HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Center Ice/Game Center Discussion

Old
01-18-2013, 07:56 AM
StumpNYI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit2804 View Post
has any one seen an app released for either the roku or xbox 360 for the up coming 2013 season
As of last night, no xbox app yet. I heard not until tomorrow.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:57 AM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
This is what I see too!

The question is, will someone who had it last year be automatically renewed, as was mentioned above, or do we (even if we have an account) need to click on the offers now.

I don't wanna pay double, so to speak.
Same here. I don't want to risk not being able to see the opener but also don't want to pay now and then get charged on a renewal.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Hyphistos

Basically I would guess that if you don't do anything you will be automatically renewed. But at which time and date - I do not know. However what I can tell you is that I also had it last year and was so impatient that I bought it for this season as soon as it was available - under the same account. A friend of mine did the same and only after we discussed it, we became insecure if they could charge us double. Today he sent me this from the official support:

Quote:
Greetings,

As you purchased under the same account, you will not be renewed and you will not be double charged. Enjoy the service! Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

NHL Support

Ticket Details
However, I do not know how he originally formulated his request, if there was anything lost in translation etc. - to put it short: I'm pretty sure that everything is ok if you purchase before automatic renewal but I don't want to be responsible for anyone else, just thought I could help a little bit.

Hyphistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:50 AM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphistos View Post
Basically I would guess that if you don't do anything you will be automatically renewed. But at which time and date - I do not know. However what I can tell you is that I also had it last year and was so impatient that I bought it for this season as soon as it was available - under the same account. A friend of mine did the same and only after we discussed it, we became insecure if they could charge us double. Today he sent me this from the official support:

However, I do not know how he originally formulated his request, if there was anything lost in translation etc. - to put it short: I'm pretty sure that everything is ok if you purchase before automatic renewal but I don't want to be responsible for anyone else, just thought I could help a little bit.
Thanks for sharing that. I got impatient and went ahead and made the purchase manually. Hopefully it all goes over smoothly. Now, we just wait...

Old
01-18-2013, 09:02 AM
steveat

I am not too worried about double charging.

1. It's like 35€ at the end of the day. If the cost was like 300€ then I would be worried.

2. You could always charge it back. It would be obvious to any CC company that this was a double charge.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphistos View Post

Cheers for that!

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
I am not too worried about double charging.

1. It's like 35 at the end of the day. If the cost was like 300 then I would be worried.

2. You could always charge it back. It would be obvious to any CC company that this was a double charge.
Good points... I'm gonna grab it now...

Old
01-18-2013, 10:35 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
As of last night, no xbox app yet. I heard not until tomorrow.
360 app is out there now. It's in the same video section as Netflix, Hulu, etc.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:27 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Oh man, the bagels.

I actually miss garlic knots the most. Up here in Boston, I get blank stares when I mention them. They just don't know.

I've been a Center Ice person for the last several years, but all this talk of GCL has me very interested. I just might have to switch.
What are your reasons for switching?

13th Floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:43 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Floor View Post
What are your reasons for switching?
I'm pretty sick of watching all the Isles games in SD. What's the purpose of having a big screen TV if I can't get the full effect? I could connect my laptop to the TV via HDMI. Plus, it's annoying to be forced to watch quite a few of the opponent's feeds on CI.

I may be moving in a couple of months and having GCL would give me flexibility and a seamless transition rather than relying on Comcast/XFinity to not screw anything up. If my new place has FIOS, I'd rather get that.

I also kind of like the idea of being able to watch games on some of my other devices. It would be kind of cool to not miss anything if I'm sitting on the throne.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:50 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
I've had CI for the past 6-7 years and switched this year to GCL.

Reasons being that:

1. I have (and am employed by) Comcast Cable and they dont carry CI in HD. Obviously switching to another provider would be frowned upon at work. Standard definition might as well be in black and white.

2. I can watch GCL in HD on my iPad, iPhone (if I'm out), or via my XBOX 360 which is connected to my 50" HDTV in my basement.

