HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2013, 05:11 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

It's NHL Season Eve. Do you know where your goalie tandem is?

Old
01-18-2013, 05:13 PM
rune74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
It's NHL Season Eve. Do you know where your goalie tandem is?
Well, I know my team the Canucks has one of the best in the league right now

Old
01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Greeningfan14

I would love to know how many Luongo threads have been filled.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:16 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReleaseTheLehner View Post
For a guy who apparently nobody wants and who apparently is washed up he sure garners a lot of interest even if over half of the posts are Canuck fans.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Tretiak 20

vCash: 2240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReleaseTheLehner View Post
HFBoards search says 79.

Keyword: Luongo (Titles Only)
At least 950 replies
Comes up with 79 results.

EDIT: The original search included threads from when he got traded from FLA to VAN. Added new search term of threads 2 years and newer and came up with 77 results.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:19 PM
TheBleedingEdge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
My question for our GM is pretty simple.

I was on board for getting Kadri and Colborne. Kadri and Ashton. Kadri and whatever. But at some point, you need the other team to agree. The leafs did not agree. You can whine and moan and complain all you want, and the leafs still arent going to do it.

So if the leafs are wrong, why hasnt ANY other team come up with some kind of acceptable value for the guy? Its been EIGHT months. Not 3 days.

EIGHT months. And yes there was a lock out but dont tell me the GMs were not having 'unofficial' conversations about llkely CBA terms and whatnot.

Of course they were. They had nothing else to do until a CBA was signed.

So in all these months, not one team has put up a decent offer for this 'ALL STAR' ????
That never happens. Not this long.

There can be only ONE solution to why there has been interest in Luongo but NO team has caved in and paid what Gillis wants.

It is Gillis wants TOO MUCH and over estimates the market.

So, my question to our GM is................WHAT exactly is going to change from now until the off season where EVER MORE UFA goalies will be avail ? Whats going to get us the good Luongo offer then that didnt happen in the last 8 months?
And how do you sandwich both your goalies into this 48 games schedule in the meantime?

Gillis has screwed this up in my opinion. Hes a great GM and I love the guy, but he has screwed this up.
Question for all of this profound insight you have imparted on us.

Do you think as this short season gets underway will some goalies/teams stumble out of the gate or accumulate injuries and feel MORE or LESS pressure to make a trade?

Will GM's who may feel the axe coming be more inclined to make deals to save their seasons or jobs?

The answer is yes because Gillis is waiting for leverage from this pressure to succeed that every GM has on them. Leading to possible openings for trades or rash decisions a la Gainey.

Sky is falling, sky is falling should be the mantra of so many on both sides of the Luongo fence. Its asset management and buissness acumen.

Lets just not bring up Hodgson/Kassian (and to a lesser degree Grabner) and my arguement holds up just fine

Old
01-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Redline

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
For a guy who apparently nobody wants and who apparently is washed up he sure garners a lot of interest even if over half of the posts are Canuck fans.
Saw alot of the same posters rewording the same posts 100's of times. So for a few its been interesting but the majority tired of it months ago.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:30 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
Saw alot of the same posters rewording the same posts 100's of times. So for a few its been interesting but the majority tired of it months ago.
And yet you took the time to come here and post.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
And yet you took the time to come here and post.
Sure did. Was interested too find out the thread count. See you the next time i lose track.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Stahl2Stall
Drawing Frog 8

Is there an official count on how many Luongo threads this has gone through? Remember the good ol' days when they were still Bond puns.

Maybe the Habs will blow out the Leafs tomorrow night and we can see Nonis panic

Old
01-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Is it true Ben freaking Scrivens is the starting goalie on opening night? The Vatican of hockey has the worst starter in the NHL?

It's time to move Lupul and Phaneuf. That team is headed for toiletville.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:53 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Is it true Ben freaking Scrivens is the starting goalie on opening night? The Vatican of hockey has the worst starter in the NHL?

Yeah rebuilding teams usually do poorly, awesome insight on your part.

Last edited by piqued: 01-18-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: unnecessary
Old
01-18-2013, 05:57 PM
StringerBell

So I'm not even sure if this would be legal under the CBA, but allow me to think outside the box for a second.

- Assuming Florida is out of it by the deadline, we trade them our 1st + 3rd for Weiss as a rental.
- Then after using him for our potential cup run, he becomes a UFA and is free to re-sign in Florida.
- Then at the draft we trade Luongo to Florida for Drew Shore, FLA 2nd and our picks back.

