HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Talk PART V

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2013, 07:06 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMputt View Post
And how about if Snow can somehow convince Anders Lee to sign on for the end of the Sound Tigers season once ND is finished playing hockey. Now that would be fun to watch!!
After we sign Strome and Anders Lee, we can convince Scott Mayfield to leave the Univ of Denver, convince Ville Pokka to come to North America and join Bridgeport, then sign all the junior prospects along with Strome that are AHL eligible at the end of this OHL season..... That would be Kichton, Pedan and Pelech (not sure of the eligibility of Pedan andPelech)........ Wow!! Start clearing some space in Bridgeport....

Old
01-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Degeneration Rex

Friday

Belleville 7, Niagara 2=Strome 1 goal (23), even, Graham, -2.
Sarnia 7, Erie 6-Pelech, 2 assists, even.
Guelph 6, Ottawa 0-Pedan, 1 goal (11), + 1.
Sudbury 3, Barrie 2 (SO)-Theoret, even.
Medicine Hat 2, Edmonton 1-Reinhart, even.
Kelowna 4, Spokane 2-Kichton, 1 goal (15), -2.
Alaska-Fairbainks 5, Notre Dame 4-Lee, 1 goal (13), 2 assists, + 2, Russo, -1.
St. Cloud State 5, Denver 2-Mayfield, 1 assist, -1.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 01-19-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old
01-18-2013, 10:41 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Strome was named Captain of Niagara today.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:08 PM
LotteryForLife*

Reinhart is looking like the biggest bust in years. What a nightmare. Time to get rid of Snow.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:13 PM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
Reinhart is looking like the biggest bust in years. What a nightmare. Time to get rid of Snow.
Did you miss the or was the sarcasm supposed to be implied?

Old
01-18-2013, 11:14 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Are you being serious? We drafted this kid like 6 months ago and is still very highly regarded.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:16 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Not to mention the kid was shutting down Tavares two nights ago.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:17 PM
frankieboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Are you being serious? We drafted this kid like 6 months ago and is still very highly regarded.
I think he was being sarcastic...I hope.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:45 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
Thank you much for this specific answer, but even more so for all the videos and info you've been posting in this thread the past few weeks or so. I haven't gotten around to checking out the videos (except for that one of Pedan making that sick move near the blue line). Can you provide your youtube link once again? I'd like to take a look at a bunch of the videos when I have a bit of time.

Will Pelech and Pedan be eligible for Bridgeport next season or maybe even at the end of this season for the playoff stretch?? I am assuming Kichton will be signed as well. By the end of this year or beginning of next year, I believe Pedan, Pelech and Kichton will be in Bridgeport. Considering De Haan, Donovan, Ness, Landry, Wishart and now Finley are already there, spots on the blue line will be getting tight in Bridgeport very soon. It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if Mayfield is signed after this NCAA season and sent to Bridgeport as well (ala Donovan several years back and Nelson last year). Then it would be REALLY crowded down there. Donovan or De Haan better make the big club soon. We're running out of spots on the blue line.
Sure no problem. http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
I'll try and update this tonight with all of tonight's highlights. I just got home, had to work out of state today.

Pelech will not be eligible for BPort this year or next year. (Well, He'll be eligible LATE next season after his Juniors season is over.

Pedan Will be eligible as soon as his Juniors season is over later this year. I expect Kichton to be signed after his season as well, as well as maybe Mayfield, but you never know.

It will be crowded I suppose but most of the dmen in Bridgeport right now are HORRIFIC, Im talking about Landry, MCIver, Cantin, Hill etc. Those guys are easy cuts. For some reason Doug Weight and the Isles seem enamored with Landry. It's comical. I'm half hoping he makes the team, so that the folks who haven't seen him play and think he's better than Donovan can get a good look at him.

I could be wrong but I think this is the last season Donovan and Ness are exempt for re-entry waivers. So Next year they will hvae to make the Isles, or risk being scooped up (like we seemingly have been scooping all week). de Haan can go back next year, and he should to prove he is recovered from injury and can stay healthy.

