AHL going into Friday with 36 points, and Donovan, an all-rookie team pick last year, will represent the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in Providence, R.I., on Jan. 27-28.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:28 PM
InformTheMasses

Bridgeport won 4-2 tonight over Binghamton

Goals By: Persson, Backman, Campbell, and Wishart
Fight between (Ben Blood and Brandon DeFazio)

All Goals and fight have been uploaded at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFYyrYhF4NbKI1V2JTUr_Aw

Old
01-20-2013, 07:09 PM
InformTheMasses

Bridgeport lost to Springfield tonight 4-1. Jack Combs broke the shutout in the final minute on the power-play (Brock Nelson and Matt Donovan had assists).

Lone Highlight Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCVw8K3r1jc

Old
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Brain Hemorrhage

Jack Combs has added some nice scoring punch so far coming over from the ECHL, after we had lost some scoring (Colin McDonald to AHL, Brock Nelson and Kirill Kabanov out with injuries for extended time).

Old
01-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Brain Hemorrhage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwo View Post
Last year, John Persson played 12 games on tryout. IceDogs will finish their regular season on March 16th (Saturday) so that would mean that Strome could be in Bridgeport for the game against Providence on March 22nd (Friday). Providing he is healthy and the IceDogs miss the playoffs, he could play as many as 13 regular season games for the Sound Tigers...
Also, the OHL Trade Deadine has already passed, so Strome will remain an IceDog. Also, barring a monumental collapse, the IceDogs will be in the playoffs. Almost every team gets in the OHL playoffs.

If Niagara gets knocked out in round one, I am curious if they will bring Strome to the island instead of Bridgeport. Due to the condensed schedule, he would still play a lot.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
Niagara is all but guaranteed to make the playoffs. 8 out of 10 teams in each conference make it, and this year Peteborough and Ottawa are both dreadful. Niagara is 16 points up on Peterborough at this point, 22 points up on Ottawa.

They're also only 1 point out of 4th in the conference, as well, so they could even start the playoffs with home ice advantage, a place where they're 14-6-1 on the season. So if they get home ice, it's not out of the realm of possibility they'll make it to the second round.

Closed Thread