wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
This is what I meant in my first post about this being chintzy.

If somebody asked me for a business card and I said their choices are:
1. pay me for a printed version;
2. give them log-on instructions so they can print their own;
3. write it down themselves from the information at our front desk;
they would tell me to ******* off and go do business with somebody else.

The Jets are so lucky to be the only game in town right now. I will NOT buy any more merchandise from them.
Wow, just wow! You blew my mind here, never would have thought of that analogy.

Oh wait, I don't get it, this has nothing to do with business cards. That makes no sense at all.

Wonko the Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Becel
I Hate Jamie Macoun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Row 3 Upper View Post
I printed out my tickets that were transferred to me by my season ticket group partner. They print with a $0 value on them. My question is how could I sell these for "face value" with it not being considered scalping?
Pretty strange the season tickets I paid for print as if they were freebies.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Last year the hard stock tickets came with walk up prices printed on them
Category pricing
'C' Games pricing
'B' games pricing
'A' Games
P1 $166.00 $186.00 $205.75
P2 $146.50 $164.25 $181.75
P3 $121.00 $135.50 $150.00
P4 $101.50 $113.75 $126.00
P5 $82.25 $92.00 $102.00
P6 $69.50 $77.75 $86.00
P7 $50.00 $56.00 $62.00

The above prices do not include Agency Convenience Fees or Delivery Charges.

'A' GAMES
Date Opponent Time Category
Sat, 19 Jan 2013 Ottawa Senators 2:00 PM A
Fri, 25 Jan 2013 Pittsburgh Penguins 7:00 PM A
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 Toronto Maple Leafs 7:00 PM A
Fri, 15 Feb 2013 Pittsburgh Penguins 6:00 PM A
Sat, 2 Mar 2013 Washington Capitals 2:00 PM A
Tue, 12 Mar 2013 Toronto Maple Leafs 7:00 PM A
Thu, 21 Mar 2013 Washington Capitals 7:00 PM A
Fri, 22 Mar 2013 Washington Capitals 6:00 PM A
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 Montreal Canadiens 7:00 PM A

B GAMES
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 Philadelphia Flyers 7:00 PM B
Sun, 17 Feb 2013 Boston Bruins 2:00 PM B
Thu, 28 Feb 2013 New Jersey Devils 7:00 PM B
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 New York Rangers 7:00 PM B
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 Boston Bruins 7:00 PM B
Sun, 24 Mar 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning 7:00 PM B
Sat, 30 Mar 2013 Carolina Hurricanes 2:00 PM B
Sat, 6 Apr 2013 Philadelphia Flyers 2:00 PM B
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning 7:00 PM B
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 Carolina Hurricanes 7:30 PM B

'C' GAMES
Sun, 27 Jan 2013 New York Islanders 7:00 PM C
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 Florida Panthers 7:00 PM C
Tue, 9 Apr 2013 Buffalo Sabres 7:00 PM C
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 Florida Panthers 7:00 PM C
Sat, 20 Apr 2013 New York Islanders 2:00 PM C

Becel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:57 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungman View Post
Wow, just wow! You blew my mind here, never would have thought of that analogy.

Oh wait, I don't get it, this has nothing to do with business cards. That makes no sense at all.

I actually had something very similar to this typed out, but I didn't want to be an instigator .

Old
01-18-2013, 04:18 PM
HockeyAnn

Seat Exchange

Looks like the seat exchange is up on the website. They have changed the format but the looks of it ... all games are listed and you click on buy or sell. Last year you could tell when tickets were posted because there would be a buy link that would display until the tickets were out of the system. Now you have to click buy, enter a security check word before it tells you if there are tickets.

Not a huge fan of the new system ... makes it difficult to find tickets as opposed to the system they had set up last year.

HockeyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soble View Post
After reading this thread and the Free Press comments, it astounds me how many Winnipeggers/STHs are stuck in 1996. I guess being without a team in the 4 major leagues will do that.
The STHs are mostly people involved in business. They know when they are being mistreated in a business relationship. They know a BS sales-pitch when they hear it, and Jim Ludlow delivered one at the press conference.

