HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Holders

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 07:01 PM
  #376
Soble
Registered User
 
Soble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Enh, I don't believe I'm vilifying TNSE. Most of my posts on this matter have been me poking fun at people grossly over reacting to what is IMO an extremely trivial matter.

But at the same time, if you're going to try to defend TNSE by making implausible claims I'm going to call you on it.
No no, YOU are not vilifying TSNE...The early reaction on this board and the 500 comments on the WFP site was what I was referring to.

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:11 PM
  #377
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soble View Post
No no, YOU are not vilifying TSNE...The early reaction on this board and the 500 comments on the WFP site was what I was referring to.
But, I mean, that's just Winnipegers.

Homo economicus we are not.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:12 PM
  #378
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor
 
wpgsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,188
vCash: 942
Overly sensitive, thrifty fans are dangerous for small market teams...

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:27 PM
  #379
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,507
vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Overly sensitive, thrifty fans are dangerous for small market teams...
I know eh? My approach to any future TNSE cash grabs will be:




Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:28 PM
  #380
spicy
Registered User
 
spicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
Do you pay 13K a year for season tickets?
i have 2 seats in 316, and we have suite tickets within our family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
While I sympathize with the "quit your whining" crowd, I don't think the fact that TNSE has brought the NHL back to Winnipeg gives them carte blanche to nickel and dime everyone on idiotic fees.

Sure, Chipman opened up his (and Thomson's) wallet to the tune of $170 million, but 13000 opened up their considerably smaller wallets to the tune of $500 - $1000 per seat for a deposit (i.e. an interest free loan). They also pay one of the highest average ticket prices in the NHL. There wasn't a lot of complaining though - you have to pay to play in the bigs, right? I mean, we yell out "True North" during the anthem...we're grateful, ok?

But I don't think it's unreasonable that a STH would be upset that they were losing something of value (nice printed ticket books you could split up with a STH group) - and not only that, but the prospect of being charged $2.50 to do something that used to cost nothing (handing out tickets). As I've said about 3 times before in this thread, that adds up to about $175/year in fees if you've got a group of 4 sharing 2 seats. Also, those fees are ridiculous in the first place. The concession stand might as well charge $2.50 to put your popcorn in a bag or your beer in a cup - in fact the profit margin on the ticket printing and forwarding "convenience fee" is probably even higher.
fair enough, and well said. Wasnt the 2.50 charge already worked into the ticket prices last year, and was it not deducted off the electronic cards for this year? This was my assumption. If not, then shame on TNSE, but they have corrected it. And i stand by my prior statement saying if you did have an issue with the way they did things, to be vocal about it to the rep you speak to, but also remain calm and dont jump to rash decisions (like the guy who wants to get rid of his tickets). If enough level headed individuals voice their concerns, things will be looked at, and dealt with accordingly.

TNSE has come too far and made too many right business decisions to make too many bone headed ones.

Either way, if the charges did go through, $2.50 per each reprinted ticket isnt something worth getting rid of your season tickets about, or tossing in the towel on the team either.

People are still hot and bothered about the lockout, and rightly so. But to blame it on the team, the franchise, or anything else here is ridiculous. There were many other factors to blame, and to lose your marbles about a fee that ended up being waived anyways is the most ridiculously absurd notion.


Last edited by spicy: 01-18-2013 at 07:38 PM.
spicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:32 PM
  #381
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,964
vCash: 50
I like I can sell unwanted tickets through ticket exchange and get a little extra money back.... Thanks TNSE!

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:42 PM
  #382
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy View Post
i have 2 seats in 316, and we have suite tickets within our family.



fair enough, and well said. Wasnt the 2.50 charge already worked into the ticket prices last year, and was it not deducted off the electronic cards for this year? This was my assumption. If not, then shame on TNSE, but they have corrected it. And i stand by my prior statement saying if you did have an issue with the way they did things, to be vocal about it to the rep you speak to, but also remain calm and dont jump to rash decisions (like the guy who wants to get rid of his tickets). If enough level headed individuals voice their concerns, things will be looked at, and dealt with accordingly.
It wasn't. My tickets certainly weren't 2.50 cheaper (they were exactly 3% higher, as you would expect from the increase).

