*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 07:49 AM
ImaBullsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheramone View Post
LOL 5 pts for the overpayed for, overhyped Quine!

Love it
Seriously thou, quine really never played with that many quality players like he is now! So the 5 pts in his first game shouldn't surprise many. His game will evolve more with each game under burnett.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:23 AM
ohlnhockeynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Seriously thou, quine really never played with that many quality players like he is now! So the 5 pts in his first game shouldn't surprise many. His game will evolve more with each game under burnett.
And best part is George actually let the bulls forecheck and create opportunity, yes it has to do with the players he brought in, but the systems have been tweekend and they are working.

thanks for no more trap

Old
01-12-2013, 10:11 AM
skating101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
8-2 Bulls tonight...newcomer Alan Quine with 5 points and another solid start by Graham..:-)the Bulls are looking pretty good
Think Alan will adapt well to the big Belleville ice especially after playing in Peterborough

Old
01-12-2013, 12:36 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlnhockeynut View Post
And best part is George actually let the bulls forecheck and create opportunity, yes it has to do with the players he brought in, but the systems have been tweekend and they are working.

thanks for no more trap
If those players came in and were forced to not play hockey but trap and sit back we'd be back to low scoring games again, maybe not as low but definitely lower and more boring. But they'd probably rebel anyways and play whatever style they wanted. I love the open format and direct attacking forecheckers, makes for a way more exciting game.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:46 PM
ohlnhockeynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
If those players came in and were forced to not play hockey but trap and sit back we'd be back to low scoring games again, maybe not as low but definitely lower and more boring. But they'd probably rebel anyways and play whatever style they wanted. I love the open format and direct attacking forecheckers, makes for a way more exciting game.
And wins! lets the guys show that they are intense and have heart!!!

Old
01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
hockeykid87

Talked to Malcolm after practise today and I asked him if having a good back up motivates him to play harder.

"No not really"

He doesn't lack for confidence I'll give him that

Old
01-16-2013, 07:08 AM
SDRFAOBFH1

That's the Subban attitude for you. Ask Malcolm how things went in the World Juniors? See what happens when your given the starting job without earning it! He may be cocky but he can't handle the pressure never mind handle that level of competition. Never has, never will.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRFAOBFH1 View Post
That's the Subban attitude for you. Ask Malcolm how things went in the World Juniors? See what happens when your given the starting job without earning it! He may be cocky but he can't handle the pressure never mind handle that level of competition. Never has, never will.
He earned it through his work in the summer series and through his play with the Bulls over the OHL season.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:22 AM
hockeykid87

We'll see how he does in the playoffs this season as I think it's safe to say the Bulls are pretty good favorites to win the East

Old
01-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRFAOBFH1 View Post
You seem to know him quite well. Do you follow him around game to game? Perhaps scout him and shot list each save or goal?? Have you interviewed him and given him a personality quiz to fill out?? If so, your points could be valid... if not, you know absolutely nothing about Malcolm Subban and it would be best to keep your negative and uninformative posts to your self.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:48 AM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
You seem to know him quite well. Do you follow him around game to game? Perhaps scout him and shot list each save or goal?? Have you interviewed him and given him a personality quiz to fill out?? If so, your points could be valid... if not, you know absolutely nothing about Malcolm Subban and it would be best to keep your negative and uninformative posts to your self.
Malcolm is not a cocky kid and is usually rather quiet. I'd say he has some confidence and enough experience and that certainty that he can compete at high levels which shouldn't be considered as cocky. A little swagger is a good sign of some confidence and he'll do fine in the playoffs if the team is allowed to execute on their offense.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Renegader

Quote:
Malcolm is not a cocky kid and is usually rather quiet. I'd say he has some confidence and enough experience and that certainty that he can compete at high levels which shouldn't be considered as cocky. A little swagger is a good sign of some confidence and he'll do fine in the playoffs if the team is allowed to execute on their offense.
Agreed...