The "stuck in 1996" comment is exactly what hucksters want suckers to think. They want people to fall for their schemes, and hopefully to even pay a premium, just for the privilege of getting something to massage their fragile ego. It is basic marketing. What is shameful is that so many people not only fall for it but do not even realize they have been had.

Anyhow, the Jets' office and their new and improved system has not done as well as the old manual system from the 1994 lockout. My poor ticket rep has a full voicemail. I can just imagine the stress in that office. The system crashed because it could not handle the volume and there is no backup.

Back to the point: The Jets could have (and I say should have) given STHs a booklet just like last year along with the new cards. People would have had their choice, people would be happy (and ready to shop at the Jets store), and the Jets would have all their money by now. Then in future years they could have offered a choice between paper and cards.

Massive FAIL for the Jets. So **** them. To heck with Jets Gear for 2013.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
The STHs are mostly people involved in business. They know when they are being mistreated in a business relationship. They know a BS sales-pitch when they hear it, and Jim Ludlow delivered one at the press conference.

The "stuck in 1996" comment is exactly what hucksters want suckers to think. They want people to fall for their schemes, and hopefully to even pay a premium, just for the privilege of getting something to massage their fragile ego. It is basic marketing. What is shameful is that so many people not only fall for it but do not even realize they have been had.

Anyhow, the Jets' office and their new and improved system has not done as well as the old manual system from the 1994 lockout. My poor ticket rep has a full voicemail. I can just imagine the stress in that office. The system crashed because it could not handle the volume and there is no backup.

Back to the point: The Jets could have (and I say should have) given STHs a booklet just like last year along with the new cards. People would have had their choice, people would be happy (and ready to shop at the Jets store), and the Jets would have all their money by now. Then in future years they could have offered a choice between paper and cards.

I don't get it. So much anger.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:02 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
I don't get it. So much anger.
Silly Le Golie, take off those "rational glasses".
Now view this situation through my magical "everyone is trying to intentionally screw me at all times" glasses. Now do you understand?

Old
01-18-2013, 05:10 PM
BigZ65

vCash: 350
It's been logistically annoying, and a lot more work than I want to do, especially with the tight window and having to get everyone/everything organized. Were the Jets planning on rolling this out for the 2012-13 season or did they know 100% that the lockout would happen in the summer? Seems like they could have introduced this system in the summer and not forced the panic. I think the big issue is that it was thrust on STH's in stealth fashion. It went from, your package will arrive within 2 days of the schedule, to getting a booklet and a card when everyone was expecting tickets. Being a STH of the Jets and Bombers (as well as long-time customer of the Moose), it was something I'd expect from the Bombers. True North have usually been pretty good about communicating with their customers.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Soble

vCash: 50
STHs can now sell their tickets on the SeatExchange and receive the game day price ('face value', not the price the STH paid) with NO fees. TNSE is aggressively trying to minimize scalping/scams, which all fans hate, and trying to at least get some type of reasonably priced secondary market for those who didn't score tickets.

Another first class move by the Jets. But I'm sure some people will complain.

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:18 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:

Massive FAIL for the Jets.
Might come off as angry, but it's accurate.

Personally, I don't care how they deliver my tickets. What makes me chuckle is that TNSE thought that Winnipeggers would just accept these little charges that were added, but it did clearly backfire on them.

The day after it was announced to the public, I heard the rep deny that we were ever going to be charged the $2.50 fee. Denied. On the radio. Saying that we ALL misinterpreted what they said. As in, "See that part that says you will be charged $2.50 to print each ticket? Yeah, silly Winnipeg fans, you misinterpreted that because what that actually means is that you won't be charged $2.50 to print each ticket ever."

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:22 PM
PaperRockChamp

Also, my Dad was selling two p3 tickets on Kijiji.

I guess after a few minutes of listing it, he got a pretty scathing email from Scott Brown at True North saying i hope you go to jail, lose your tickets,etc.. He hit the 6 key instead of the 3 key.. so it listed as p6's for $150 each instead of p3. He's pretty sour at True North right now. They seem very stressed out these days /addlol

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Soble

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post

Personally, I don't care how they deliver my tickets. What makes me chuckle is that TNSE thought that Winnipeggers would just accept these little charges that were added, but it did clearly backfire on them.

