HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 03:45 PM
  #301
Grayfoxx
Registered User
 
Grayfoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Msg?

Curious if any MSG feeds are shown on CI? finding contradicting answers all over.

Thanks,

Grayfoxx is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 03:46 PM
  #302
funkmaster
Registered User
 
funkmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
short question (maybe it's already answered, then I'm sorry):
the faqs tell me that Game Center LIVE will renew my account and will debit my credit card automaticall for the new season (exept two states or so...) - is this also the fact with users from Europe? cause there was a discussion here last season and my credit card wasn't debited so long (but I can sign in at the moment...)
thanks for your answers!

funkmaster is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 04:11 PM
  #303
IceAce
RAISED IN A BARN
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 4,602
vCash: 7125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfoxx View Post
Curious if any MSG feeds are shown on CI? finding contradicting answers all over.

Thanks,
If you're not in the NY tv markets, yes.

IceAce is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 04:14 PM
  #304
Grayfoxx
Registered User
 
Grayfoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
If you're not in the NY tv markets, yes.
In Colorado, thanks!

Grayfoxx is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 04:18 PM
  #305
Greecian
Registered User
 
Greecian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwine85 View Post
Ok, seems like I'm able to log into the xbox and my laptop at the same time, so if there's two games I want to watch that are on at the same time, I'm in good hands
They also have the option to use picture in picture or quad box so you can watch multiple games that way.

Greecian is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 04:39 PM
  #306
Bullwine85
Registered User
 
Bullwine85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Neenah, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greecian View Post
They also have the option to use picture in picture or quad box so you can watch multiple games that way.
True, but I like to have the audio on for both games, while the split screen only allows for audio for one game at a time. This way, in case I'm paying attention to one game more than the other, I can hear the other game if there's a goal so I don't miss it

Bullwine85 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 04:59 PM
  #307
vanillaradio
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
My Apple TV app is still the same as last year - calendar up until the last game of Stanley Cup playoffs.

Is this being updated/improved for this season??

vanillaradio is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 05:09 PM
  #308
Pepper
Registered User
 
Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesle View Post
Are you sure? The Viaplay GCL website lists all the games this weekend now (it didn't earlier in the week), so I don't quite understand why they wouldn't be streamed live.
That's what they told me. I was surprised as well. Might be just Finland but I doubt it.

Pepper is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 05:33 PM
  #309
ViD
Registered User
 
ViD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blue Jackets Area
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 8,354
vCash: 500
was there something changed in the web app? Whenever I try to select a game from the score strip to start watching it, it just redirects the page to the game recap/preview, very annoying when it closes my split screen view

ViD is online now  
Old
01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
  #310
PookDo
Registered User
 
PookDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 653
vCash: 500
Any idea where I can find an updated Center Ice schedule?

PookDo is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 05:57 PM
  #311
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 79,088
vCash: 50
Got an e-mail about renewal so it looks like I've got GCL.

I'm hoping the blackouts in the UK don't work but I'm not holding hope. If someone could PM me a free VPN and just how it works that'd be great.

Shrimper is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 06:12 PM
  #312
UKFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
The GCL app, presumably, is available on xbox in the UK right? Apparently there is a technique that Brits are using to access Netflix US. So, could I use that tomorrow to watch the blackout games? Or, are the National games blacked out in the US?

UKFlyers is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 06:19 PM
  #313
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 79,088
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFlyers View Post
The GCL app, presumably, is available on xbox in the UK right? Apparently there is a technique that Brits are using to access Netflix US. So, could I use that tomorrow to watch the blackout games? Or, are the National games blacked out in the US?
National games are blacked out in the US as are some local games I believe. If you're looking to get to watch the games by changing IP and avoiding blackouts here then you're best of changing to a European country like Spain or France.

Shrimper is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 06:23 PM
  #314
UKFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
National games are blacked out in the US as are some local games I believe. If you're looking to get to watch the games by changing IP and avoiding blackouts here then you're best of changing to a European country like Spain or France.
Uh. Had a feeling they were. Hopefully there is a European one out there somewhere, or they don't blackout the games for us in the UK. All of this is a bit of a nightmare. I still don't know if this will attract more fans to subscribe to PS anyway. 10 a month for a channel that is only showing 16 league games and not much else, on top of GCL and the Sky sub you need to watch Premier Sports is just too much

UKFlyers is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 06:36 PM
  #315
vanillaradio
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFlyers View Post
Uh. Had a feeling they were. Hopefully there is a European one out there somewhere, or they don't blackout the games for us in the UK. All of this is a bit of a nightmare. I still don't know if this will attract more fans to subscribe to PS anyway. 10 a month for a channel that is only showing 16 league games and not much else, on top of GCL and the Sky sub you need to watch Premier Sports is just too much
I'm in the UK, signed up again for GLC, and I've signed up with a VPN provider - 5 a month. Really easy to setup and configure. I feel like I'm in a James Bond film - someone will rush into a room to catch me and all that is there is a computer and I am in another country.

