HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Wade Redden bought out (1/18: Signs with STL [$1M])

Old
01-18-2013, 04:06 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
How would that reflect at all on Slats?
Well I was implying that he may have foreseen this all in advance, and signed Redden so he could start to suck, get demoted, get bought out, go to another team, and cost them the Cup. It's a bit of a reach.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Dangleberry

So much win

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Trident

While I don't wish him ill will, I defintely don't wish him good luck. I hope he is a -50 this year unfortunately STL is talented enough where that will not happen. I could see him being a servicable 6th defenseman since he has made his millions and is not playing for a huge contract anymore; now it's only a pride thing, but I doubt it.

Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Alphaphaget
Carpe dizzem

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
While I don't wish him ill will...I hope he is a -50 this year

Alphaphaget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
the ill will you sometimes hear in the stands like "I hope you slip on the ice and break your neck" heard it a lot for this guy

Old
01-18-2013, 11:35 PM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

vCash: 50
Quote:
the ill will you sometimes hear in the stands like "I hope you slip on the ice and break your neck" heard it a lot for this guy
He deserves flak but that's too far.

KingWantsCup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:40 PM
darko

I hope Redden becomes a legit NHL caliber defensman for Blues.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:42 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
He deserves flak but that's too far.

Why? Sather gave him that contract.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
While I don't wish him ill will, I defintely don't wish him good luck. I hope he is a -50 this year unfortunately STL is talented enough where that will not happen. I could see him being a servicable 6th defenseman since he has made his millions and is not playing for a huge contract anymore; now it's only a pride thing, but I doubt it.
Why so much hate? Sather offered him that contract.

01-19-2013, 08:58 AM
daigle

Hypothetically, if he had had a lower cap hit, say $1-2 million, would Rangers keept him in NHL in 2010 instead of sending him to AHL? How bad was he? Or they would have bought him out already in 2010?

Looking forward to reading an interview with him after this season. I mean, he played in Rangers for two seasons, earned ~$6.5 million, didn't put up a good game. Then played two years in AHL still earning same amount, and then gets to play half a season (and then another one?) in a decent club still earning $3.3 millions (at least) for those two remaining seasons. Was it worth it?

And these $3.3 millions Rangers are to pay him this season and next, any club signing him will deduct that amount from the 3.3 Rangers owe him, right?

daigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:49 PM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

Over paid under played, good reddence. Davidson sees enough left to give him a shot. Good luck.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:00 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Over paid under played, good reddence. Davidson sees enough left to give him a shot. Good luck.
Jd isn't, in stl anymore, now in columbus

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigle View Post
Hypothetically, if he had had a lower cap hit, say $1-2 million, would Rangers keept him in NHL in 2010 instead of sending him to AHL? How bad was he? Or they would have bought him out already in 2010?

Looking forward to reading an interview with him after this season. I mean, he played in Rangers for two seasons, earned ~$6.5 million, didn't put up a good game. Then played two years in AHL still earning same amount, and then gets to play half a season (and then another one?) in a decent club still earning $3.3 millions (at least) for those two remaining seasons. Was it worth it?

And these $3.3 millions Rangers are to pay him this season and next, any club signing him will deduct that amount from the 3.3 Rangers owe him, right?
The contract with the Rangers and one with the Blues are completely separate--he gets the buyout from the Rangers and the salary from the Blues.

At the end of the 2010 season it was completely clear that Tortorella had no interest in continuing to have Redden in his lineup. Having the huge contract made it impossible to trade him, so that would be the only difference (if he had a smaller salary).

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Why so much hate? Sather offered him that contract.
Where's the hate? I don't wish the guy to get injured, but do I wish him good luck? no. I don't wish good luck to someone who got a huge contract and came here and played like a dog, took a lot of nights off and looked like he didn't want to be here. Players like Messier, Graves and Leetch who left, or rather were forced out one way or the other, I wish good luck to because they gave it there all and wanted to be here. As far as Sather, he should have been fired a long time ago. Has he done better recently, maybe, but he made a lot of mistakes.