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy View Post
Either way, if the charges did go through, $2.50 per each reprinted ticket isnt something worth getting rid of your season tickets about, or tossing in the towel on the team either.

People are still hot and bothered about the lockout, and rightly so. But to blame it on the team, the franchise, or anything else here is ridiculous. There were many other factors to blame, and to lose your marbles about a fee that ended up being waived anyways is the most ridiculously absurd notion.
Agreed.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:49 PM
  #383
hoch7231
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
I like I can sell unwanted tickets through ticket exchange and get a little extra money back.... Thanks TNSE!
I was thinking about this...now I'm certainly not complaining, but I pay $96.75 for my P3 tix. If ticket exchange credits me $150 (for the "A" games), am I not considered to be making a profit? Again not complaining but am I missing something?

I looked up the definition of scalping:

"Ticket scalping, also known as ticket resales, is the time-honored practice of buying tickets to an event and reselling them for more than you paid for them. "

hoch7231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:02 PM
  #384
mzappa
Jets fans in space
 
mzappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 50
The Season Ticket Holder TPA clearly states a ticket cannot be sold above "face value". That's how they get around the provincial law in this case.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hoch7231 View Post
I was thinking about this...now I'm certainly not complaining, but I pay $96.75 for my P3 tix. If ticket exchange credits me $150 (for the "A" games), am I not considered to be making a profit? Again not complaining but am I missing something?

I looked up the definition of scalping:

"Ticket scalping, also known as ticket resales, is the time-honored practice of buying tickets to an event and reselling them for more than you paid for them. "

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:17 AM
  #385
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan
 
Hollywood3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ65 View Post
It's been logistically annoying, and a lot more work than I want to do, especially with the tight window and having to get everyone/everything organized. Were the Jets planning on rolling this out for the 2012-13 season or did they know 100% that the lockout would happen in the summer? Seems like they could have introduced this system in the summer and not forced the panic. I think the big issue is that it was thrust on STH's in stealth fashion. It went from, your package will arrive within 2 days of the schedule, to getting a booklet and a card when everyone was expecting tickets. Being a STH of the Jets and Bombers (as well as long-time customer of the Moose), it was something I'd expect from the Bombers. True North have usually been pretty good about communicating with their customers.
This is so true. (I have never been a Bomber STH, and this is my 10th year with the Moose/Jets.) "Stealth" is a good word for this.

When I got the package I thought "WTF did they send me such a big folder for Jets Gear cards?"

They sent me 35 emails since last season and NOT ONE said anything about cards replacing tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
While I sympathize with the "quit your whining" crowd, I don't think the fact that TNSE has brought the NHL back to Winnipeg gives them carte blanche to nickel and dime everyone on idiotic fees.

Sure, Chipman opened up his (and Thomson's) wallet to the tune of $170 million, but 13000 opened up their considerably smaller wallets to the tune of $500 - $1000 per seat for a deposit (i.e. an interest free loan). They also pay one of the highest average ticket prices in the NHL. There wasn't a lot of complaining though - you have to pay to play in the bigs, right? I mean, we yell out "True North" during the anthem...we're grateful, ok?

But I don't think it's unreasonable that a STH would be upset that they were losing something of value (nice printed ticket books you could split up with a STH group) - and not only that, but the prospect of being charged $2.50 to do something that used to cost nothing (handing out tickets). As I've said about 3 times before in this thread, that adds up to about $175/year in fees if you've got a group of 4 sharing 2 seats. Also, those fees are ridiculous in the first place. The concession stand might as well charge $2.50 to put your popcorn in a bag or your beer in a cup - in fact the profit margin on the ticket printing and forwarding "convenience fee" is probably even higher.


