HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dmitri Jaskin - Signed to 3 year deal by Blues

Old
01-18-2013, 01:12 AM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyIdeas View Post
Any video highlights recently?

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 06:36 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Rattie is 3rd in the WHL. Binnington is 4th in the OHL.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:32 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jaskin had another 4 points tonight as the Wildcats doubled the Screaming Eagles 6-3. That makes 13 points in 3 game since returning from the WJC ! Pretty good chance he'll pick up the CHL player of the week and the QMJHL 1st star

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Quote:
Jaskin had another 4 points tonight as the Wildcats doubled the Screaming Eagles 6-3. That makes 13 points in 3 game since returning from the WJC ! Pretty good chance he'll pick up the CHL player of the week and the QMJHL 1st star
Holy Jebus! That's insane.

I am really surprised at how well he has transitioned to juniors. Granted he came directly from the Czech pro leagues, but I cant imagine that anyone would have forseen this type of production out of him.

Ive never seen him play. Has anyone here seen Jaskin play enough to get a read whether or not he could take the next big step to the NHL?

Last edited by Meatwagon: 01-19-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Novacain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post

I am really surprised at how well he has transitioned to juniors. Granted he came directly from Czech pro leagues, but I cant imagine that anyone would have seen this type of production out of him.

Ive never seen him play. Has anyone here seen Jaskin play enough to get a read whether or not he could take the next big step to NHL?
I haven't seen him myself, but the consensus has been that he should transition well. His upside is hard to pin down though, but it looks like a scoring line RW Power Foward

Novacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:09 AM
stlweir

Go back and read WildcatMapleleafs take on Jaskin. He shoots left, plays a power forward game, likes to bang.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:12 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post

I am really surprised at how well he has transitioned to juniors. Granted he came directly from the Czech pro leagues, but I cant imagine that anyone would have forseen this type of production out of him.

Ive never seen him play. Has anyone here seen Jaskin play enough to get a read whether or not he could take the next big step to the NHL?
Nobody can say for certain that his game will translate well, but he has all the tools. He's not the quickest skater, but it's not that bad and it will continue to get better I would imagine. He's also got size, which is something you can't really teach. He's got good hands for a big man, and he uses his body to shield the puck extremely well. Everything points to him being able to make it, but you just don't know until you get him in some pro games.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:11 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Nobody can say for certain that his game will translate well, but he has all the tools. He's not the quickest skater, but it's not that bad and it will continue to get better I would imagine. He's also got size, which is something you can't really teach. He's got good hands for a big man, and he uses his body to shield the puck extremely well. Everything points to him being able to make it, but you just don't know until you get him in some pro games.
I've seen tonnes of prospects play that go no where at the pro level. That isn't the case with Jaskin. He's elite company that will surely impact at the pro level as well. He can do everything and dosn't have any weaknesses that will hold him back. He'll be in the NHL , probably after an AHL season ..

Old
01-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
13 points in 3 games... woah

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

I was really impressed with his play in the WJC. He's definitely got an NHL tool set, and size.

Mr Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Is Jaskin a better prospect than Rattie?

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:15 PM
tfriede2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I say yes. But that may depend on one's definition of "better prospect". Rattie appears to be a pure sniper. If he's not sniping, does he have a place on a team? Jaskin has size, physicality, can score, and he makes plays. If he's not scoring, does he have a place on a team? I think so. Rattie may have the edge on goal scoring potential, but I think Jaskin can be an NHL player without scoring a lot of goals. I'm not sure that's the case with Rattie.

tfriede2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Jaškin is the "safer" prospect because he is already playing an "NHL style" game and dominating with it. He is obviously a very talented kid, but the reason he is putting up so many points is because he knows how to effectively use his size. That will translate to the NHL, but the edge that it gives him obviously becomes massively smaller.

The issue with Rattie won't go away until he is in the NHL and showing what he can do... he is "only" 5'10" and 175 and isn't lightning fast. That scares the crap out of scouts. I think it is unfair to label him just purely as a sniper, he does have more to his game and doesn't hide on the ice. If he can keep his elusive quality all the way to the NHL, then his points ceiling is certainly higher than that of Jaškin.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
I think Rattie is better. I really think this kid is special, I can see him putting 25-30 goals up each season.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:53 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
I've seen both play several times and yes, Jaskin is ,without a doubt, a better prospect than Rattie. That's not taking anything away from Rattie who is a great hockey player but Jaskin has all the tools , smarts,skill, size and strength to develop into a top six NHL forward in the near future. His transition to the pro game with be much smoother than that of Rattie's.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
I've seen both play several times and yes, Jaskin is ,without a doubt, a better prospect than Rattie. That's not taking anything away from Rattie who is a great hockey player but Jaskin has all the tools , smarts,skill, size and strength to develop into a top six NHL forward in the near future. His transition to the pro game with be much smoother than that of Rattie's.
I agree that Jaskin has the better all around game, and better body. But I'd keep both around until we see what they do on The NHL level. Rattie should fill out to 190-195, or, possibly 200lb., with strength. He seems to be a natural goal scorer. He can learn to play defence, and will not be so small as to be an automatic liability on defence.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:47 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Jaškin is the "safer" prospect because he is already playing an "NHL style" game and dominating with it. He is obviously a very talented kid, but the reason he is putting up so many points is because he knows how to effectively use his size. That will translate to the NHL, but the edge that it gives him obviously becomes massively smaller.