I'm thinking at this point the Isles are just hoping someone picks up Wishart off waivers, they are calling him up just to send him back down and expose him the waivers at this point. I actually think he's one of the better defenceman at Bridgeport at this point.... but that's not saying much. They (Isles) seem less impressed. The Landry love affair continues.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:40 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Friday

Belleville 7, Niagara 2=Strome 1 goal (23), even, Graham, -2.
Sarnia 7, Erie 6-Pelech, 2 assists, even.
Guelph 6, Ottawa 0-Pedan, 1 goal (11), + 1.
Sudbury 3, Barrie 2 (SO)-Theoret, even.
Medicine Hat 2, Edmonton 1-Reinhart, even.
Alaska-Fairbainks 5, Notre Dame 4-Lee, 1 goal (13), 2 assists, + 2, Russo, -1.
St. Cloud State 5, Denver 2-Mayfield, 1 assist, -1.

More to Come.

This doesn't include the Brenden Kichton goal. I have uploaded that to youtube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Idw82vNhw

Brenden Kichton has a 10 game point scoring streak. In that time he has 6 goals and 9 assist for 15 points.

I uploaded the 2 Pelech assits here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osCqpZ17VMY
and here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLOxFy7jtrc

The Pedan goal was also added here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFHiiXAHsm4

This was a shift after the entire Ottawa team tried to go after Pedan. Earlier in the game Pedan fought Ottawa 67s Jacub Middleton and won handily, while Middleton was on his back, Pedan got another punch in... Ottawa did not take kindly. I will upload the fight in just a second.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:42 AM
P U L L H A R D

What do you guys think of Theoret? Should he be getting a contract sometime in the near future?

Old
01-19-2013, 01:44 AM
InformTheMasses

Here is the Andrei Pedan vs. Jacob Middleton fight tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzl2C0p5_Ng

Pedan did a nice job and stood up for a teammate that got hit hard. And while Jacob Middleton is a big kid (6'3" 210) he JUST turned 17 years old a couple weeks ago. His young age (compared to Pedan who is a veteran in OHL) combined with the late punch, riled up Ottawa and they went after him the whole game. Pedan got the last laugh with a PP goal and Guelph won 6-0.

Last edited by Homeland Security: 01-19-2013 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Embed YT
Old
01-19-2013, 01:46 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
What do you guys think of Theoret? Should he be getting a contract sometime in the near future?

YES, to be honest he has been my favorite player to watch this season. Yes he benefits from always being on a line with Ryan Strome and Now Mark Sheifele in Barrie. But he deserves it. Guy plays the Boards and corners SOOOOO well. Hard worker, good vision, defensively responsible and STRONG. I'm a fan of Theoret, would like to see him in BPort ASAP.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:49 AM
seafoam

vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
He's really broke out this year playing on Niagra's top line with Ryan Strome and Brett Ritchie. I admit I don't know much about his game but I think he proved this year he is worth a contract.

If Jason Clark could get a contract, so can Mitchell Theoret.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:07 AM
kuwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
I could be wrong but I think this is the last season Donovan and Ness are exempt for re-entry waivers. So Next year they will hvae to make the Isles, or risk being scooped up (like we seemingly have been scooping all week).
ITM, I believe both Donovan and Ness are not eligible for waivers for one more season (13/14). According the previous CBA (not sure if this changed) when a 20 years old player signs an ELC he is waivers exempt for 3 years, or until he plays 160 games in NHL.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:15 AM
Krishna

I'm sorry if you guys have gotten a lot of posts like this in the past few weeks, but sort of need some info on some of the prospects I have in keeper leagues from the islanders

Could you guys give me some info on :

Scott Mayfield
Aaron Ness

Are either of them expected to make it to the NHL this year? If so, how many games do you think they get? If not, how long until they get a chance in the NHL?

Old
01-19-2013, 02:28 AM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

I doubt we see Ness in the NHL this year considering all the waiver pickups we got. He's a solid player and played well last year so I think we could see him get a good chance to make the big club next year.

