HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinPower420 View Post
Fix the ****ing PayPal already. Still getting errors. The people running the site should be ****ing fired. *******s.
I think you need to contact paypal, (or perhaps bank if they are blocking it). Or google the error code?

Old
01-19-2013, 12:52 AM
ronaldo123

So how do we get the free preview of Gamecenter for this week? Just need an nhl.com account and it will work?

Old
01-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

I don't think there is any free gamecenter preview this year. Every year, the free gamecenter preview is due to Kraft hockeyville program, where you use KHOCKEYVILLE code while signing up that gives you 2 weeks free.

Not this year, it was cancelled due to lockout. NHL CI continues its 2 week preview on TV.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:30 AM
zingbo2133

Not sure if this is brought up but I read online about centre ice bring 49.99 from Rogers for the season. That's a pretty damn good price.
The link is here:http://www.newswire.ca/fr/story/1101...or-hockey-fans

Is the spot under free preview. Am I right assuming that's the whole centre ice package got 50 bucks.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:32 AM
IowaBudsFan
Rookie User

http://www.gamezone.com/news/nhl-gam...n-xbox-360-ps3

This link claims the ps3 app is available but the ps3 store is down for maintenance... Hope it's back up tomorrow.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:35 AM
IowaBudsFan
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
I don't think there is any free gamecenter preview this year. Every year, the free gamecenter preview is due to Kraft hockeyville program, where you use KHOCKEYVILLE code while signing up that gives you 2 weeks free.

Not this year, it was cancelled due to lockout. NHL CI continues its 2 week preview on TV.
On dish network in the US the freaking CBC games arent in HD... Silly considering the TB-Caps game is.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:44 AM
juho20
Rookie User

Asked about PayPal...

Greetings,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Please be advised that the PayPal payment method is not functional at this time, kindly use Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
NHL Support

So not looking good.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:54 AM
IowaBudsFan
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by juho20 View Post
Asked about PayPal...

Greetings,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Please be advised that the PayPal payment method is not functional at this time, kindly use Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
NHL Support

So not looking good.
Why is everyone so bent about PayPal? Why not just use a debit card?

Old
01-19-2013, 01:56 AM
Greecian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaBudsFan View Post
http://www.gamezone.com/news/nhl-gam...n-xbox-360-ps3

This link claims the ps3 app is available but the ps3 store is down for maintenance... Hope it's back up tomorrow.
http://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/serv...sonyps3-vanity

This link also says "download the app right now," but like you said, Playstation Store has been down since yesterday. It's supposed to be up early in the morning.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:05 AM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greecian View Post
For anyone asking about blackouts, go to this website:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/ziplookup.htm?intcmpid=gcl-faq

Type in your zip code and it'll tell you which team will be blacked out. For instance, I live in Northern California, so all Sharks games are blacked out on Gamecenter and Center Ice because the games are available on my cable subscription.
NBC games are blacked out for Canadians too???

Old
01-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwine85 View Post
It will be blacked out on GCL, however you can watch Pens/Flyers on nbcsports.com
Specific link? Can Canadians watch?

Old
01-19-2013, 02:24 AM
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons

Does anyone know how strict the NHL is with sharing these accounts? I bought gamecenter to use on my laptop and Xbox, but my roommates also want to use it. Will my account get banned if multiple users are on it? It'd be three different computers, all on the same Internet in the same house, obviously.

Edit: I know two can't watch at once, just wondering if they let you share accounts at all.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:39 AM
Greecian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McG View Post
Does anyone know how strict the NHL is with sharing these accounts? I bought gamecenter to use on my laptop and Xbox, but my roommates also want to use it. Will my account get banned if multiple users are on it? It'd be three different computers, all on the same Internet in the same house, obviously.

Edit: I know two can't watch at once, just wondering if they let you share accounts at all.
There's really no way for them to prove that it isn't you watching on all three computers. I don't think it matters.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Faterson

I purchased the subscription via PayPal a couple of days ago. Was working normally then.

A question: has anyone in continental Europe been able to access NHL GameCenter via Apple TV? I apologize if this has been covered before.

On my Apple TV home screen, there is no NHL icon, only Major League Baseball. Thank you for any help.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:48 AM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
NBC games are blacked out for Canadians too???
I guess no one knows.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:59 AM
coastin*

Not sure if this has been posted but telus is going to have a free centre ice preview until the 31st.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:00 AM
Westlander
the olden time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I purchased the subscription via PayPal a couple of days ago. Was working normally then.

A question: has anyone in continental Europe been able to access NHL GameCenter via Apple TV? I apologize if this has been covered before.

On my Apple TV home screen, there is no NHL icon, only Major League Baseball. Thank you for any help.
It wasn't there for me automatically either. Here in the Netherlands, the MLB and NBA app are both there on the home screen, but the NHL one strangely isn't. In the Apple TV Settings you can change the location in the i-tunes store to Canada (or I guess US) and then the NHL should appear automatically (it did for me). The only downside is if you have a European i-Tunes account, you'll probably have to switch the location back again each time you want to buy something from i-Tunes.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:05 AM
CanadaCajanek21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McG View Post

Last year, my friend let me use his GCL account, since we are both Avs fans living in St. Louis. The only thing he told me was to wait a couple minutes after the game started for me to log in, and everything should be fine. I used it maybe 10 games last year, and never once did I ever get booted, and he never told me that he did. I usually used my laptop to watch and he usually used his Apple tv or PS3. Maybe that will change this year, but we both did watch last year on the same account, in different locations.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:29 AM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

I have a question. For anyone whoever used NHL Gamecenter on the iPod Touch or is capable of answering the question, how is the quality of the video? Of course you're going to run on Wi-Fi so I suspect there would be some lag issues here and there but would it be manageable to watch live-stream videos of games?

