HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Andy Mac isn't in the scrimmage. Trade incoming? Maybe the reason we didn't send down Porter is that Schwartz is staying with the Blues and Andy Mac is going to be traded?
I really hope we don't trade him, he is our best offensive weapon. But he is the highest paid player on our team and if we get a LEGIT #2 to play with Petro, then it could be worth it. I really hope we dont move him though.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Much more likely that he tweaked a groin or some minor injury.
That would bum me out so bad if Andy Mac got injured before the first game. Occam's razor, though...

Old
01-17-2013, 07:38 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Andy Mac isn't in the scrimmage. Trade incoming? Maybe the reason we didn't send down Porter is that Schwartz is staying with the Blues and Andy Mac is going to be traded?
Schwartz and McDonald are on different lines, and Porter is one of our 2 spares.
One has nothing to do with the other.

McDonald was one of the players who didn't play during the lockout. He probably got a minor injury(cramp or sprain) and was pulled out for precautionary reasons.

I wouldn't read too much into it and I wouldn't worry about it either.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:39 PM
BlueDream

McDonald's injury concerns and age are the reason I would be okay with moving him, even though he's very good.

Who knows why he's out, it'd be stupid if they were just holding him out for precautionary reasons, but we'll see... Armstrong typically makes moves that nobody sees coming, as we know.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:39 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Most likely its a minor injury that they don't want to risk in the scrimmage 2 days before the game.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Alklha

vCash: 50
No way do I see it being a trade. With his age and injury record, no way will we get anything more valuable to our team in return for him IMO.

Any knock or muscle tightness and we won't be taking any risks ahead of Saturday.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
Schwartz and McDonald are on different lines, and Porter is one of our 2 spares.
One has nothing to do with the other.

McDonald was one of the players who didn't play during the lockout. He probably got a minor injury(cramp or sprain) and was pulled out for precautionary reasons.

I wouldn't read too much into it and I wouldn't worry about it either.
Perron Backes Oshie
McDonald Steen Tarasenko
Schwartz Berglund Stewart
D'Agostini Nichol Sobotka
Reaves Porter Langenbrunner

Russell Pietrangelo
Jackman Shattenkirk
Cole Polak
Woywitka

Halak
Elliott

That's 15 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies, or a 24-man roster. The final roster has to be 23 players, so we still have to lose a forward.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Perron Backes Oshie
McDonald Steen Tarasenko

Russell Pietrangelo
Jackman Shattenkirk
Cole Polak
Woywitka

Halak
Elliott

That's 15 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies, or a 24-man roster. The final roster has to be 23 players, so we still have to lose a forward.

Not sure what Hitch sees in Langs.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:12 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post

Leadership and PK ability

We're still a young team.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

Quote:
They say he's a good guy to have in the locker room, and he's not a liability on the ice. Still, if we're just talking about hockey ability, I'd rather have Porter, honestly.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:13 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Leadership, experience.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:14 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Perron Backes Oshie
McDonald Steen Tarasenko

Russell Pietrangelo
Jackman Shattenkirk
Cole Polak
Woywitka

Halak
Elliott

Oh, I expect a trade; just not for McDonald.
D'Agostini is the guy on the outside right now.

D'Agostini goes for a D man; Cole(no waivers) goes to the AHL.
Boom; 23 man roster.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:25 PM
BlueDream

But isn't Colin White here for his experience too? I know some of you will say "can't have enough leadership" but I'm just not a big fan of Langs. I don't think we really need him. We have younger, probably better players.

And Kimzey, I'd be shocked if Cole ever saw the AHL again. There's no way that happens IMO.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Alklha

Any more talk of an extension for Pietrangelo? Said to the press last week about how we spoke with him over the summer, but both sides wanted to see what the new CBA brought.

In 2012 he went 7-33-40 in 44 games, with his usual D. If he repeats that form this season, then I think the result is going to be pretty predictable.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:38 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
But isn't Colin White here for his experience too? I know some of you will say "can't have enough leadership" but I'm just not a big fan of Langs. I don't think we really need him. We have younger, probably better players.

And Kimzey, I'd be shocked if Cole ever saw the AHL again. There's no way that happens IMO.
1) White is here on a PTO. Technically, he's still a UFA. Unless we offer him a real contract, he's gone as soon as Camp ends. Lang's, Jax, Nichol and McDonald are the only players on the team over the age of 30 and Lang's still has more PO experience than the rest of the team combined. His leadership is still an incredibly valuable asset to the team.