To me at least CI only makes sense any more if you plan on watching each and every game on your television and your cable/satellite provider carries the HD feeds of all the games.

Last edited by IceAce: 01-18-2013 at 01:33 PM.
IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:59 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
I'm pretty sick of watching all the Isles games in SD. What's the purpose of having a big screen TV if I can't get the full effect? I could connect my laptop to the TV via HDMI. Plus, it's annoying to be forced to watch quite a few of the opponent's feeds on CI.

I may be moving in a couple of months and having GCL would give me flexibility and a seamless transition rather than relying on Comcast/XFinity to not screw anything up. If my new place has FIOS, I'd rather get that.

I also kind of like the idea of being able to watch games on some of my other devices. It would be kind of cool to not miss anything if I'm sitting on the throne.
Haha makes sense. Thanks for the response. From what I understand, it's very provider specific. I've heard that DirectTV has the feeds in HD (mostly). Can anyone confirm that?

Old
01-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Solak

Send a message via AIM to Solak Send a message via Yahoo to Solak
Quote:
Haha makes sense. Thanks for the response. From what I understand, it's very provider specific. I've heard that DirectTV has the feeds in HD (mostly). Can anyone confirm that?
Directv has almost every game in HD. Occasionally a game between two Canadian teams may not have a HD feed but that is all.

Solak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:11 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solak View Post
Directv has almost every game in HD. Occasionally a game between two Canadian teams may not have a HD feed but that is all.
Awesome. Thank you.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Center Ice ordered!

01-18-2013, 01:44 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Center Ice ordered!
It's free for a bit, no? Or you are just excited and were gonna get it anyway?

Old
01-18-2013, 01:47 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
It's free from the 19th to the 31st. I fully intend on taking advantage of that as I decide to switch to GCL or not.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:52 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
It's free from the 19th to the 31st. I fully intend on taking advantage of that as I decide to switch to GCL or not.
Yup yup. Me too. I'm going to see how good the HD feeds are for Direct TV and being out of the Islanders market.

Old
01-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Yeah, but the price is the same either way. I also had to call the cable company for something else.

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:20 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
Yeah, but the price is the same either way. I also had to call the cable company for something else.
Ah. Makes sense.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Gamecenter update:
Today I received the following!

>>>
The NHL season is set to start and once again you can follow the action live with NHL GameCenter LIVE™.

For your convenience, your annual subscription will be automatically renewed on February 2, 2013 at the one-time price of $49.99USD with the credit card you have on file. To ensure your billing information is up to date, please sign in to your account and select "Billing Info" at the top of the page.

Your account will remain active until we attempt the renewal charge on February 2, 2013. You may enjoy access to live games and on-demand videos until then with no action required by you.
<<<

Got nervous when I saw 'February 2nd', but like that last sentence!

Old
01-19-2013, 02:53 AM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Technology is freakin amazing. I've been watching hockey since 1975, and now you can watch LIVE games on your phone, tablet, laptop, gaming system hooked up to your TV, Roku or some other streaming box hooked up to your TV. Jeez, who ever saw this coming 30 years ago. 33 years ago I was watching the Isles play on my 15" black and white TV on channel 9 instead of studying for my English Regents test, lol.
Tim Ryan and George Michael on channel 9. Those were the days.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:17 AM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Quote:
Ah. Makes sense.
The past couple of seasons I ordered early because if you waited until the end of the freebee period you lost the discount. Is that off the table this year? I am curious because I am on 10 day hold (damn boycott and all). lol

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
The past couple of seasons I ordered early because if you waited until the end of the freebee period you lost the discount. Is that off the table this year? I am curious because I am on 10 day hold (damn boycott and all). lol
No idea. In the past if you ordered during the early bird you got the discount. With this season who knows. If I had to guess I think they're going with straight pricing, no discount this season.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Oh, only SD for Isles game tonight. NO HD for me at least!!!