The issue with Rattie won't go away until he is in the NHL and showing what he can do... he is "only" 5'10" and 175 and isn't lightning fast. That scares the crap out of scouts. I think it is unfair to label him just purely as a sniper, he does have more to his game and doesn't hide on the ice. If he can keep his elusive quality all the way to the NHL, then his points ceiling is certainly higher than that of Jaškin.
Rattie is 6'. He's on the lighter side at the moment but he's fully aware of needing to get more bulk, and at just under age 20 he has a little time to fill out. He'll probably wind up playing in the NHL at 6' 195 or so, which isn't bad. He'll be bigger than Schwartz.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:10 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I think Rattie is a 'better' prospect only in the sense that he's more likely to play in the NHL. I think Jaskin is the better player, but I doubt we ever see him the Bluenote. (No, no special info other than the public knowledge, just my gut feeling.)

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Rattie is 6'. He's on the lighter side at the moment but he's fully aware of needing to get more bulk, and at just under age 20 he has a little time to fill out. He'll probably wind up playing in the NHL at 6' 195 or so, which isn't bad. He'll be bigger than Schwartz.
You are right, he is even listed as 6'1" in some places. I'm surprised by that, because he doesn't look that tall on the ice.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:03 PM
STL fan in IA

Jaskin has had a heck of a season and I'd say he's certainly right up there with Rattie right now but Rattie is still a heck of a sniper. As has already been said, Rattie is 6'0", not 5'10" and probably currently weighs somewhere around 180 lbs. He was around 165 lbs when he was drafted and while he needs to continue to put on muscle, I think he should be fine in that regard by the time he's ready to contribute in the NHL. Rattie should end up with a frame similar to Perron's. Not big but plenty big enough to handle himself and do his thing.

That said, Jaskin has really come on this season and should rocket up our prospect rankings...and I would perhaps put him one spot higher than Rattie right now. They're hard to compare though since they play such different games. Rattie probably has the better shot but Jaskin, with his size, is probably a safer and more projectable prospect at this point.

The best part of this discussion on which is better? The Blues have both.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
The best part of this discussion on which is better? The Blues have both.
The crazy thing is that the roster is currently stacked, and there's more top-end talent in the pipeline. Most teams have a hard time forming two scoring lines...the Blues could conceivably be one year away from having 4 scoring lines and a slew of role-players.

It's crazy to think that the Blues were run for decades by trading picks for veterans and reloading through free-agency. You'd almost never have a home-grown prospect crack the roster. Now, it's the norm to build from within with high-end talent. Makes you think 'what could have been' had the Blues focused on scouting and develpment in 1990 rather than waiting until 2003 to do so.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:42 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
The crazy thing is that the roster is currently stacked, and there's more top-end talent in the pipeline. Most teams have a hard time forming two scoring lines...the Blues could conceivably be one year away from having 4 scoring lines and a slew of role-players.

It's crazy to think that the Blues were run for decades by trading picks for veterans and reloading through free-agency. You'd almost never have a home-grown prospect crack the roster. Now, it's the norm to build from within with high-end talent. Makes you think 'what could have been' had the Blues focused on scouting and develpment in 1990 rather than waiting until 2003 to do so.
This.

Change 1990 to 1970 also.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
stlweir

Jaskin an assist today. He's human.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Jaskin an assist today. He's human.
He probably caught a bullet mid air and saved a life before the game

ManyIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:12 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
Makes you think 'what could have been' had the Blues focused on scouting and develpment in 1990 rather than waiting until 2003 to do so.
Add in more stable ownership to actually KEEP these players around (both drafted and acquired) and it hurts to think about what could have been, when you consider all the Blues drafted talent from that period.

On the home-grown side, Brind'Amour, Gilmour, Mullen, Emerson, Hedican, Ronning and Joseph added with the likes of acquisitions such as Hull, Oates, Stevens, Brown, Janney, Shanahan, Pronger and Fuhr?

Last edited by illninofan*: 01-20-2013 at 10:20 PM.
illninofan* is offline   Reply With Quote