Notices

Football NFL, NCAA, CFL

Te'o GF death a hoax

Old
01-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 500
Not on camera and with a lawyer present? C'mon man.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:55 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Not on camera and with a lawyer present? C'mon man.
My thoughts exactly.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
He turned from naive kid into an intelligent client quite fast.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Machinehead
I Bring The Weather

vCash: 50
I want to believe him, I really do...

but as had been said: c'mon man.

Ben Hutton is my Spirit Animal. Jeff Gorton is not.
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Machinehead
I Bring The Weather

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
We forgave A-Rod
Who are these people? Would love to meet them.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Big Poppa Puck
SAWFT!

At this point I don't even care what him or Tuiasosopo have to say any more. Tuiasosopo's could say Te'o had nothing to do with it all, which may be true (at first, at least), but the timeline just doesn't add up.

I still think he ends up going in the 1st round. So this won't hurt him that much.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Iggy Smalls

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but I can't help but not think how incredibly convenient it was for so many "confessions" to occur a single day after Te'o claimed to have been catfished and ultimately support his claim. And now, with all of that said, agrees to then be interviewed.

Iggy Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:09 PM
EvilCoop
How's Annie?

vCash: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
At this point I don't even care what him or Tuiasosopo have to say any more. Tuiasosopo's could say Te'o had nothing to do with it all, which may be true (at first, at least), but the timeline just doesn't add up.

I still think he ends up going in the 1st round. So this won't hurt him that much.
I'd hope the Lions don't take him, I certainly don't want him.

EvilCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:49 PM
invictus

I just watched the movie "Catfish."

It was actually pretty good and didn't end as disturbingly as I feared.

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:53 PM
I Am Score*

Here comes the ****storm on ESPN.

I Am Score* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:10 AM
I Am Score*

Manti Te'o confirms the fact that Tusosospo (however you spell it) apologized in a Twitter message for playing this hoax on him.

This fills in line with the supposed "Twitter messages" between Te'o and Tusosospo who were talking and some claimed they were both in on it.

According to him he wasn't sure it was a sure fire hoax until later, as he was given a "story" that Kekua needed to lay low or something around these lines.

This of course raises more questions then it does answers, and as he is being treated with a lawyer type of personnel, this wouldn't jive if it wasn't true.

He also confirmed that he lied to his father about meeting Kekua, which is why his dad said that.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:13 AM
KaylaJ
i bent my wookie

I like Jeremy Schaap, but he's better as an reporter than explaining a 2 hour conversation he had with a guy who had a fake gf

And yeah, I'm still just as confused before. There are too many holes right now that just make it hard for me to believe he thought this girl was real up until like 2 days ago.

KaylaJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:16 AM
I Am Score*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
I like Jeremy Schaap, but he's better as an reporter than explaining a 2 hour conversation he had with a guy who had a fake gf

And yeah, I'm still just as confused before. There are too many holes right now that just make it hard for me to believe he thought this girl was real up until like 2 days ago.
Jeremy is the freaking man. He's doing his best in this confusing situation.

The evidence here is that Tososopo could face some serious charges if this is true. And he did indeed apologize as Manti stated, it would fit in with everything of the reported Twitter communications.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:20 AM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
Jeremy is the freaking man. He's doing his best in this confusing situation.

The evidence here is that Tososopo could face some serious charges if this is true. And he did indeed apologize as Manti stated, it would fit in with everything of the reported Twitter communications.
I'm still confused as to why Te'o kept talking about this fake gf like she was real after December 6th, when he supposedly found out about the hoax.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:21 AM
I Am Score*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
I'm still confused as to why Te'o kept talking about this fake gf like she was real after December 6th, when he supposedly found out about the hoax.
Again, if he said it was a hoax and released it then Notre Dame would've had no chance in the National Championship at all. The scandal would be horrid.

He didn't know they would have virtually no chance anyways or would've announced it. He was planning on getting the investigation FIRST and announcing it after the National Championship.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Te'o is hoping this simmers down and goes away because of that "interview" with Schaap? Good luck with that.