The day after it was announced to the public, I heard the rep deny that we were ever going to be charged the $2.50 fee. Denied. On the radio. Saying that we ALL misinterpreted what they said. As in, "See that part that says you will be charged $2.50 to print each ticket? Yeah, silly Winnipeg fans, you misinterpreted that because what that actually means is that you won't be charged $2.50 to print each ticket ever."
The rep was right. I still have NO idea why people think that printing the ticket, saving the file to your computer, emailing the ticket to a buddy, would cost a dime. It was ALWAYS free. Maybe if people had taken a few minutes to read the details and try out the system, rather than see "$2.50" and assume that if you don't use the plastic card it will cost you $$. TNSE then gave up on trying to explain it to people and just caved to the mob and decided lets just make the forwarding through the system free to shut people up since they don't understand the system ("print" vs forward) and the backlash isn't worth it.

"You can print any game ticket online via My Jets Account at no additional cost. Similar to Ticket Forwarding, Reprinting your tickets generates a paper TicketFast ticket that you can print from your home or office and bring to the game."

Old
01-18-2013, 05:28 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

I'm surprised by this on the basis...

#1 that TNSE actually cares that much to watch Kijiji minute by minute, and,
#2 that Scott Brown himself, the director of TNSE communications, would personally send such a scathing email.

TNSE is smartly/devilishly setting themselves up to corner the secondary ticket market when the ticket resale law is eventually repealed (this will eventually happen, its an archaic law).

By setting up TicketExchange and this new card transfer system, they can pre-empt StubHub when the market is opened up.

Quote:
Also, my Dad was selling two p3 tickets on Kijiji.

I guess after a few minutes of listing it, he got a pretty scathing email from Scott Brown at True North saying i hope you go to jail, lose your tickets,etc.. He hit the 6 key instead of the 3 key.. so it listed as p6's for $150 each instead of p3. He's pretty sour at True North right now. They seem very stressed out these days /addlol

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
The rep was right. I still have NO idea why people think that printing the ticket, saving the file to your computer, emailing the ticket to a buddy, would cost a dime. It was ALWAYS free. Maybe if people had taken a few minutes to read the details and try out the system, rather than see "$2.50" and assume that if you don't use the plastic card it will cost you $$. TNSE then gave up on trying to explain it to people and just caved to the mob and decided lets just make the forwarding through the system free to shut people up since they don't understand the system ("print" vs forward) and the backlash isn't worth it.

"You can print any game ticket online via My Jets Account at no additional cost. Similar to Ticket Forwarding, Reprinting your tickets generates a paper TicketFast ticket that you can print from your home or office and bring to the game."
Not true. Even last year if you wanted to print the ticket for yourself it cost 2.50.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:30 PM
almostawake

Quote:
This is what I meant in my first post about this being chintzy.

If somebody asked me for a business card and I said their choices are:
1. pay me for a printed version;
2. give them log-on instructions so they can print their own;
3. write it down themselves from the information at our front desk;
they would tell me to ******* off and go do business with somebody else.

The Jets are so lucky to be the only game in town right now. I will NOT buy any more merchandise from them.
This is a spectacularly bizarre analogy.

I mean, I've never purchased a business card off of someone.

And when I asked my ticket rep for their card they happily handed it to me...

So I really cannot see where you're going with this. I'm all for a good rant. I've even been known to be persuaded by one from time to time.

But this just makes absolutely no sense. What so ever.

Quote:

What I've learnt over the years about Winnipegers is what they value, more than anything else it seems, is a good reason to complain.

Aneways, maybe I'm just a sucker, but waiving the email transfer fee is saving me $60.

So if you'll excuse me I'm taking that $60 and heading down to the Briar to plug the machines and make my fortune!

Last edited by almostawake: 01-18-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: vino
almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:33 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

This is just completely inaccurate and totally untrue.

You obviously do not know the facts.

I refer you to Page 11 of the "My Jets Account User Guide", if you received it as a Season Ticket holder.

Under "REPRINTING YOUR TICKETS":
"Step 6: ....With the implementation of the Season Ticket Card the Reprint ticket administration fee of $2.50 per ticket will be waived for the 2012-13 season."

