HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

2012-13: Your lineup for opening night

Old
01-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 500
They want him to dominate AHL instead of not having top minutes in NHL

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
They want him to dominate AHL instead of not having top minutes in NHL
This. I think its a good move for him. He will be up next season I think. I think the plan is to bring him up next year and have Tyler Johnson come up when Marty retires.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:14 PM
The Yzerplan
Not enough goalies

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
This. I think its a good move for him. He will be up next season I think. I think the plan is to bring him up next year and have Tyler Johnson come up when Marty retires.
The thing is, Johnson will be ready for the NHL way before that happens.

Also isn't he a center ? I think there's a fair chance he will get traded. I would hate to see him go, but there isn't really room for him here (unless someone else gets moved). We've also got Panik, Killorn and Connolly coming up sooner than later.

Last edited by The Yzerplan: 01-18-2013 at 01:22 PM.
The Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:23 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Very excited that Aulie made the roster, though I hope long-term he becomes a mainstay in the top 4 (replacing Brewer eventually). I'm intrigued to see how Conacher will gel with Vinny and whether or not Malone or Purcell will drop down to the 2nd line.

Is there any confirmation on our line-up for tomorrow night yet?

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear the Flash

vCash: 3073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High View Post
Very excited that Aulie made the roster, though I hope long-term he becomes a mainstay in the top 4 (replacing Brewer eventually). I'm intrigued to see how Conacher will gel with Vinny and whether or not Malone or Purcell will drop down to the 2nd line.

Is there any confirmation on our line-up for tomorrow night yet?

But Purcell is already on the second line
Unless you mean swapping with Malone?

Xenophobia Catalyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yzerplan View Post
The thing is, Johnson will be ready for the NHL way before that happens.

Also isn't he a center ? I think there's a fair chance he will get traded. I would hate to see him go, but there isn't really room for him here (unless someone else gets moved). We've also got Panik, Killorn and Connolly coming up sooner than later.
This and Namestnikov will nock on the door very soon as well and he could play a thirdline energy type of play, but I'm really concerend about johnson in this role he is pretty small as an energy-liner.

Right now I see that note only johnson could be a poor guy to get a NHL job, Palat could have the same problem and I'm already concerned about Korobov, I think he will go back to Russia if he doesn't get a shot at the NHL level next year. But we have already 8 guys + two over him on the depthchart. It would suck to lose him.

But to be honest I love this type of problems, it's not that horrible to lose one because 2 others are just waiting next to him on every position right now

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:38 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
But Purcell is already on the second line
Unless you mean swapping with Malone?
Yes, I was just wondering if Boucher would do any further shuffling before tomorrow night. In theory, Malone makes the most sense on the top line as he adds grit to Stammer and Marty. Also, Purcell makes sense on the 2nd line to add some scoring to Vinny and Conacher. With that said, Teddy-Stammer-Marty were a force to be reckoned with at the end of last year and it'd be nice to see if they could continue their scoring exploits!

Old
01-18-2013, 05:05 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Yes, I was just wondering if Boucher would do any further shuffling before tomorrow night. In theory, Malone makes the most sense on the top line as he adds grit to Stammer and Marty. Also, Purcell makes sense on the 2nd line to add some scoring to Vinny and Conacher. With that said, Teddy-Stammer-Marty were a force to be reckoned with at the end of last year and it'd be nice to see if they could continue their scoring exploits!
I don't think you'll see a lot of changes like Boucher usually does with the line combos. They talked a lot about keeping chemistry so I think the lines that have stayed together throughout camp, Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis, and Conacher-Lecavalier-Purcell will be untouched. There's history there for the top line and between Vinny and Purcell.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:22 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
I don't think you'll see a lot of changes like Boucher usually does with the line combos. They talked a lot about keeping chemistry so I think the lines that have stayed together throughout camp, Malone-Stamkos-St. Louis, and Conacher-Lecavalier-Purcell will be untouched. There's history there for the top line and between Vinny and Purcell.
Thank you very much for confirming Days. There was a lot of discussion about Malone not being able to find chemistry with Vinny last year, so this makes the most sense. Also, Malone can provide some protection for Stammer and Marty. Can't wait to see the boys in action tomorrow night!

Old
01-18-2013, 11:41 PM
Sky04

Quote:
Thank you very much for confirming Days. There was a lot of discussion about Malone not being able to find chemistry with Vinny last year, so this makes the most sense. Also, Malone can provide some protection for Stammer and Marty. Can't wait to see the boys in action tomorrow night!
Malone can fill the role of Downie quite easily, also love the fact that MSL and Purcell are interchangible. Purcell has good chemistry Lecavalier and Stamkos as does St.louis.

Also can't wait to see Conacher develop, his backstory is very similar to MSL's.

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:04 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
Malone can fill the role of Downie quite easily, also love the fact that MSL and Purcell are interchangible. Purcell has good chemistry Lecavalier and Stamkos as does St.louis.

Also can't wait to see Conacher develop, his backstory is very similar to MSL's.
Yup just we weren't stupid enough to release him. *Cough* Calgary *Cough*

Bolt32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:54 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Kusic
Be The Thunder

Send a message via ICQ to Kusic
Lindback in net. We will play with 7D. Tyrell, Labrie and Mikkelson are probably scratches. Lineup for tonights game.

Malone - Stamkos - St. Louis
Conacher - Lecavalier - Purcell
Pouliot - Pyatt - Crombeen
Hall - Thomspon

Salo - Hedman
Brewer - Carle
Lee - Bergeron
Aulie

Lindbäck

Kusic is offline   Reply With Quote