In the end we would get Shore and a 2nd, as well as both Weiss and Luongo for our playoff run. Florida would end up with Luongo for Shore and a 2nd, and presumably a better draft pick by finishing out their season without Weiss.

Might not be practical, but does anyone else like this in theory? I'm just tired of the Leafs/Nucks bickering that these threads have devolved into, thought I'd switch it up.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:58 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Yeah rebuilding teams usually do poorly, awesome insight on your part.
So the Leafs are rebuilding now?

So confusing.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:05 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:

Ben Scrivens was the AHl's best goalie last season.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:07 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Yann Danis was 2nd best (near identical stats). Guess we can tell the Oil fans their goal-tending problems are over.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:09 PM
PhiladelphiaKessel
DontCrossthe****Line

Quote:

Why bother commenting when u don't even know who Ben scrivens is

Old
01-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingEdge View Post
Question for all of this profound insight you have imparted on us.

Do you think as this short season gets underway will some goalies/teams stumble out of the gate or accumulate injuries and feel MORE or LESS pressure to make a trade?

Will GM's who may feel the axe coming be more inclined to make deals to save their seasons or jobs?

The answer is yes because Gillis is waiting for leverage from this pressure to succeed that every GM has on them. Leading to possible openings for trades or rash decisions a la Gainey.

Sky is falling, sky is falling should be the mantra of so many on both sides of the Luongo fence. Its asset management and buissness acumen.

Lets just not bring up Hodgson/Kassian (and to a lesser degree Grabner) and my arguement holds up just fine
I am just a fan just like yourself. My 'wisdom' would be for the canucks to go 48-0 and win the stanley cup.

But that wont necessarily make it so.

Just like my wish to get full value for Lui. We can wish all the scenarios all we want but it wont necessarily make it so.

As a Canuck fan, your logic sounds fine to me. Maybe a team will stumble and be forced to trade for Luongo. Goaltending is a fickle position however, and a guy is good one week then sucks the next. Its the one position that rarely gets traded for at the deadline.

From a business point of view, I would suggest that the Luongo situation played itself out and we now entertain trading Cory Schneider for value and hanging onto Luongo for the duration.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:12 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
I am just a fan just like yourself. My 'wisdom' would be for the canucks to go 48-0 and win the stanley cup.

But that wont necessarily make it so.

Just like my wish to get full value for Lui. We can wish all the scenarios all we want but it wont necessarily make it so.

As a Canuck fan, your logic sounds fine to me. Maybe a team will stumble and be forced to trade for Luongo. Goaltending is a fickle position however, and a guy is good one week then sucks the next. Its the one position that rarely gets traded for at the deadline.

From a business point of view, I would suggest that the Luongo situation played itself out and we now entertain trading Cory Schneider for value and hanging onto Luongo for the duration.
Partial value, that actually holds some value.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:16 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Yann Danis was 2nd best (near identical stats). Guess we can tell the Oil fans their goal-tending problems are over.
Reimer wasn't playing during the lockout. Scrivens was. Makes sense to me.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:17 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Yann Danis was #2.

Lol: looks like small minds think alike.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:20 PM
WonderTwinsUnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaKessel View Post
He's really good

Old
01-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Nash

Quote:
Reimer wasn't playing during the lockout. Scrivens was. Makes sense to me.
Agreed. Scrivens may end up being the better of the two in the long run. All teams are going to be playing two goalies more this season.

It's going to be a long season in Toronto, but at least the kids are finally playing. I still remember what a pain in the a$$ Komarov seemed during the WJC. Leafs fans will like him. I hope Kadri does well and Carlyle shows some patience with him. Wilson was so detrimental to his confidence.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:26 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Agreed. Scrivens may end up being the better of the two in the long run. All teams are going to be playing two goalies more this season.

It's going to be a long season in Toronto, but at least the kids are finally playing. I still remember what a pain in the a$$ Komarov seemed during the WJC. Leafs fans will like him. I hope Kadri does well and Carlyle shows some patience with him. Wilson was so detrimental to his confidence.
How many times under Burke & Nonis did we hear that the "next guy" is going to be "the guy".

Old
01-18-2013, 06:27 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaKessel View Post
most are well aware of Ben Scrivens, doesn't stop him from being a bad option to start

Closed Thread