HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Erik Gudbranson to Ottawa

Old
01-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Domino11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spylo View Post
You're right. But Gudbranson plus a 1st rounder in a deep draft is better than a not signed Subban. That 1st rounder alone could turn into something special. Gudbranson also has the potential to be a force for the Habs. With 2 first round picks and 3 second rounders in this years draft I'm really think the Habs could make a huge upgrade. Wether they draft 5 top 60 prospects or trade a couple of them to move up in the draft.
I agree with u but unless the 1 round is in the top 15 I wouldn't do it ... Even do it a deep draft !! It a good deal but not for me .. I rather have pk !! That why I offer Beaulieu cause he as a lot of value ! Beaulieu would be a great fit for Florida .. He could replace Campbell in 1-2 years ! Leblanc is a good prospect that good be add right now to the roster maybe on the third line !! I would love to have a tinordi - gudbranson duo , the not way for me to send subban to Florida it would be for huberdeau cause I love this kid ... It my personal opinion

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:05 AM
edmonton_ice

No Deal

I can't see Florida making this deal. Cornerstone for this Franchise. Great Young D-men are not very common.

edmonton_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:18 AM
topshelf15

Yeah Gubrandson is young building block defenseman on a rebuilding team ,they wont be moving him soon

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Dionysus

Not realistic. Gudbranson is the type of guy who doesn't get moved unless something goes way wrong in his development. Which hasn't happened.

Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:50 AM
hockeywoot

You'd really have to overpay to get Gudbranson.

hockeywoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:52 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

I hate threads when 90% of people have only seen their own player.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:01 AM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

Ottawa fans, what would you take for Cowen? If the answer is anything less than what it would take to get Gudbranson, you have answered incorrectly. You can't have something nice without paying for it and I think Florida has high hopes for this kid.

SlapJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:39 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Well Gudbranson is certainly better right now, and I'm fairly certain he has the higher potential as well. So no.
Cowen is injured
Based off what? the fact cowen is out for the season?

Last season cowen had a much better year and it's not debatable.

Edit: I see that the only reason you said gud is because cow is injured.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:42 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I'm curious though if you actually watched any of Gudbranson playing on that 3rd place team? At the start of the yr, he struggled to adjust to the pro game so they limited his mins quite a bit (even got to be a healthy scratch a few games to help with perspective). As the season went on, he got better and better. When Garrison was out with an injury for 5 games, Gudbranson stepped into his spot on the top pairing with Campbell. The kid didnt look out of place at all and continued to show more and more down the stretch and in the playoffs. Stats only tell 1 piece of the puzzle...gotta actually watch the games to know what a player is worth.

And I'm asking this honestly (mostly to the OP), what is the motivation that the Panthers trade Gudbranson? Every indication is they love the kid and probably figure he's a future captain. He's a right-handed d-man which is rare, has a booming shot, continues to improve offensively, plays a physical style and keeps getting bigger. Unless you offer a massive overpayment that most Sens fans would not agree to, there's not much that makes sense in this discussion.
So what you're saying is cowen is all of the above, PLUS with better stats? i'll take him then!

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
So what you're saying is cowen is all of the above, PLUS with better stats? i'll take him then!
No, not what he said...and no one has a choice on who takes what. Both will be with their teams for some time. Great post

01-18-2013, 10:08 PM
inthewings

The only thing Florida really needs that we have is a Center to play behind Weiss. Maybe something like Turris and Methot? Probably opens up too big a hole for Ottawa.

inthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:27 PM
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast

This reminds me of huberdeau and montreal threads. Not going to happen.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:33 PM
SpezDispenser

A lot of hot air in this thread lol

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
A lot of hot air in this thread lol
Yup lol

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Kezia
egg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
The only thing Florida really needs that we have is a Center to play behind Weiss. Maybe something like Turris and Methot? Probably opens up too big a hole for Ottawa.
I wouldn't trade Turris alone for Gudbranson

Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:06 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I'm curious though if you actually watched any of Gudbranson playing on that 3rd place team? At the start of the yr, he struggled to adjust to the pro game so they limited his mins quite a bit (even got to be a healthy scratch a few games to help with perspective). As the season went on, he got better and better. When Garrison was out with an injury for 5 games, Gudbranson stepped into his spot on the top pairing with Campbell. The kid didnt look out of place at all and continued to show more and more down the stretch and in the playoffs. Stats only tell 1 piece of the puzzle...gotta actually watch the games to know what a player is worth.

And I'm asking this honestly (mostly to the OP), what is the motivation that the Panthers trade Gudbranson? Every indication is they love the kid and probably figure he's a future captain. He's a right-handed d-man which is rare, has a booming shot, continues to improve offensively, plays a physical style and keeps getting bigger. Unless you offer a massive overpayment that most Sens fans would not agree to, there's not much that makes sense in this discussion.
Technically I don't think I've seen him play as the 3rd place team(semantics), but I've caught Florida on center ice for at least a few games last season. Nothing really stood out at all. Had to look for the guy. Wasn't really given much ice time either, though so that didnt help matters. Sorry, I didnt catch those five games, and that is too small of a sample size to be very relevant.

I dont see how playing ok with Brian Campbell for 5 games makes him worth much more. Again, I'm not debating his value and his upside, I've said straight up, there is NO WAY IN HELL I'D PAY THAT PRICE. I don't see how this is so difficult to understand. I said if Florida wants to basically give him away, that would be a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Amen. It would take Turris+Methot, or Silfverberg+1st, I would think. I wouldnt do either player for Gudbranson, to begin with, let alone adding onto it.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagrbombs View Post
I'd love him on the Sens, but I'd also add Cowen, Silfverberg and Lehner to the untouchables list... and at that point I HIGHLY doubt there would be a deal to be made.

we'll take your nr1 d-prospect, but you cant have anything from us thats good... youre right, without any of those pieces, a deal cannot be reached

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:54 AM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

You would probably have to send Cowen

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:11 AM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
neither would anyone else

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Kezia
egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
neither would anyone else
Yup. 2nd line center > bottom pairing dman with 2nd pairing potential

Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Well then there is nothing to worry about because there is not a chance in hell the Panthers would deal Gudbranson for Kyle Turris.

Close thread.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:10 PM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
If you think Kyle Turris is a second line center then you are out of this world.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:13 PM
TieClark

Gudbranson would be better than every D on the Sens not named Karlsson... the undervaluing of him is ridiculous

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:14 PM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Gudbranson would be better than every D on the Sens not named Karlsson... the undervaluing of him is ridiculous
Honestly I think Gudbranson plays D better.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
He's not going anywhere. He improved greatly during the season, and was great in the playoffs.
I think a lot of folks who are slagging Gudbranson's rookie season don't realize this. Most of his struggles were early on. He improved a lot as the season went on, and his coaching staff's confidence in him rose as well, giving him more ice time as the season went on.

Another thing folks forget is Gudbranson could have still been playing junior hockey last season. It's not like he was 21 or 22 years old. Yet he handled himself as a 19 year old defenseman pretty well in the playoffs.

Hopefully the shoulder injury doesn't set him back. If it doesn't, I think people will be seeing his true value within the next couple of seasons.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote