HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - The Walking Dead Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 400
What is CanucksLive? I was trying to get information about ordering Gamecentre and this popped up. Are the Canucks launching a channel?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CanucksLive.JPG‎ (69.6 KB, 14 views)

Old
01-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

vCash: 500
any good free concerts in vancouver lately? is there a website i can check out such events? thanks!

Old
01-18-2013, 01:46 AM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

vCash: 50
Just beat The Walking Dead for Xbox 360. 9/10

Fantastic storyline and characters, many "HOLY ****" moments and a gutwrenching ending as well, This leaves a cliffhanger at the end of the credits as well, there could very well be a second installment coming, at least they made an opening for it anyways. The only thing that wasn't so great was the engine it was made on and the loading screens. The graphics we're unique, but at times they weren't great. And the loading screens at times took 2-3 minutes to start the episode.

Other than that, fantastic game.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
01-18-2013, 02:55 AM
ProstheticConscience
Freeman?

vCash: 883
Captain Picard don't give a ****.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Guys...there's hockey tomorrow.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Taco Fingerhat

vCash: 4420
My edible tribute to the best hockey logo ever:

Old
01-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fingerhat View Post

And I thought Henrik Sedin made sick dishes....

Awesome job!

Old
01-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Guys...there's hockey tomorrow.
18 hours...........holy

Old
01-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

Quote:

wow, awesome work.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:57 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:

Damn that's neat. Good job.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:29 PM
KISSland

Quote:

what is that?

edit : spaghetti lol

Old
01-18-2013, 11:42 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Captain Picard don't give a ****.

that's gold

Old
01-19-2013, 12:29 AM
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate

Quote:

I honestly thought it was Play-Doh.
It is still edible, so we are good in that department.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:50 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Did my OT thread get deleted or moved? Or did I just not enter it properly?

Old
01-19-2013, 02:17 AM
Krishna

That spaghetti dish looks delicious

Old
01-19-2013, 02:23 AM
Taco Fingerhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
That spaghetti dish looks delicious
I can assure you it was. I used a blend of tomato and cream sauce so I could get the colors just right.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:26 AM
Krishna

Oh, you made it?!

I thought it was one of the dishes that someone posted on puckdaddy last year or so

Old
01-19-2013, 02:43 AM
Taco Fingerhat

Quote:
Oh, you made it?!

I thought it was one of the dishes that someone posted on puckdaddy last year or so
I've seen those They're also pretty great!. But this one was my homage to our oldschool 'plate of spaghetti' logo.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:51 AM
Krishna

How long did the whole thing take?

Old
01-19-2013, 03:00 AM
Taco Fingerhat

Quote:
How long did the whole thing take?
I'd say about 2 hours not including shopping time. Naturally, eating it went much faster.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:11 AM
Krishna

I can only imagine.

I dated a girl who loved cooking and loved plating everything perfect.

I'm just hungry. I don't care what it looks like. I'll eat it anyways damn it

Old
01-19-2013, 04:00 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Hey guys,

Kinda gotta rant/story tell for a bit. Had a messed up day.

I don't know if the thread I tried to post even went up or not, but my girlfriend, The Witch, had a pretty serious seizure this morning.

I woke up to a funny noise coming from the bathroom down the hall. I knew she was in there, because that is her routine, and didn't want to bust in on her and have her get pissed off at me, but I had to check.

When I opened the door I found her face down on the floor in an awkward position breathing strangely. Her eyes were open and her hands and feet where clenched and extended and she started to twitch.

I got down beside her, barely being able to think screaming at her to wake up. I got her on her back, and when I noticed puke/spit etc coming out of her mouth I got her to her side. She kept moving around so much it only half worked.

I raced upstairs and grabbed a phone and dialed 911 as I raced down the stairs. I told the operator on the line where we were and what was going on as I was kneeling beside my GF trying to keep her from hurting herself. Then the operator told me that she had to transfer me and that I would be transfered....twice...