Old
01-18-2013, 02:43 AM
BrianA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
Agreed...
Malcolm was the main reason the lowest scoring team(until the trades)in the league was able to stay close.Most nights he made the only exciting plays and created a reason to stay awake.
Burnett made two good trades and if he can control his need to trap,this team will be fun to watch again and go as far as Subban takes them.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:48 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
Malcolm was the main reason the lowest scoring team(until the trades)in the league was able to stay close.Most nights he made the only exciting plays and created a reason to stay awake.
Burnett made two good trades and if he can control his need to trap,this team will be fun to watch again and go as far as Subban takes them.
Listen, Malcolm did a great job giving his team a chance to win most every night and they did win most every night using the dreaded 'Super'-Trap. But the team did the same even with Charlie in net both pre and post trades so the team has the depth and skill to win, be it with that SuperTrap or post trade predominantly without it.

Throw out the trap and the game scores go way up and scoring is happening very frequently and from guys that were slow to score under the Old System. But just remember this is about winning games now and however ugly that may look like on the ice it's gonna be the way things will be until either they win it all or die trying.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

What an amazing game tonight on Friday Night Hockey against Niagara. Graovac, Quine, and J. Cramarossa were all stellar. Curtis and Gaunce also had exceptional games. If they come out like this every night, I truly believe they are a contending team.

I wonder what more the Bulls can do to make their hockey less "boring" to some of our fans. It's simply a good season getting better.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:38 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Other then the PP it was pretty much a total dominating game by the Bulls.....they are going to be tough come playoff time

Old
01-19-2013, 12:43 AM
ohlnhockeynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Other then the PP it was pretty much a total dominating game by the Bulls.....they are going to be tough come playoff time
couldnt agree more

Old
01-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Renegader

This scoring splurge during their 4 game winning streak is refreshing to see. Hopefully there will be a good crowd for tonight's game.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Garyboy

They pass the puck beautifully. The most romantic brand of hockey I have seen thus far in the OHL this season.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
They pass the puck beautifully. The most romantic brand of hockey I have seen thus far in the OHL this season.
I agree

Old
01-21-2013, 02:35 PM
BrianA

Quote:
Listen, Malcolm did a great job giving his team a chance to win most every night and they did win most every night using the dreaded 'Super'-Trap. But the team did the same even with Charlie in net both pre and post trades so the team has the depth and skill to win, be it with that SuperTrap or post trade predominantly without it.

Throw out the trap and the game scores go way up and scoring is happening very frequently and from guys that were slow to score under the Old System. But just remember this is about winning games now and however ugly that may look like on the ice it's gonna be the way things will be until either they win it all or die trying.
The trap will not win a championship in the OHL and at best it will win a period or 2.As a hockey fan 1st and a Bulls fan 2nd,I find entertainment is more important than winning.Hockey is a *game* for entertainment and not designed to be a release for fanatics.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:47 PM
hockeykid87

Big divisional game tonight. Hopefully the Bulls can bounce back after a 4 day lay off.

Side note: I've actually been somewhat impressed with the play of Silas this season. Still has his turnover issues, but man can he block shots. What do you guys think the chances of him signing anywhere professionally are? Whether it's in the minors or in Europe somewhere

Old
01-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
Big divisional game tonight. Hopefully the Bulls can bounce back after a 4 day lay off.

Side note: I've actually been somewhat impressed with the play of Silas this season. Still has his turnover issues, but man can he block shots. What do you guys think the chances of him signing anywhere professionally are? Whether it's in the minors or in Europe somewhere
Silas always seems to be the easy scapegoat for the defense. I think he's been just fine this year and he's now starting to produce offensively as well. I'm pretty sure he won't sign an NHL contract but might be able to get a deal overseas somewhere.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:52 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Bulls defeat the Gens 4-1 with the captain leading the way with a pair.....Subban was solid in the nets and Zharkov missed on a penalty shot. Back in first place with three games in hand

Old
01-24-2013, 01:38 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Going to the game tonight in Peterborough. Only my second time attending a game this season.

I miss having season tickets (haven't had them since moving away to Trent University a few years back).

Going to definitely see some playoff games this year

Closed Thread