2) What has Cole done to earn an NHL spot?
From every report I've read; White and Woywitka have outperformed him by a fairly good margin in camp. Hitch is not going to give the kid a handout. If he doesn't earn a spot, he won't get one. Right now; I can't say he's earned a spot.

Old
01-18-2013, 04:02 AM
ExJbeck

Quote:
2) What has Cole done to earn an NHL spot?
From every report I've read; White and Woywitka have outperformed him by a fairly good margin in camp. Hitch is not going to give the kid a handout. If he doesn't earn a spot, he won't get one. Right now; I can't say he's earned a spot.
Could i see those "reports"? I highly doubt that White or Woywitka have out performed Cole. Cole is getting his chance barring a trade.

Old
01-18-2013, 04:18 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP27Blues View Post
Could i see those "reports"? I highly doubt that White or Woywitka have out performed Cole. Cole is getting his chance barring a trade.
I'd be suspicious of any reports from fans (that includes bloggers and Strickland) because there is a solid contingent of Blues fans who have absolutely no faith in Cole, for whatever reason. I haven't seen him this year, but going by his previous performance, I think he has been inconsistent, but is still suited to play in the NHL.

That said, I'm not saying that any given report is inaccurate - I don't actually know how Cole has looked recently. I'm happy to wait a very short period of time and see what happens as opposed to having any need to prove anyone right or wrong.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:07 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Fan reports from the first scrimmage game.
Check any forum(here, Stltoday.com, etc...) reports from the first scrimmage game.

Everybody I've seen saying anything has said that Cole came in with a sense of entitlement and that White and Woywitka were giving more effort. IF that is even remotely true; Cole won't be getting the spot.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:51 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Fan reports from the first scrimmage game.
Check any forum(here, Stltoday.com, etc...) reports from the first scrimmage game.

Everybody I've seen saying anything has said that Cole came in with a sense of entitlement and that White and Woywitka were giving more effort. IF that is even remotely true; Cole won't be getting the spot.
I have actually heard the exact opposite. From everyone Ive talked to or articles Ive read Cole has been doing very well in camp and he will be in the top 6 no doubt.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:00 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
I have actually heard the exact opposite. From everyone Ive talked to or articles Ive read Cole has been doing very well in camp and he will be in the top 6 no doubt.
I guess we'll see then.
Cole, Schwartz and Tarasenko are the only guys left in camp who can be assigned to Peoria by the 4:00 deadline; and the 2 forwards have certainly earned their spots.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Unless Redden is signed.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:50 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Unless Redden is signed.

Even then we'd still have a numbers problem.
In fact; signing White or Redden would make things worse.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:47 AM
BlueBeard

I am beginning to wonder if this shortened season has altered Army and Hitch's game plan when it comes to who's on the roster. I can see where it makes sense to sign a guy like Redden or White and stash both Schwartz and Cole in Peoria for a later date just to have a better quality call up closer to the end of the season. If we are fighting for a playoff spot in March, do you want to put Schwartz and/or Cole in an important role or Chorney and/or Cracknell?

I'm voting that we sign one of Redden or White and send both Schwartz and Cole down at this point. It's just a matter of time before the injuries hit anyway.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:29 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
It makes no sense to practice Schwartz on a line with Berglund/Stewart all week and then send him down. They need to be getting ready for the games, so I think he stays up for sure.

I bet they either have someone with a little nagging injury (probably a 4th liner) going on IR, but more likely....they cut Porter. If they do cut him, its as a service and a sign of respect. He's an NHL player and should be on a roster somewhere. Cutting him gives him a chance to catch on with a team somewhere. I'd bet anything they gave him the option between AHL and being cut loose and he'd prefer the latter.

I don't see a trade coming down. GMs would be unwise to structure their rosters in a way that a snag with a trade (things outside their control) would put them in violation of the rules. Armstrong doesn't operate that way. That's not to say he won't do a trade at all, but I don't see that as an explanation to the numbers game.

I'll be surprised if we see Redden in a Bluenote.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I'll be surprised if we see Redden in a Bluenote.
Surprise!

Closed Thread