All fees and charges of any type have to be factored into the price of a ticket. Maybe the Jets have worked with TicketBastard for too long now. Maybe next year they'll announce that tickets have been reduced by $5 per seat. Then afterwards say there is an administration fee of $2, convenience fee of $4, oxygen utilization fee of $2, floor usage levy of $1, and a stair replenishment fund assessment of $250 per season.

BTW, when Moose tickets were bought direct from your Moose rep there were NO fees whatsoever.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:17 AM
  #386
idontknow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
I admit I have been leery about selling tickets for games I can't go to. I sold several tickets last season to people here on the boards and also to Seat Exchange. If I am going to get game day prices (less the fee) I see it easier to sell on Seat Exchange.

In addition, in all my Seat Exchange sales, I have yet to see one of my tickets become available for sale... they sell fast or they delay the release of the seats but I always received an email the following day that my ticket sold. lol
I for the first time just used Seat Exchange. I checked and the ticket was available right away. I am so happy with this, quick and easy. I put an expiry date and if it doesn't sell at least I have a few days to scramble and find someone, lol.

idontknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:22 AM
  #387
drumzan
#WpgJets #SJSharks
 
drumzan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by idontknow View Post
I for the first time just used Seat Exchange. I checked and the ticket was available right away. I am so happy with this, quick and easy. I put an expiry date and if it doesn't sell at least I have a few days to scramble and find someone, lol.
Which game?

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:25 AM
  #388
drumzan
#WpgJets #SJSharks
 
drumzan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
This is so true. (I have never been a Bomber STH, and this is my 10th year with the Moose/Jets.) "Stealth" is a good word for this.

When I got the package I thought "WTF did they send me such a big folder for Jets Gear cards?"

They sent me 35 emails since last season and NOT ONE said anything about cards replacing tickets.





All fees and charges of any type have to be factored into the price of a ticket. Maybe the Jets have worked with TicketBastard for too long now. Maybe next year they'll announce that tickets have been reduced by $5 per seat. Then afterwards say there is an administration fee of $2, convenience fee of $4, oxygen utilization fee of $2, floor usage levy of $1, and a stair replenishment fund assessment of $250 per season.

BTW, when Moose tickets were bought direct from your Moose rep there were NO fees whatsoever.
OK, that made me really laugh.

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:39 AM
  #389
BigZ65
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,809
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soble View Post
The rep was right. I still have NO idea why people think that printing the ticket, saving the file to your computer, emailing the ticket to a buddy, would cost a dime. It was ALWAYS free. Maybe if people had taken a few minutes to read the details and try out the system, rather than see "$2.50" and assume that if you don't use the plastic card it will cost you $$. TNSE then gave up on trying to explain it to people and just caved to the mob and decided lets just make the forwarding through the system free to shut people up since they don't understand the system ("print" vs forward) and the backlash isn't worth it.

"You can print any game ticket online via My Jets Account at no additional cost. Similar to Ticket Forwarding, Reprinting your tickets generates a paper TicketFast ticket that you can print from your home or office and bring to the game."
Not accurate. Ticketmaster charges $2.50 for each step (forward and print) if you've ever used their system for concert or other event tickets. The charge would actually be $5 per forwarded seat. TNSE has waived the printing fee permanently, so I'm guessing we'll still have the $2.50 per ticket forwarding fee next season.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:33 AM
  #390
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!
 
broinwhyteridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,233
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
More of a legal or communications department thing. Pretty sure someone there would've taken a university level course in English.
Deyz speakies de gud engrishe.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:50 AM
  #391
idontknow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzan View Post
Which game?
Florida, it sold! WOOOT! That was fast!

idontknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:10 PM
  #392
dhfromkw
Registered User
 
dhfromkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
I just used the Jets' SeatExchange for the first time this season, still in disbelief I managed to get two P7s for the Montreal game off there. Unreal.

I think the Jets are able to credit season ticket holders the face value of the tickets they sell "less a fee" is because they tacked on more fees to the buyer this year on the SeatExchange website. A pair of P7s for the Montreal game, which is an A game, came to $210. The same pair of tickets on the regular Ticketmaster website would go for around $145 with fees included.

dhfromkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.