HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Luongo Thread: Sympathy For The Devil

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 06:21 PM
  #976
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,267
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
I agree with Ferraro. First and foremost, make sure you get at least 1 excellent asset.

David Bolland would be the guy to target IMO. He's capable of playing on the 2nd line while Kesler is out and gives the Canucks ridiculous strength down the middle when healthy. We would have an elite 1st, 2nd and 3rd line centre. 4th too if Malhotra returns to form.

Chicago likely moves to the East next season. Besides, they don't match up well against the Canucks at all after that deal...
Where did you hear chicago moving? They said it was columbus if I recall correctly and that Detroit would only be making 1 Western road trip from then on.

LiquidSnake is online now  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:06 PM
  #977
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,733
vCash: 50
sjam99 spreading his nonsense on twitter again. talking about how it was all but done at the draft.

luongo321 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:07 PM
  #978
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Am I the only one who thinks it's silly to give up a franchise netminder and arguably one of the best goaltenders of our generation because we have an unproven ginger potato eater on the bench who might be as good as him someday? Not to mention we will get considerably less for the proven commodity than we would for the potato eater?

Balls Mahoney is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:15 PM
  #979
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Am I the only one who thinks it's silly to give up a franchise netminder and arguably one of the best goaltenders of our generation because we have an unproven ginger potato eater on the bench who might be as good as him someday? Not to mention we will get considerably less for the proven commodity than we would for the potato eater?
If he wasn't at least as good as Luongo he wouldn't have started the final 3 playoff games of last season.

And, generations end and new generations begin.

Canucker is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:17 PM
  #980
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
If he wasn't at least as good as Luongo he wouldn't have started the final 3 playoff games of last season.

And, generations end and new generations begin.
How did those three games work out for the team?

Balls Mahoney is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:18 PM
  #981
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
How did those three games work out for the team?
Better than the previous 2 Luongo played.

Canucker is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:24 PM
  #982
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Better than the previous 2 Luongo played.
Losses are still losses and it seems silly we're going to ship out a franchise netminder who completely turned this team around based on a five game series. Especially when Lu took this team within a game of the Cup.

Balls Mahoney is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:26 PM
  #983
alternate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Am I the only one who thinks it's silly to give up a franchise netminder and arguably one of the best goaltenders of our generation because we have an unproven ginger potato eater on the bench who might be as good as him someday? Not to mention we will get considerably less for the proven commodity than we would for the potato eater?
Why would we get more for the potato eater if the proven commodity is the better player? Makes no sense.

alternate is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:26 PM
  #984
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Losses are still losses and it seems silly we're going to ship out a franchise netminder who completely turned this team around based on a five game series. Especially when Lu took this team within a game of the Cup.
You think it's all based on one 5 game series? You don't think age, contract and his desire to move on have anything to do with it?

Canucker is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:27 PM
  #985
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
Why would we get more for the potato eater if the proven commodity is the better player? Makes no sense.
I'm just going by the buzz. It makes no sense to me either but apparently people think Schneider could get a bigger return than Luongo.

Balls Mahoney is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:29 PM
  #986
alternate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
I'm just going by the buzz. It makes no sense to me either but apparently people think Schneider could get a bigger return than Luongo.
Maybe that says something about who they think is the superior goalie?

alternate is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:29 PM
  #987
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
You think it's all based on one 5 game series? You don't think age, contract and his desire to move on have anything to do with it?
I'm just going by your example. Personally if we factor age, contract and desire into it I think we should stick with Lu as he's still got a couple of elite years in him, his contract means he'll be here for the rest of his career and we don't know if Lu wants to move on or not but he has been one of the most committed to this team and city in the past.

Balls Mahoney is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:30 PM
  #988
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
Maybe that says something about who they think is the superior goalie?
Or who would fit better into their team as a young unestablished potato eater on a smaller contract would probably fit better into a new system than a franchise netminder with a big contract.

Balls Mahoney is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:32 PM
  #989
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
I'm just going by your example. Personally if we factor age, contract and desire into it I think we should stick with Lu as he's still got a couple of elite years in him, his contract means he'll be here for the rest of his career and we don't know if Lu wants to move on or not but he has been one of the most committed to this team and city in the past.

Scurr is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:33 PM
  #990
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Proof?

Balls Mahoney is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:33 PM
  #991
alternate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Or who would fit better into their team as a young unestablished potato eater on a smaller contract would probably fit better into a new system than a franchise netminder with a big contract.
so they'll pay more for the inferior netminder because he's the better fit? Sure.

alternate is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:34 PM
  #992
Butch 19
King me
 
Butch 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A. suburb
Country: United States
Posts: 8,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
I'm just going by the buzz. It makes no sense to me either but apparently people think Schneider could get a bigger return than Luongo.
considering age and contract, Schneider could be worth more.

Hypothetically, if you HAD to trade one, would you trade Schneider? I wouldn't.

Butch 19 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:34 PM
  #993
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
so they'll pay more for the inferior netminder because he's the better fit? Sure.
How does that not make sense?

Balls Mahoney is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:35 PM
  #994
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
considering age and contract, Schneider could be worth more.

Hypothetically, if you HAD to trade one, would you trade Schneider? I wouldn't.
Absolutely I would trade Schneider. We get to keep a franchise netminder plus add two or three prominent assets? Hell yeah.

Balls Mahoney is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:36 PM
  #995
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Proof?
There is no hard proof but all the evidence points to it...I believe it's only those in denial that think he really wants to stay long term.

Canucker is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:37 PM
  #996
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Proof?
Oh I don't know... when he said "It's time to move on"?

I thought you were joking.

Scurr is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:39 PM
  #997
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
There is no hard proof but all the evidence points to it...I believe it's only those in denial that think he really wants to stay long term.
From my information Luongo has said whatever the organization wants to do is fine with him however I think if the 'Nucks traded the potato eater and reaffirmed their loyalty to him, he'd stay and be a great Canuck until the end of his career.

All of this is just my opinion though.

Balls Mahoney is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:41 PM
  #998
alternate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
How does that not make sense?
It doesn't make sense to pay more for the player you feel is inferior.

There's a reason NHL GMs--including Mike Gillis--would rather have Schneider than Luongo. Just accept it, Schneider is staying. It's not even worth discussing anymore, it's set in stone.

alternate is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:42 PM
  #999
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!
 
Balls Mahoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: +7 495 695-37-76
Country: United States
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
It doesn't make sense to pay more for the player you feel is inferior.

There's a reason NHL GMs--including Mike Gillis--would rather have Schneider than Luongo. Just accept it, Schneider is staying. It's not even worth discussing anymore, it's set in stone.
And yet they're both still here and there's no buzz that one of them is moving.

Balls Mahoney is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:43 PM
  #1000
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
From my information Luongo has said whatever the organization wants to do is fine with him however I think if the 'Nucks traded the potato eater and reaffirmed their loyalty to him, he'd stay and be a great Canuck until the end of his career.

All of this is just my opinion though.
I personally think he's had enough of some of the more idiotic elements of our fanbase and I think he's had enough of AV (only my personal opinion). I think he wants out but he's being the consummate professional about it.

Canucker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.