Just watching that you would think Schaap has some sort of connection to ND or CAA. That was one hell of a job he did kissing ass and providing very little information. Basically, Te'o is a great guy and Schaap believed every word he said. Listening to him explain why Te'o refused to do an on camera interview was pretty funny as well.

Still have no idea what to believe.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:26 AM
ocarina

Quote:
Again, if he said it was a hoax and released it then Notre Dame would've had no chance in the National Championship at all. The scandal would be horrid.

He didn't know they would have virtually no chance anyways or would've announced it. He was planning on getting the investigation FIRST and announcing it after the National Championship.
I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem to be a good excuse to continually play up the story, even when he wasn't prompted too at times.

Also, what about his teammates saying that they knew that the "gf" wasn't really a gf? And why did he lie to his parents about actually meeting with her? Way too many questions here for me to believe him completely, and him pulling this stunt for the interview isn't helping. Why not just go on-camera? Why involve a lawyer in this?

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
This of course raises more questions then it does answers, and as he is being treated with a lawyer type of personnel, this wouldn't jive if it wasn't true.
The lawyer is there to keep him from legal trouble, not to keep him from lying.

It has been proven/admitted that Manti Te'o has lied over multiple points in this whole saga. To start believing everything he is saying now would require you to be more naive than he wants you to believe he was.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:34 AM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem to be a good excuse to continually play up the story, even when he wasn't prompted too at times.

Also, what about his teammates saying that they knew that the "gf" wasn't really a gf? And why did he lie to his parents about actually meeting with her? Way too many questions here for me to believe him completely, and him pulling this stunt for the interview isn't helping. Why not just go on-camera? Why involve a lawyer in this?
You will arrive at the same conclusion if you ignore the fact that Te'o is a liar as long as what he says matches Notre Dame's company line.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:37 AM
I Am Score*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
The lawyer is there to keep him from legal trouble, not to keep him from lying.

It has been proven/admitted that Manti Te'o has lied over multiple points in this whole saga. To start believing everything he is saying now would require you to be more naive than he wants you to believe he was.
Did I ever say that I believed everything he said?

He did say some knowledgeable things though, as he tried to Skype/Facetime with her but it was just a black box (no webcam plugged in). He also confirmed what was going on when people on Twitter accused him of being in the conspiracy when he was tweeting with the alleged person who did all this.

When in reality the person was apparently apologizing. Te'o wouldn't have created an unnecessary question about her "laying low" if it would be to percieved like this. When something leaks that makes virtually no sense and the person is under supervision, it's hard to believe they made it up out of nowhere. They are not grasping for straws here, they could've gone with initial reports but they took the story a whole new direction.

All those things are proven to be facts with other evidence. I'm not defending the guy, we still don't know if the person was with Te'o, but there is enough evidence to hinder a doubt.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:38 AM
I Am Score*

Quote:
You will arrive at the same conclusion if you ignore the fact that Te'o is a liar as long as what he says matches Notre Dame's company line.
You seem to have alot of bias here against Notre Dame so you probably should make that clear.

There is enough merit to what he said, you don't need to spew your opinions and accuse just because you don't like the school and the person plays for them.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:49 AM
EvilCoop
How's Annie?

vCash: 455
Quote:
You seem to have alot of bias here against Notre Dame so you probably should make that clear.

There is enough merit to what he said, you don't need to spew your opinions and accuse just because you don't like the school and the person plays for them.
Bias? You do know he could say the same thing about you, right?

EvilCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:52 AM
I Am Score*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
Bias? You do know he could say the same thing about you, right?
I was in between and now i'm leaning more in Te'os favor.

I don't just automatically jump to one side and spew my opinion because I like/dislike Notre Dame.

That is biasm. I am not bias. Nice try though.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Reality Check

Quote:
Judging by just peeking over at a Notre Dame message board, they are certainly believing the crap he is shoveling.

Gotta love how he waits until early Saturday morning to "break his silence"

This kid is a straight up phony.

Reality Check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:07 AM
Hockeyfan02

I think he exaggerated his relationship with "her" to the media, but I have a hard time believing he was in on the hoax and would come up with the idea that "she died" on the same day his grandmother passed. That seems far fetched he'd do that when he's dealing with the loss of his grandmother.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote