HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Ryan Johansen

Old
01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I'd rather have Letestu in the lineup against Nashville. We'll see Joey opening night.
Fixed it for you. He hates the Ryjo moniker. Team calls him Joey. FWIW

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

one of his best friends refers to him as Yoey on twitter...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:26 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Puckrakers guesses Johansen will be scratched tomorrow in favor of Letestu.

If it is going to be like this, send him down.
I agree. I talked about this on twitter. I would rather he be in the AHL if they are going to do this to him again this year. He should be playing every game he can.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ103 View Post
Agreed. The season hasn't even started. Even with an abbreviated training camp the resident "opinion police" are in midseason form.
Totally agree. Seems to be a lot of fuss over an opinion that it might be too soon to make a fuss over how much Johansen is going to play based on speculation. All of a sudden, it's not OK to have an opinion. Sheesh, I know right?

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 01-18-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:49 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
I'd rather have Letestu in the lineup against Nashville. We'll see RyJo opening night.
If he cant play against every team in the NHL, we made a bad decision with the 4th pick in the draft. Not a big deal if it was a 2nd rounder or later pick, but expectations are high when youre that high of a pick

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Knew it was a bad pick on draft day, nothing has happened to say otherwise. Wasted draft choice. I hate it when I'm right.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Knew it was a bad pick on draft day, nothing has happened to say otherwise. Wasted draft choice. I hate it when I'm right.
Who would you have rather had? Niederreiter, Connolly, and Burmistrov aren't doing much better. Maybe Fowler or Skinner but I think they would be struggling mightily on our team as well.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 06:42 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Fixed it for you. He hates the Ryjo moniker. Team calls him Joey. FWIW
Learn something new every day. Thanks for the head's up.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 06:44 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
If he cant play against every team in the NHL, we made a bad decision with the 4th pick in the draft. Not a big deal if it was a 2nd rounder or later pick, but expectations are high when youre that high of a pick
You know what? I really can't argue with that.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:52 PM
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!

Agree with all the pro-Joey faction! It's time to play him 12-15 minutes a night and see what he can do. Continue to play him on the 4th line, with minimal minutes, and he will fail. He is not a 4th line player! Give him a chance and I think we'll see 20-25 pts from him this year.

bester vaive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Disappointed they didn't send him down, I don't want this kid to be subject to Todd Richards coaching, that is the last thing he needs for his career. The CBJ Head coach is a joke, his firing won't come soon enough when it happens after this season.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Its one thing to play him and say yea look he cant compete. Its a whole other story when he hasnt had the chance. I didnt know a prospects turnout was determined in his second pro season. Lets give him a chance shall we?

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:18 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Can we make clear right now how soon "going to be like this" can be established? My suggestion, and call me crazy, would be to actually wait for it to happen in reality at least once.
Come on now, we all know if HFCBJ is about one thing, it's about developing an opinion and sticking to it hell or high water regardless of reality.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:19 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Come on now, we all know if HFCBJ is about one thing, it's about developing an opinion and sticking to it hell or high water regardless of reality.
...and to cherry pick only the facts that backup the conclusion you've already reached! (while ignoring the rest)

Old
01-18-2013, 07:20 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
In the old days you argued/discussed sports over a beer or at work. Intellectual arguments rarely reared their ugly heads. I am so sick of all this bs of people telling us we shouldn't predict, speculate, hypothesize,etc. that I can't wait for the games to start so we will all know the facts and can be accepted as knowledgeable fans. All of the guessing, etc is part of the fun. Give me the old days anytime.
Guessing, debating is fun and that kind of discourse is what message boards are about. Drawing conclusions and getting hot and bothered over said guesses is where it gets kind of silly. IMO, anyway.

