HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Mk III - Unsigned Edition

View Poll Results: Who should break first
Bergevin 61 25.00%
Subban 183 75.00%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 10:36 PM
  #626
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Every other GM can re-sign their D except ours. Awesome.

gusfring is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:37 PM
  #627
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,469
vCash: 500
If someone could do this with a Subban image that would be cool.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:37 PM
  #628
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He also proved he can be a #1D on a slightly above average team that pushed the SC winners to game 7 OT.
reaching lol

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:39 PM
  #629
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Every other GM can re-sign their D except ours. Awesome.
did you look at the salary those D agreed to ?

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:40 PM
  #630
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 54,589
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Is PK worth more than the 6 year 30 million extension Edler just signed with the Canucks?
Well you are comparing RFA vs UFA...I'd give P.K. that contract though, without any hesitation. Only 500 K more per year than Pacioretty's deal.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:40 PM
  #631
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
did you look at the salary those D agreed to ?
Yes. Your point?

gusfring is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:41 PM
  #632
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Yes. Your point?
pretty sure if PK was ok with a salary like MDZ got, he'd be signed by now.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:42 PM
  #633
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
reaching lol
Who was better than Subban in 2011? Gorges was injured and Hamrlik was exhausted. The Wiz?

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:45 PM
  #634
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Who was better than Subban in 2011? Gorges was injured and Hamrlik was exhausted. The Wiz?
I'll help you understand what I mean by reaching : Subban was the #1 D on a shightly above average team that let a 2-0 lead slip.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:45 PM
  #635
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
pretty sure if PK was ok with a salary like MDZ got, he'd be signed by now.
Edler locked up long term as well.

gusfring is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:46 PM
  #636
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Every other GM can re-sign their D except ours. Awesome.
Well if PK's agent is asking for a 5-8 year deal @ 6 -6.5 million a season Bergevin has my full support to say No!

I LOVE PK as much as the next Habs fan, but if PK really loves the Habs and wants to stay he should tell his agent that he should respect the team's philosophy. Take the bridge contract just like Price did who is even more valueable to the team!

2-3 years at 4 -5 million dollars per year and show you're an elite Dman, then go get your long term payday

nyhabsfan is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:46 PM
  #637
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Well you are comparing RFA vs UFA...I'd give P.K. that contract though, without any hesitation. Only 500 K more per year than Pacioretty's deal.
Yeah I know. Just surprised Edler signed that deal since he held way more leverage than what PK does since he could have walked at seasons end as a UFA. I guess he really wanted to stay in Vancouver.

sheed36 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:47 PM
  #638
Keep Your Head Up
Registered User
 
Keep Your Head Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Québec city
Country: Canada
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19 View Post
I don't want to speculate on rumours and offers and opinions and all that, so I'll just focus on what I know.

Here's what I know:

I know PK Subban had a ton of ice time on a team which finished dead last in the east.

I know PK Subban has put up 38 and 36 point seasons, and with a whopping 14 career powerplay points. He also has 1 season with a positive plus minus.

I know I want him signed, what I don't know is if the above stats qualify him to bypass his bridge contract and thus qualify him as an elite player right now.
Extremely well said.

Keep Your Head Up is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:47 PM
  #639
Garry Valk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,824
vCash: 500
Edler at 30 over 6 has to help sort this out, no?

Garry Valk is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:52 PM
  #640
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 17,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
pretty sure if PK was ok with a salary like MDZ got, he'd be signed by now.
Pretty sure MDZ is not a comparable for Subban so PK would be silly to accept such a ridiculous deal.

Des Louise is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:55 PM
  #641
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Markov has always been overrated by Montreal fans. I'm just going to leave it at that and let others continue the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Subban is in his early 20s dude... He's going to improve.

Watching him now, I think he has the chance to become a HOFer. Markov was never that good. Maybe I'm expecting too much from him but I really think PK is going to be a great blueliner. So much talent there.
I am just going to leave this here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
The point in that post is that whenever people say "Well you're just an armchair GM!", it undercuts the point of these boards and threads. That questioning Gainey's move for Gomez should be ridiculous since he's an actual GM and we're just armchair GMs.
Gainey was shown to be incompetent before the gomez trade and AFAIK we are giving Bergevin the benefit of the doubt here.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:58 PM
  #642
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pominville, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,899
vCash: 50
Can't believe that we're going in the first game in nearly 9 months and that PK Subban still hasn't signed a contract. The only reason this is happening has to be because he's asking for way much more than what MB is willing to give him. I know Marc Bergevin won't flinch he's here to not repeat the mistakes of the previous administrations. If PK doesn't give in he'll have to find himself a new team and he won't get to play for the habs because he can't bear to lose 1 million $ a year.

Alexdaman is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:01 PM
  #643
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,602
vCash: 500
Surely PK as an RFA isn't worth more than Alex Edler and mostly UFA years. He just re-upped for 6 years @ $5M per.

Like I said earlier, I wish they'd just sign a 1-year deal worth $4M and worry about the the long-term thing during the off-season. PK can prove himself over the 45-games he plays this season.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:01 PM
  #644
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Can't believe that we're going in the first game in nearly 9 months and that PK Subban still hasn't signed a contract. The only reason this is happening has to be because he's asking for way much more than what MB is willing to give him. I know Marc Bergevin won't flinch he's here to not repeat the mistakes of the previous administrations. If PK doesn't give in he'll have to find himself a new team and he won't get to play for the habs because he can't bear to lose a million and a half $ a year.
The previous administration's biggest weakness wasn't giving out contracts (we've had some bad ones, but the only laughable one was from a trade in Gomez), it was poor use and development of our prospect, and trading them for "character" vets in quick-fix situations. Refusing to give a long term contract to our best U-25 player looks like more of the same to me.

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:03 PM
  #645
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Surely PK as an RFA isn't worth more than Alex Edler and mostly UFA years. He just re-upped for 6 years @ $5M per.

Like I said earlier, I wish they'd just sign a 1-year deal worth $4M and worry about the the long-term thing during the off-season. PK can prove himself over the 45-games he plays this season.
Isn't Edlers new deal all UFA years since it's an extension which kicks in next season.

sheed36 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:03 PM
  #646
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Pretty sure MDZ is not a comparable for Subban so PK would be silly to accept such a ridiculous deal.
why's that ?

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:04 PM
  #647
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Isn't Edlers new deal all UFA years since it's an extension which kicks in next season.
Yup, you're right. I thought he was 25. Good call.

So Edler's UFA years go for $5M. No way Bergy gives anything more than that for RFA years.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:08 PM
  #648
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I'll help you understand what I mean by reaching : Subban was the #1 D on a shightly above average team that let a 2-0 lead slip.
He was a rookie fro ****s sake. The fact we are even discussing whether he was a #1 D as rookie says more than any argument you can make...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:10 PM
  #649
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
why's that ?
Because Subban is significantly better.

overlords is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:11 PM
  #650
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
He was a rookie fro ****s sake. The fact we are even discussing whether he was a #1 D as rookie says more than any argument you can make...
I know. Still reaching. Him being 20, 21 or 22 doesnt make him any better than he really is though.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.