How can you waive a Reprint Ticket administration fee that you claim never existed?

This is all pretty night and day, folks.

Quote:

Old
01-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Soble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Not true. Even last year if you wanted to print the ticket for yourself it cost 2.50.
Yes but last year you also had the paper ticket so the situation was different. The guide this year was pretty clear that printing/emailing was free. Forwarding through the system was not.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Yes but last year you also had the paper ticket so the situation was different. The guide this year was pretty clear that printing/emailing was free. Forwarding through the system was not.
This year! That was always the problem, they made it completely clear in the guide the free was only going to be waived this year, for BOTH forwarding and printing your own tickets. They clearly planned to bring the 2.50 charge back next year to be same as last year for both printing and forwarding, if you read the manual. Thanks to public pressure they caved and waived the fee for the foreseeable future.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:37 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

This is correct. TNSE went on a fishing expedition for extra revenue, then had to backpedal quickly upon publich backlash - so they went on a Bush Administration-style "deny everything" campaign.

Thankfully TNSE changed the policy. But for some posters here and TNSE (one and the same, maybe?) to suggest there was never a fee; that is just simply ridiculous.

Quote:

Old
01-18-2013, 05:37 PM
almostawake

Quote:
a) Last year it was not free, which pretty much shoots down you're assertion that it was ALWAYS free. Maybe you meant they always intended for it to be free this year, but pretty hard to tell when you're all capping a word.

b) The guide made it pretty clear that the fees were being waived this year. Which, for this season implies free, but going forward it mean something quite different.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:39 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Logged into the Jets Account today to transfer tickets to my sister and brother, really easy process and as long as they keep this in place with no fees ill be happy and can deal with no paper tickets!

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:39 PM
spicy

If you have a complaint, intelligently and calmly communicate it to TNSE, and move on.

I remember a time, not so long ago, when Wininpeg heard the Thrashers were coming to town, and everyone was saying about how "we will never take them for granted again", and "we will support them no matter what", "it would never happen again", etc etc etc, blah blah blah. really, it seemed like yesterday. *rolls eyes*

a shortened schedule was figured out, everything was rushed to be put into place, electronic cards were sent out, a $2.50 charge was put into place that was a bad move in hindsight, and now we have people *****ing and complaining about the team, the franchise, the owners, the league, hell even people *****ing about the upgraded sound system they installed above the scoreboard and it being too loud.

Grow a sack, let your balls drop, grab a beer, and shut up.

This ridiculous "you owe me or else youve screwed me" Winnipeg attitude that so many have is ridiculous. If you dont want your season tickets, give them to the next person thats been waiting patiently in line for the last year, and is happy to support the team, and isnt crying over $2.50.

spicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:40 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Holden and I just posted pretty much the same rebuttal.

@Soble - As per previous. Page 11, Step 6 of the Season Ticket Holder guide. Your argument holds no weight and would never stand up in a court of law; not even a coffee shop discussion.

Quote:

Old
01-18-2013, 05:43 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

No complaints actually, no tears, and very happy to have my STs!

However, I do have an issue with several posters here who are re-inventing history and claiming there "was never a fee".

In a hypothetical non-anonymous internet world, it would be interesting to know their employers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy View Post
If you have a complaint, intelligently and calmly communicate it to TNSE, and move on.

I remember a time, not so long ago, when Wininpeg heard the Thrashers were coming to town, and everyone was saying about how "we will never take them for granted again", and "we will support them no matter what", "it would never happen again", etc etc etc, blah blah blah. really, it seemed like yesterday. *rolls eyes*

a shortened schedule was figured out, everything was rushed to be put into place, electronic cards were sent out, a $2.50 charge was put into place that was a bad move in hindsight, and now we have people *****ing and complaining about the team, the franchise, the owners, the league, hell even people *****ing about the upgraded sound system they installed above the scoreboard and it being too loud.

Grow a sack, let your balls drop, grab a beer, and shut up.

This ridiculous "you owe me or else youve screwed me" Winnipeg attitude that so many have is ridiculous. If you dont want your season tickets, give them to the next person thats been waiting patiently in line for the last year, and is happy to support the team, and isnt crying over $2.50.