Old
01-19-2013, 03:36 AM
Bullwine85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Specific link? Can Canadians watch?
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/45340521

Don't know if canadians can watch, but it's worth a shot

Old
01-19-2013, 04:21 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlander View Post
It wasn't there for me automatically either. Here in the Netherlands, the MLB and NBA app are both there on the home screen, but the NHL one strangely isn't. In the Apple TV Settings you can change the location in the iTunes store to Canada (or I guess US) and then the NHL should appear automatically (it did for me).
Many thanks, Westlander, that worked like a charm!

What an incredible oversight on the part of NHL and/or Apple, to forget to include the NHL icon on the home screen in Europe. I mean, hockey is a lot more popular than baseball in Europe, and if we get to see the baseball app icon, the NHL should be there, too.

Do you have an idea, Westlander, if full-length replays will be offered via Apple TV, too? The menu item for replays is currently missing. This seems to contradict the FAQ on NHL.com, where it says that full-length replays will be available on Apple TV, too, even with the selection of home or away broadcasts, which never used to work for replays before.

Well, I hope that the FAQ will turn out to be correct, rather than someone just being careless writing them. It sucked the last few seasons that the NHL Vault was only available via traditional computers in a Flash-based video format. It sucked doubly for those of us in Europe who can't afford to spend the whole nights watching live games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
I have a question. For anyone whoever used NHL Gamecenter on the iPod Touch or is capable of answering the question, how is the quality of the video?
The quality is amazing. Don't hesitate, just buy it. I watched many NHL games last season on the iPhone, and I couldn't be happier about the quality. The picture was sharp like a knife every time.

Quote:
Of course you're going to run on Wi-Fi so I suspect there would be some lag issues here and there but would it be manageable to watch live-stream videos of games?
No lag issues here, despite WiFi. Not only have the live streams worked perfectly for me on the iPhone and iPad themselves, but, even more astonishingly, streaming them (!) from the iPhone/iPad to a traditional TV screen, via Apple TV, produced no lags whatsoever. I watched the entire Kings vs. Devils Stanley Cup finals last year streamed from the iPad to a 46-inch TV screen, and there were never any lags. And the picture quality was better than my regular local cable TV.

(Of course, it gets even simpler if you have the NHL app directly on Apple TV, hence my discussion with Westlander.)

Old
01-19-2013, 04:47 AM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Wow, thanks for the information. I'll be watching from work if I buy it which I just might. I'm just really itching for some hockey. Also one more question if you don't mind. I read somewhere you can't watch playoff games on GCL. Is that true? Or thats just for people who live in Canada since games would be blacked out?

Old
01-19-2013, 04:54 AM
BruinsFanAK

On gamecenter, does anyone know if it has the same type of functionality as mlb.tv, where you can choose to start a broadcast from the beginning if the games still going on?

Old
01-19-2013, 05:13 AM
Faterson

Quote:
I'll be watching from work if I buy it which I just might. I'm just really itching for some hockey.
Depends on the quality of your WiFi signal, of course. If your workplace has some restrictions in place that would throttle the available broadband capacity, there might be some issues. I think that for only $50 for the entire season, it's worth a try.

Quote:
Also one more question if you don't mind. I read somewhere you can't watch playoff games on GCL. Is that true? Or thats just for people who live in Canada since games would be blacked out?
The NHL's blackout practices are absolutely weird. The last few seasons when the NHL was launching the season in Europe, the whole of Europe got blacked out for those games in GameCenter, without the NHL bothering to distinguish between the many various European countries. So that in our case, it happened that there was no way for you to watch certain of those European NHL games in my country... They were neither shown on TV, nor accessible via GameCenter, despite my season-long NHL pass.

As to play-off games, I got to watch all of them without any problem. But I'm in Europe. I heard some Canadians/Americans got blacked out of some/many/all nationally televised games. There could be snafus similar to those with the European NHL games. I guess the first real test will come this afternoon, with a game like the Blackhawks @Kings, nationally televised on NBC. Many if not all GameCenter subscribers in North America may get blacked out for that game, but I hope I'll be able to watch it normally here in Europe. We got to see all NBC-covered games (both regular-season and play-offs) here in Europe last season, ditto for CBC and TSN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFanAK View Post
On gamecenter, does anyone know if it has the same type of functionality as mlb.tv, where you can choose to start a broadcast from the beginning if the games still going on?
Last season, I didn't see such an explicit option, but I think there was a manual slider that let you "rewind" the game to the very beginning, so you could start watching the game as if in "delayed live" mode, while it was still in progress.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:20 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned or not but I haven't confirmed this yet but I'm now being told that Rogers is offering NHL Centre Ice as a Stand Alone Product again and that you do Not have to buy the Super Sports Package to get it.

I'll let you know once I confirm.

Closed Thread