I'm freaking out and swearing and tell her just to do it then, because she looks like she's dying right infront of me. I put the phone down as she was having way more trouble and I couldn't keep a hold of her and the phone. She half grabbed my shirt with her contorted hand and it seemed like she had a moment of clarity in her eyes, like help me.

Then I noticed her mouth was completely locked and I remembered from movies they would always put something between their teeth, hard enough not to break, but not enough to hurt her. (WARNING: Apparently you aren't supposed to do that anymore. I had no clue.)
I tried my thumb as I didn't want to leave her again....well she almost bit it off...

I scrapped that and just tried to keep her calm while picking the phone back up swearing and screaming at the woman on the phone(In hindsight I should have remained much more calm as it would have helped, but I've never been in a situation like this in my life and I reacted how I did.) I'd only been transfered once.

More swearing and screaming and she's mostly stopped moving and her lips had started turning blue and she didn't seem to be breathing very well or at all. I don't know if I even did it right or that she needed it, but I started giving her a basterdized version of CPR until the paramedics got there(Which was fast when they were finally informed...)

Between the two of them they got a breathing tube in her and got her fully on her side. She started to seizure again as they got then and didn't seem to stop until we got to the hospital, which was a short distance.

She had a family member already working at the hospital who was an incredible help. The nurses and doctors and other staff were too incredible for words. Whatever they make is not enough.

They medicated her and for a while her heart rate would race up to 140 and she'd have another seizure. They got less frequent and less severe as a few hours went by so they reduced the meds slightly a few times and she kept trying to wake up. They were all surprised at how hard she was fighting the sleep meds. After a few tense hours she finally got to a point where she hadn't seizured in almost 2 hours and they started weaning her off more. We may have had to take her to a different hospital because they wanted to do one of the test they didn't have, but...

A few things happened close together to lift everyone's spirits. Apparently when she fell she hit her head, but the scan showed not hard enough to have caused a seizure, they think so far(No bleeding, swelling etc.) Her blood work came back all clean no infection, she didn't try and do it herself. She didn't seem to have been deprived of oxygen as she could talk(She kept telling us to let her up and bugger off.) and she wasn't paralyzed. And when she had a brief moment of being almost fully there, everyone around her was talking her her(doctor, nurses, her parents) and I was at the foot of the bed and just said hi quietly and she turned and looked right at me.

Then she got to a point where we were ready to totally wean her off the drugs and have her wake up. It took a while to have her wake up and as she was quite beligerant(sp? lol) while half out of hit, but also quite funny.(She kept yawning hugely and smiling really hard while passed out)

Now she's fully off the meds and awake, talking, wanting to walk, even some laughing. But it took a lot out of her and she just wanted to rest. She even sent the rest of us home so we could sleep.(The hospital is close enough I could run to it if need be.) Though I'm starting to wonder if I made to many jokes about the second nurse looking like a Canadian Jason Statham...

So basically if everything continues progressing as it has everything should be fine. Be it an episode or the possibility of epilepsy, those things we can more then deal with.

The hospital workers I told and the paramedics were both shocked and angered at the fact I needed to be transfered around like that on the phone. I didn't and don't want to get anyone in trouble, but something in how that system operates apparently needs to be looked at.

Anywho she really enjoyed making predictions(especially when they were bang on ) and interacting with you guys, even if it was through me, and besides needing to talk all of this out in one big go, I thought I'd let the extended HF family know.

Thanks for letting me rant and for this place that I can kill time while I can't sleep.

(If there is some reason this should be moved or removed, take action of course, but please PM as to why so I don't violate the rules again)

Old
01-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

I'm sorry to hear that happen!

A dandy little trick my crim professor told me is to call 911 and then hang up without talking to them to get them to your place ASAP. They automatically have to treat it like a Code 3 call.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
So...apparently Don Cherry will be doing a short piece during the first intermission of the last game of the night to help appease people who think HNIC is too Toronto-oriented.

Thoughts?

Old
01-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Krishna

Don Cherry is awesome

He's like an angry racist grandfather

Closed Thread