Mayfield, it's tough to tell. I think he'll get signed after this season and then will be going to Bridgeport. He will not be in the NHL for at least a couple of years.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:42 AM
seafoam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I'm sorry if you guys have gotten a lot of posts like this in the past few weeks, but sort of need some info on some of the prospects I have in keeper leagues from the islanders

Could you guys give me some info on :

Scott Mayfield
Aaron Ness

Are either of them expected to make it to the NHL this year? If so, how many games do you think they get? If not, how long until they get a chance in the NHL?
Mayfield is still at the University of Denver and will probably stay there for another year. He has top four upside but is still a ways away.

Ness is an offensive defenseman who might never see extended NHL time because of his size. If he pans out it will probably be as a bottom pairing guy capable of playing the second power play. Garth Snow's plan is to to keep the Islanders' prospects in the AHL this year where they will get more icetime and compete for a playoff spot. Unless Vis brings the plauge over from the KHL in a few weeks, I doubt Nesser sees any NHL ice this year. He's pretty low on the currently weak Islanders defensive depth chart.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:04 AM
Krishna

Thanks for the quick replies Kinglio and Seacucumber

If you guys had to drop one of them, would it be Mayfield?

Old
01-19-2013, 03:12 AM
seafoam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Thanks for the quick replies Kinglio and Seacucumber

If you guys had to drop one of them, would it be Mayfield?
Depends. Mayfield has a lot better chance at becoming a full time NHLer compared to Ness but is a few years away. Ness is in his second pro season.

And seacucumber is new.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
If Jason Clark could get a contract, so can Mitchell Theoret.
Hmmmm, that'll be an interesting statement to keep an eye on in Islanderville.

Mind you, it's a very logical equation...

Old
01-19-2013, 10:02 AM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Here's the difference.... Cizikas is ready, Strome isn't. Cizikas can slot into a role he's meant to play.... Strome can't. Thrusting Strome into a 2nd line center role at this juncture is exactly the kind of thinking that gave us the current Josh Bailey... and having him play bottom six minutes would be equally as awful (ask Nino).

There are no combination of players under Islander control right now, that would have them finish in the playoffs. So again, why set back the development of some key prospects other than to appease some impatient fans?
So no matter what the Isles will suck this year? Thanks for the heads up. Just saved me a lot of potentially wasted time.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:07 AM
BaileyToOkposo

Quote:
Note to self, do not take lotteryforlife serious

Old
01-19-2013, 11:34 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Mayfield is still at the University of Denver and will probably stay there for another year. He has top four upside but is still a ways away.

Ness is an offensive defenseman who might never see extended NHL time because of his size. If he pans out it will probably be as a bottom pairing guy capable of playing the second power play. Garth Snow's plan is to to keep the Islanders' prospects in the AHL this year where they will get more icetime and compete for a playoff spot. Unless Vis brings the plauge over from the KHL in a few weeks, I doubt Nesser sees any NHL ice this year. He's pretty low on the currently weak Islanders defensive depth chart.
Mayfield played a season of USHL before attending college. By doing so he gave himself UFA status after completion of his Junior season at Denver. For the Isles to avoid a Jason Gregoire, Blake Kessel situation, they will need to lock him up after this season. He has progressed nicely anyway. Wouldn't be out of place one bit in Bridgeport, in fact if he gets an ATO at the end of the year, he'll easily be one of their better defenders.

Ness is what he is, his size is going to limit him. Its a factor at the AHL level, so you know it is going to be very hard to overcome at the NHL level.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:03 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Mayfield played a season of USHL before attending college. By doing so he gave himself UFA status after completion of his Junior season at Denver. For the Isles to avoid a Jason Gregoire, Blake Kessel situation, they will need to lock him up after this season. He has progressed nicely anyway. Wouldn't be out of place one bit in Bridgeport, in fact if he gets an ATO at the end of the year, he'll easily be one of their better defenders.

Ness is what he is, his size is going to limit him. Its a factor at the AHL level, so you know it is going to be very hard to overcome at the NHL level.
We could potentially have both Pedan and Mayfield (and Kichton) in Bridgeport within the next couple of months for the playoff push.... And on the offensive side, both Theoret and Strome..... That would be pretty damn cool!

Closed Thread