Premier Sports can go to hell. Poxy channel, hope they fold.

vanillaradio is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 06:37 PM
  #316
vanillaradio
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Oh, and by the way, you can pretty much take your pick of the European countries to spoof to. I'd suggest one close to the UK such as France or Holland.

Good luck!

vanillaradio is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 06:41 PM
  #317
Sidorkiewicz
Registered User
 
Sidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Western MA
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Anyone know if the Sens/Jets game will be blacked out on CI in the US since NBC has the Pens/Flyers & Kings/'Hawks nationally during that window? I can't remember if they do the same crap MLB does and have "exclusive" windows for their nat'l OTA broadcast partner. I know the two US games aren't on CI, so we get what we get based on our location, but as a Sens fan I really hope I don't miss my team's opener because of irritating blackout rules.

Sidorkiewicz is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:02 PM
  #318
Bullwine85
Registered User
 
Bullwine85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Neenah, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidorkiewicz View Post
Anyone know if the Sens/Jets game will be blacked out on CI in the US since NBC has the Pens/Flyers & Kings/'Hawks nationally during that window? I can't remember if they do the same crap MLB does and have "exclusive" windows for their nat'l OTA broadcast partner. I know the two US games aren't on CI, so we get what we get based on our location, but as a Sens fan I really hope I don't miss my team's opener because of irritating blackout rules.
I don't know about CI, but i know GCL we should be fine as far as the Sens game tomorrow is concerned

Bullwine85 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:12 PM
  #319
PanthersPens62
$325 Million Man
 
PanthersPens62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LoriaLand
Country: United States
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidorkiewicz View Post
Anyone know if the Sens/Jets game will be blacked out on CI in the US since NBC has the Pens/Flyers & Kings/'Hawks nationally during that window? I can't remember if they do the same crap MLB does and have "exclusive" windows for their nat'l OTA broadcast partner. I know the two US games aren't on CI, so we get what we get based on our location, but as a Sens fan I really hope I don't miss my team's opener because of irritating blackout rules.
It should be shown on CI

PanthersPens62 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:13 PM
  #320
Sidorkiewicz
Registered User
 
Sidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Western MA
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwine85 View Post
I don't know about CI, but i know GCL we should be fine as far as the Sens game tomorrow is concerned
Yeah, as hoping to DVR it while I work a college hoops game, though. Not sure it'd fly if i'm watching the Sens on my cellphone while I'm supposed to be keeping stats for the bball game, but that may be my only option. The always accurate ( )wikipedia says I'm screwed, but I can't find anything online specifically about how tomorrow's gonna shake out:

"Additionally, NBC has been granted an exclusive window by the league, during which no other games can be televised in the United States. During this window, other games may be televised locally only by Canadian teams. For instance, if the Edmonton Oilers are playing the Nashville Predators at the same time NBC is televising another game, the Oilers may choose to broadcast the game locally (on Sportsnet West, for example), but the Predators are not permitted to televise the game. Additionally, the game would be available on NHL Center Ice in Canada, but not in the United States. The NBC blackout window typically lasts 2.5 hours from the start of its Game of the Week broadcast."

Sidorkiewicz is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:23 PM
  #321
Trl3789
Registered User
 
Trl3789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Quick question that i think i know the answer to already, but i'm just looking for conformation. I see both the Chicago-LA and PIT-PHI are going to be broadcast on NBC. Since i'm on the west coast i'll be getting the Chicago-LA game. The PIT-PHI game is still considered nationally televised and therefore will be blacked out on GCL though correct?

Trl3789 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:27 PM
  #322
Bullwine85
Registered User
 
Bullwine85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Neenah, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trl3789 View Post
Quick question that i think i know the answer to already, but i'm just looking for conformation. I see both the Chicago-LA and PIT-PHI are going to be broadcast on NBC. Since i'm on the west coast i'll be getting the Chicago-LA game. The PIT-PHI game is still considered nationally televised and therefore will be blacked out on GCL though correct?
It will be blacked out on GCL, however you can watch Pens/Flyers on nbcsports.com

Bullwine85 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:37 PM
  #323
TheMightyWhale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 192
vCash: 500
Was just notified by a Cox rep that they will NOT be having a free preview. Anyone else with Cox hear the same? Any other providers not doing the free preview?

TheMightyWhale is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:39 PM
  #324
Trl3789
Registered User
 
Trl3789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwine85 View Post
It will be blacked out on GCL, however you can watch Pens/Flyers on nbcsports.com
Awesome, you confirmed what i thought and solved and issue for me Thanks so much

Trl3789 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:45 PM
  #325
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim
 
ShadowDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,468
vCash: 500
Is CI really free for the rest of January?

ShadowDuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.