Report that he *might* get scratched, and all of a sudden he's missing dozens of games and being developed improperly...jeebus, it just seems like we're getting carried away here, reacting to such a small snippet of news with no real knowledge of what will happen. I don't think it's 'policing' to suggest that maybe we wait and see what happens this time tomorrow before getting lathered up.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
If you hate it when you're right, you'll REALLY hate it when I'm right. And since you're on the opposite side of this than I am, it'll be a fun time...for one of us anyway.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
And to valiantly defend the worst franchise in the NHL against a group of blood thirsty ne'er do-wellers.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:32 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
And to valiantly defend the worst franchise in the NHL against a group of blood thirsty ne'er do-wellers.
Otherwise known as Canadians.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:38 PM
JacketsFanWest

Johansen doesn't belong on the 3rd line if that's going to be a shut-down line. Letestu is better suited for that role.

I don't have a problem with Johansen on the 4th line, but I'm sure everyone else would overreact to seeing him listed there.

In a shortened season like this with little time between games, teams that can roll 4 lines will have an advantage. The 4th line should get 10-13 min a game.

But the 4th line can't play those types of minutes with Boll and Gillies. Calvert-Johansen-Mackenzie might work, depending on how Calvert does. It can't just be an energy line. It needs to be essentially the third 2nd line.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:40 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Calvert - Johansen - Atkinson would be an excellent line - especially at the start of the season.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:54 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
Johansen doesn't belong on the 3rd line if that's going to be a shut-down line. Letestu is better suited for that role.

I don't have a problem with Johansen on the 4th line, but I'm sure everyone else would overreact to seeing him listed there.

In a shortened season like this with little time between games, teams that can roll 4 lines will have an advantage. The 4th line should get 10-13 min a game.

But the 4th line can't play those types of minutes with Boll and Gillies. Calvert-Johansen-Mackenzie might work, depending on how Calvert does. It can't just be an energy line. It needs to be essentially the third 2nd line.
So, you don't think playing with Foligno and Prospal would help him? IMO, that is probably 2 of the best players he could be on a line with. I would add Atkinson to that list too.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Robert
BOB

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Please stop typing Richardson when you mean Richards. I know it's hard to stop those flying fingers when they're on a roll, but please try.
Got it... getting mixed up with past players, sorry to irritate you but at you're age I'd think you would know it was not an intended error and be a tad more courteous.

Last edited by SuperGenius: 01-19-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:00 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Nope just kvetching about not being able to speculate, hypothesize, and all around strike up conversation when there are no games bc posters keep calling them out on it because its "premature." I say do whatever the hell you want. People need to stop telling other posters what they can and cant do bc its unintelligent in there eyes. Its a ****ing message board, this is where overspeculation, hyperbole, and all those other fun things are meant to be stressed out about .
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
No.Intelligent arguments are very good; what I'm annoyed with is the constant "why don't we wait and see what happens" bs. Obviously we will know what happens when it does but without the speculation, what ifs, I thinks, predictions, etc. this place would be very boring. Just gripes my ass that there is a crowd here that just automatically dismisses someone's opinion with a "why don't we wait" retort. That's all.
Wait for it... wait for it...

Quote:
...and this sort of thing would be why I object to jumping to conclusions early. Because if you don't challenge them at the time, then they become Immutable Facts and impossible to discuss.

That y'all have an opinion on the treatment of Johansen is fine. I do not object to the discussion of same. However, presuming that this is going to be an issue pretty early on is a little bit silly.

Imagine if, for example, I said something like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Viqsi
Should we start looking into trading for Iginla at the deadline? We should be in the playoff race at that point and he could really help.
That Iginla could help a playoff race for the Jackets is a valid opinion. However, it presumes the existence of a playoff race, which is by no means guaranteed and whose presumption is based largely on Fake Me's own rampant optimism.

See where I'm getting with this?

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." --Sherlock Holmes

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Otherwise known as Canadians.
Now, now, be nice. There's jerks on this side of the border too.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:08 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Now, now, be nice. There's jerks on this side of the border too.
Ok, Ok, you're right. Canadians AND Detroiters.