HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Off-topic Thread XLIX-Am I Dreaming Again

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
  #51
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
I think the only possible take away from this is that Chuck likes juicy meat.



As if that's news to anyone here?

LSCII is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:23 PM
  #52
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
This makes my day. I can actually hear the woman's voice in my head as she mouths the line.

LSCII is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:25 PM
  #53
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»
 
deliciouspie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: sf, austin, here
Country: United States
Posts: 2,778
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
the asking for W2s thing is something that, while not technically illegal, is such incredible bush league crap that unless you're hurting for work, you should walk out the door right then

i make sure that my people are paid what they're worth to the company (plus as much extra as i can get them, as then they are happy and they stick around, and if i don't get the stupid bonus for keeping personnel costs low, i couldn't care less) and that has precisely zero to do with what they may have made at their last firm

if a job asks you waht you would like to make and there's a difference between where they're slotting you and what you want, that's one thing, but using your old pay is completely asinine and representative of a crappy culture

deliciouspie is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:27 PM
  #54
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine
 
MSPGabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Fridays are my Monday...

MSPGabe is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:34 PM
  #55
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
This whole week has been a snail's pace. Every time I look at a clock I figure out how many days and hours until 7pm tomorrow night.

The countdown clock on Puck Daddy's Yahoo page helps a little.
I said to my oldest this morning - Guess what we get to watch tomorrow night?

Son - The Bruins?

Me - Uh huh.

Then he runs to his closet and puts his jersey on. Kind of puts the whole lock out in perspective.

Neely08 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:36 PM
  #56
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
I said to my oldest this morning - Guess what we get to watch tomorrow night?

Son - The Bruins?

Me - Uh huh.

Then he runs to his closet and puts his jersey on. Kind of puts the whole lock out in perspective.
Pretty much the exact opposite happened when I reminded my wife that the Bruins are on tomorrow

patty59 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:43 PM
  #57
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by banalpie View Post
the asking for W2s thing is something that, while not technically illegal, is such incredible bush league crap that unless you're hurting for work, you should walk out the door right then

i make sure that my people are paid what they're worth to the company (plus as much extra as i can get them, as then they are happy and they stick around, and if i don't get the stupid bonus for keeping personnel costs low, i couldn't care less) and that has precisely zero to do with what they may have made at their last firm

if a job asks you waht you would like to make and there's a difference between where they're slotting you and what you want, that's one thing, but using your old pay is completely asinine and representative of a crappy culture
In sales, it's pretty standard. You go in on interviews and you talk about how well you've done in the past, and some companies want to see proof that what you're saying is real. If you have a W2 to back it up, no worries. It's only when you say you were a top earner at a company and your W2 doesn't back it up that you have an issue.

LSCII is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:44 PM
  #58
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Pretty much the exact opposite happened when I reminded my wife that the Bruins are on tomorrow
My wife knows I haven't been right since October. Hockey is my one big escape from all the BS, always was. Add having two boys who are just embracing the game, I feel the worst for them. The B's were like superheroes to me at that age.

Neely08 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:52 PM
  #59
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»
 
deliciouspie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: sf, austin, here
Country: United States
Posts: 2,778
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
In sales, it's pretty standard. You go in on interviews and you talk about how well you've done in the past, and some companies want to see proof that what you're saying is real. If you have a W2 to back it up, no worries. It's only when you say you were a top earner at a company and your W2 doesn't back it up that you have an issue.
okay, see, that makes plenty of sense as your compensation is directly tied to performance

as we hire salaried dudes and dudettes, there's no similar reason to do so, yet here we are

deliciouspie is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 02:14 PM
  #60
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 20,631
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
Great minds robert, great minds. Same thing went through my mind when I read that post

BMC is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 02:29 PM
  #61
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,277
vCash: 500
oh and I discovered Nordstrom Rack....all hail, has underwear for $2.97. I just hope it fits properly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ya^^^ 100% disappointed in everything I got there. except the socks.

and now I must sell artwork so I can afford to go to VS


Last edited by Kovi: 01-18-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: soory i completely screwed up my post in my grief
Kovi is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 02:45 PM
  #62
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 34,925
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post

Can always count on Lonnie to get the ball rolling.

I was by myself and there was no meat in whatever that was that I put in my mouth.

oh and I discovered Nordstrom Rack....all hail, has underwear for $2.97. I just hope it fits properly.
You said rack, underwear and hope it fits all in the same post... Was tired, now I am not...thank you for waking me up mi amore..

WBC8 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 02:46 PM
  #63
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
You said rack, underwear and hope it fits all in the same post... Was tired, now I am not...thank you for waking me up mi amore..
I have not shopped for myself in a VERY long time.

Kovi is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 02:48 PM
  #64
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 34,925
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
I have not shopped for myself in a VERY long time.
Well, have fun then... You don't need anything new though...U is purrrfect !

WBC8 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 02:53 PM
  #65
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,424
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
You said rack, underwear and hope it fits all in the same post... Was tired, now I am not...thank you for waking me up mi amore..
you forgot meat and mouth

__________________
Love the city, hate the Hab™


BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 03:12 PM
  #66
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
you forgot meat and mouth


I was waiting lol

Kovi is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 03:15 PM
  #67
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,424
vCash: 50
I am dissapointed in Lou

Scotto74 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 03:17 PM
  #68
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
I am dissapointed in Lou
Mrs. Wham Bam, is that you?

Kovi is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 03:19 PM
  #69
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,424
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
Mrs. Wham Bam, is that you?
Ouch

Scotto74 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 03:32 PM
  #70
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»
 
deliciouspie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: sf, austin, here
Country: United States
Posts: 2,778
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
you know, i used to do undies at the rack but i've decided to be a fred's of hollywood person for the remainder of my days on this spheroid

deliciouspie is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 03:49 PM
  #71
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,277
vCash: 500
......nmd


Last edited by Kovi: 01-18-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Kovi is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 03:59 PM
  #72
smithformeragent
Moderator
 
smithformeragent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Manchester NH
Country: United States
Posts: 9,007
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Pretty much the exact opposite happened when I reminded my wife that the Bruins are on tomorrow
My fiance last night when I told her about 48 games in 99 days- "I'm not going to be watching Merlin in the living room for a while, am I?"

smithformeragent is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 04:02 PM
  #73
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 34,925
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post


I was waiting lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
I am dissapointed in Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
Mrs. Wham Bam, is that you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
Ouch
HAHAHAHAHHAH... you guys kill me...

I did say I was tired!

WBC8 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 04:50 PM
  #74
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,277
vCash: 500

Kovi is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 04:55 PM
  #75
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey
 
Kovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,277
vCash: 500

Kovi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.