HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2013, 11:35 PM
danyhabsfan

vCash: 500
Their is a lot of RH defenseman in SJ.(Boyle, Burns, Demers and Braun)

Why do they need Subban?

RH defenseman for Mtl (Weber and Diaz)

We need Subban

Old
01-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Nope

Old
01-18-2013, 11:42 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Montreal already has two prospects like those two and signing Subban would probably cost Pittsburgh Letang to free agency in the long run (then Montreal would probably just sign him since he already lives there). Lateral move for both parties.

Edit: "lateral" is the wrong word. Redundant prospects going to Montreal. Good for Pitt short term, lateral mid-term, bad long-term.

Last edited by billybudd: 01-18-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old
01-18-2013, 11:42 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Kindly, no. I understand why Habs fans would also say no since Subban is the best player in the deal, but from the Sharks, Vlasic is someone I'm not going to trade unless I'm getting a star young forward back.

Subban fills a position the Sharks are loaded at, LD. After Vlasic, we have crap on the left side.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:44 PM
bruinsfan46

Hate it for Montreal. 1st is probably a late one, have always doubted Harrington's true NHL potential because of lack of physical tools (doesn't skate well by NHL standards, poor puck skills by NHL standards, not physical at all) and Despres is probably the most valuable piece in the package to me but even he hasn't been great in the AHL from what I've read. Subban is a true top pairing 23 year old NHL defenseman, they don't come cheap. Habs are already pretty solid with defensive prospects too.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
Jets say pass.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:46 PM
MonsterSurge

I hate his attitude. HELLLLL NO.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:48 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
You won't be in the locker room. How about you ask Montreal players what they think of him in the locker room? Oh you mean you don't know what they think? Why don't you want him in Pittsburgh's locker room then?

Ridiculous.
Didn't Subban get into a fight in practice?

Old
01-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
I hate his attitude. HELLLLL NO.
Quote:
Didn't Subban get into a fight in practice?
He didn't get into a fight in practice. It was a scrum the media overblown. It's a single incident that is not an isolated case. That hardly makes him a locker room problem, especially to the point of not wanting him on your team. You're also completely retarded if you don't want a player of his calibre because of rumored ''attitude'' problems. I'm really glad most HF posters aren't GM's.

''I give you a bag of peanuts and you give me Crosby? Nah, I'll pass, too much of a whiner''.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:52 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
He didn't get into a fight in practice. It was a scrum the media overblown. It's a single incident that is not an isolated case. That hardly makes him a locker room problem, especially to the point of not wanting him on your team. You're also completely retarded if you don't want a player of his calibre because of rumored ''attitude'' problems.
You seem quite angry. Calm down. I don't like P.K. Subban.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
I'm not talking about you. I'm speaking generally to the idiots who wouldn't take X player because of attitude. It doesn't matter whether you like him or not, he's a great asset to any team and not the type of talent you find every day. Not saying he's one of a kind but he's really good and would find a spot in most if not all top 4's in the league.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

vCash: 50
we'll take our young guys, over your one young guy and 2 older guys

Old
01-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Jaded-Fan

So Subban wants to be paid, and paid big, and is having trouble making a deal in Montreal, but the Pens who have two of the bigger contracts in the NHL want to wade into that? The Pens have Letang's and Malkin's contract coming up as well. Honestly I can not see where this makes sense.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:00 AM
sheed36

Quote:
But why don't you like him though? He's a solid young player and most who say they don't like him would love him if he was on their teams.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:11 AM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Kindly, no. I understand why Habs fans would also say no since Subban is the best player in the deal, but from the Sharks, Vlasic is someone I'm not going to trade unless I'm getting a star young forward back.

Subban fills a position the Sharks are loaded at, LD. After Vlasic, we have crap on the left side.
RD you mean?

Old
01-19-2013, 12:12 AM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
But why don't you like him though? He's a solid young player and most who say they don't like him would love him if he was on their teams.
I hate Scott Hartnell and I would love for him to be on the Penguins. I hate P.K. Subban and I would hate for him to be on the Penguins.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Kaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Not bad

imo:

Subban=Bogosian

Plekanec+Gionta=Kane

Value is good but Jets won't do it just because:

-Kane+Bogosian aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Faces of the Franchise of the future

-They definitely do not need more 2nd line centers because they have plenty.

-Jets don't want aging forwards. They are looking for future players/young guys.
Bogosian is more valuable than Subban, though not by a lot.
Kane is more valuable than Plek and Gionta, and to a young team like the Jets, it isn't by a little.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:44 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4600
Doubt the Jets would go there. Both Bogosian and Kane have considerable room to grow while only Subban will continue to improve. The value right now is decent but potential upside kills it.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:00 AM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Subban = Bogo

Plek, Gionta <<<< Kane

Jets say no quite easily

Old
01-19-2013, 01:06 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
So Subban wants to be paid, and paid big, and is having trouble making a deal in Montreal, but the Pens who have two of the bigger contracts in the NHL want to wade into that? The Pens have Letang's and Malkin's contract coming up as well. Honestly I can not see where this makes sense.
According to Bergevin the issue is term and not money.

So how can you say he wants to be paid big, when both sides have agreed that the amount of money Subban is asking for is reasonable and fair. If you were to say he wants to be paid a reasonable amount of money with the security of a longer-term deal, that would be more accurate.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:13 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Considering how much trouble Bergevin is having trying to sign PK to a second contract, I'll respectfully pass.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:14 AM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Despres can play now. The 1st doesn't need to be spent on a defenseman. So, really, it's Harrington that's objectionable then?
I'm really neutral in this trade, don't like Pitt or Mtl, but I don't see it being a deal that Montreal would be interested in. They have more of a need for forwards in my opinion.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:43 AM
GoldenJet89

vCash: 362
as others stated. the deal at present is fine. but kane and bogo are the "franchise" players here and if they continue their growth will both be elite level players sooner than later

subban obviously is on that same path, but 2,3,4 years down the road plek and giontas value will be nowhere near if even existent.

jets are building, no way this happens.

just theoretically i think itd be more of a subban, eller, prospect plus a 3rd type of package. which would be too much for the habs to give up, and still may not get the jets to bite with bogo and kane being popular players and centerpieces

Old
01-19-2013, 05:07 AM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Vlasic is too important for the Sharks to trade. Sharks will decline. I'm sure (as previously stated) the Habs won't trade Subban either.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:09 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
How about Brandon Sutter then? I'd rather fix the defense and stick Jeffrey into Sutter's spot (Staal's old spot) than continue to see us unravel in the defensive zone.

The caveat would be that you have to take Paul Martin, as well.

So, Sutter and Martin for Subban.
A 3rd line center and a defenseman almost no Penguins fans even want on the team even if they had to pay to get rid of him for a top pairing D?

I feel pretty confident that Montreal would turn that down.

I also think that the Habs would want either Neal, Letang, or a package of Derrick Pouliot, Olli Maatta, and Beau Bennett. You might be able to get away with replacing one of those with a first round pick, but none of those players looks like they will be as good as Subban.

Just think what the Penguins would want for Letang because Subban and Letang probably have almost the same value.

Closed Thread