HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - Phoenix

Old
01-18-2013, 12:09 AM
TSA0402

vCash: 500
You don't take a young player with alot of potential, and move him when he is beginning to realize it.

That offer from a valuation speaking is probably good, but a realistic standpoint, not really. If you did this last year, it might be different.

Phoenix would be crazy to move him for anything short of a proven upgrade at this point.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:38 AM
ducky

Boedker is the only "young gun" prospect left from their pool of forwards that were supposed to be the future of the team:

Kolanos
Mueller
Wheeler
Turris
MacLean
Tikhonov

Finally looks like he is going to be an impact player. Cant see GMDM trading him.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:01 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

No interest in moving either of Boedker or Rundblad.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

I'd pass too. We have no room for Boedker really, so why give up assets for him? If we're trading for a forward its likely going to be a legit top 6 RW. I think Gaunce (our last 1st rounder) and a 1st rounder should be able to get us that. We are looking to win now, we need someone who is IN their prime rather than entering it.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:32 PM
RDRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Next year he'll still be in juniors, and he isn't the calibre of player that can skip the AHL I.
Many would have said the same thing about Jensen. But he's flourished at the pro level.

I know people HATE to rush their prospects, but some prospects do develop better in a men's league than the CHL.

He might be AHL ready next season. It's not definitive that he won't be.

RDRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:42 PM
NonBruinHatingCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I'd pass too. We have no room for Boedker really, so why give up assets for him? If we're trading for a forward its likely going to be a legit top 6 RW. I think Gaunce (our last 1st rounder) and a 1st rounder should be able to get us that. We are looking to win now, we need someone who is IN their prime rather than entering it.
I don't think you watched Pheonix much in the playoffs Boedker was Dynamite one of Phx's best forwards! He would definitely help us NOW win games.. I think hes the perfect fit! If im GMMG i'm at least making inquiries about him! Im sure it'll never happen but I can dream!

NonBruinHatingCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:55 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDRR View Post
Many would have said the same thing about Jensen. But he's flourished at the pro level.

I know people HATE to rush their prospects, but some prospects do develop better in a men's league than the CHL.

He might be AHL ready next season. It's not definitive that he won't be.
Even if he's AHL ready next year he won't be AHL eligible. I could be wrong about the guy and he could make the NHL straight out of junior, I would just be really surprised.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:57 PM
professorchaos

I like Boedker but as stated above, he isn't really needed and Phoenix would want a valuable return.

I also have to point out that any Canuck fan who finds it reasonable to trade Hansen (even for a 1st round pick) need to think really hard why they are so, so wrong.

professorchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:24 PM
rockinghockey

Boedker is over rated from PHX fans.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I'll meet you back here in mid-March? Sound good?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:25 PM
kingbrutis

Quote:
Really? Canadians huh?

kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:21 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
So you don't think he'll score 50 goals this season?

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:00 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
wouldn't mind Hansen on the Coyotes.
How about Rundblad and a 1st or would it take more?
Your not serious are you?

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
No interest in moving either of Boedker or Rundblad.
I agree

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Boedker is the only "young gun" prospect left from their pool of forwards that were supposed to be the future of the team:

Kolanos
Mueller
Wheeler
Turris
MacLean
Tikhonov

Finally looks like he is going to be an impact player. Cant see GMDM trading him.
Um there's another one who's "so hot right now" who's arguably their most valuable forward....

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:42 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
You're not serious are you?
I was kinda mimicking the OP and it somewhat backfired...but I don't rate Rundblad as high as some Coyote fans and I don't value a low 1st round pick that high either. Heck, I think our 1st rounder will be lower than the Canucks again. But who knows what the season will end up being. Rosters change over the course of the season. When someone mentions a 1st rounder, I immediately think that it will be the 30th pick and envision what player will be available. Everything else is a gamble. Hansen would a good pickup though. Now if they offered their 2 Danes, I would consider it a bargain...

Old
01-19-2013, 12:07 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
I was kinda mimicking the OP and it somewhat backfired...but I don't rate Rundblad as high as some Coyote fans and I don't value a low 1st round pick that high either. Heck, I think our 1st rounder will be lower than the Canucks again. But who knows what the season will end up being. Rosters change over the course of the season. When someone mentions a 1st rounder, I immediately think that it will be the 30th pick and envision what player will be available. Everything else is a gamble. Hansen would a good pickup though. Now if they offered their 2 Danes, I would consider it a bargain...
What, Jensen and Hansen? Our brightest prospect and our diamond in the rough?

I love Boeds, but NO WAY JOSÉ!

ImGoingNucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Ballgarath

at 6'2 215 i think we will just keep gaunce and see what happens, geez this kid is big id like to see what he can do .

Ballgarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:28 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgarath View Post
at 6'2 215 i think we will just keep gaunce and see what happens, geez this kid is big id like to see what he can do .
Finally a big C!

Kassian - Gaunce - Jensen

Sexy!

Old
01-19-2013, 12:32 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
What, Jensen and Hansen? Our brightest prospect and our diamond in the rough?

I love Boeds, but NO WAY JOSÉ!
You think that was bad, I was implying Runblad and a 1st for Jensen and Hansen. The OP wants to try to improve the Canucks roster, while my scenario does not care about the Canucks needs and only focuses on improving the Coyotes. Kinda like what the OP did to the Coyotes. I guess mine was worse though... Coyotes need Boedker and not are not shopping him and it would take an over payment.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:37 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
You think that was bad, I was implying Runblad and a 1st for Jensen and Hansen. The OP wants to try to improve the Canucks roster, while my scenario does not care about the Canucks needs and only focuses on improving the Coyotes. Kinda like what the OP did to the Coyotes. I guess mine was worse though... Coyotes need Boedker and not are not shopping him and it would take an over payment.
Oh I see exam critters are making me slow

I understand, I think's thats kinda how we feel about Hansen, we value him more than anyone would want to pay

If I were to suggest any trades for the yotes, id try and snag Frans Nielsen of the Islanders, him and Boeds had crazy chemistry in Finland.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:41 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
He is doing so well in Belleville lately, I don't want to move him at all right now.

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Ballgarath

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
He is doing so well in Belleville lately, I don't want to move him at all right now.
we have time , im sure he will get a long look at training camp next year, he has the size to be in the nhl right now unlike other prospects his age, will he be old enough next year for the ahl? he may do well spending a year there first.

Ballgarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:57 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
we have time , im sure he will get a long look at training camp next year, he has the size to be in the nhl right now unlike other prospects his age, will he be old enough next year for the ahl? he may do well spending a year there first.
Isn't 21 years of age unless he has spent at least some time in a pro league?

He will only be 19 next year, so it's the same story for him as with Jensen, but Gaunce might not have Europe as a Choice, and I wouldn't want for him to spend another year in the O.. Not for a big fella like that he needs to play a physical game!

Old
01-19-2013, 01:05 PM
DJOpus

I would do Hansen for Runblad and a 1st but only because I expect Phx to be in the lottery this year (I'll admit that most people don't though). It would take that much for me to give up Hansen though.

Hansen is very good and would have been 3rd on the Coyotes for even strength points (behind only Whitney and Vrbata) while only making $1.3M while also being solid defensively, tough, and a good penalty killer...guys like that are very hard to give up.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote