HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vladimir Tarasenko (NHL) Discussion Thread (IV)

Old
01-11-2013, 05:23 PM
STL fan in IA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
He says some funny stuff on Twitter too. Cole changed his number to 28(which is apparently the number he's worn his whole life) this season, and he was going to change his twitter handle from Icole23 to Icole28 to correspond with the number change. He made the mistake of tweeting that out, and someone stole it before he had the chance to change. He was pretty upset lol. Perron chirped him about it too. He seems like a cool guy. I just hope he's as good of a hockey player.
Yeah, that was pretty funny! The kid that quickly signed up that twitter handle said that Cole could have it if he wanted it though. Agreeing with Perron re: #rookiemistake.

The gatorade comment was priceless though. Cole certainly has a good sense of humor!

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:50 PM
BlueDream

Yeah I think Cole will be a good guy in the locker room. He has a great personality.

You can tell that Tarasenko truly does want to be here. With all the "Russian factor" talk I admire his desire to play in the best league in the world. It will be fun to watch him. He seems like an energetic guy that will fit in perfectly on this younger team.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:06 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
That interview with Hitch on the Blues website right now sure as hell disproves that Hitchock hates Russians/Young players BS that is spewed on the main boards.

Play to his strengths and slowly work with him over the course of years to make sure he transitions the rest of his game? How in the nine hells will Tarasenko ever survive that?!? He will be ruined! RUINED I TELLS YOU!!

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Vinny Bombatz

Will he be starting with St-Louis?

Vinny Bombatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Bombatz View Post

Do bears poop in the woods?

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Mike Liut

I have a feeling Oshie and Tarasenko will hit it off well.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 12:03 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Bombatz View Post
Seriously? Of course he is.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 02:58 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

I was getting an autograph from Cole the other day and someone mentioned something about his number change and that they didn't recognize him anymore. He responded by looking at the guy, and saying, "What, you didn't recognize this face?"

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:17 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Bahahaha!!!

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:38 AM
Oshie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
Bahahaha!!!
Sounds like he fitting in just fine. Can't wait to see his 1st game.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:26 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Do bears poop in the woods?
Not sure. I've only ever seen bears poop at the zoo...

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Flame Demers*

Devils fan coming in peace. I picked up this guy with the last pick in my fantasy draft . . . how good is this guy/.

I know hitch likes 2 way players, will this be an issue?

Flame Demers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:32 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Demers View Post
Devils fan coming in peace. I picked up this guy with the last pick in my fantasy draft . . . how good is this guy/.

I know hitch likes 2 way players, will this be an issue?
Shouldn't be an issue. Hitch was him penciled in on a line with Andy McDonald on left wing and Alex Steen as center. Steen playing center is my biggest concern with that line.

He will likely get second unit PP time.

For the last pick in a fantasy draft, I'd say you did pretty well. Low-risk, high-reward move IMO.

The talent is there. The main question is about transistioning to the NA ice surface, and with the shortened training camp and no pre-season games, it might take a bit for him to adjust. If he doesn't start producing right away, just be patient.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:07 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

From @OSH74 on Tarasenko's nickname: We were calling him The Tank, but he doesn't like that. So, we're thinking about calling him Frank.
Retweetet von TJ Oshie

pretty sure it never gets boring with TJ in the locker-room!

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:21 PM
pricer502

vCash: 250
Curious what you guys think will be the signature Tarasenko goal? Every player seems to have their go to move or goal scoring shot. Toe drag to the center and wrister?

pricer502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:39 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricer502 View Post
Curious what you guys think will be the signature Tarasenko goal? Every player seems to have their go to move or goal scoring shot. Toe drag to the center and wrister?
Considering he plays the off-wing, he tends to toe-drag to get around guys to the outside or simply to change the angle of the shot towards the outside, not to bring it to the center.

He really isn't a super fancy player despite his great skills, so I'm not sure he'll have a signature move. But my guess is that you'll see him score most often by one-timing or two-touching a pass and firing a shot high glove or five-hole. Or bringing it down the wing, cutting a bit into the middle, and wristing it high glove or low stick.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:42 AM
CarvinSigX

I've been noticing a lot of the analysts have been overlooking Tarasenko. E.J. Hradek went on and on about Brunner, yet when he spoke briefly about Tarasenko, he said he "watched him a couple times with the national team" and doesn't know if he's ready to produce at this level. Button thinks Schultz will lead in points AND goals, while Mike Johnson called Tarasenko a dark horse to score the most rookie goals. Has he been overhyped or are these guys clueless? Personally, I think he has a shot of being a perennial threat for 25-30 goals and 55-60 points once he finds his game. Is that too high?

Old
01-19-2013, 05:18 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

It's sad, but I guess its because we've only been "elite" one year. We dont get much respect around HF or in the everyday world. People on the main boards still call us overrated hahaha.

And last night at my hockey pool, some dumbass didnt know who David Perron was!!!

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:27 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
I've been noticing a lot of the analysts have been overlooking Tarasenko. E.J. Hradek went on and on about Brunner, yet when he spoke briefly about Tarasenko, he said he "watched him a couple times with the national team" and doesn't know if he's ready to produce at this level. Button thinks Schultz will lead in points AND goals, while Mike Johnson called Tarasenko a dark horse to score the most rookie goals. Has he been overhyped or are these guys clueless? Personally, I think he has a shot of being a perennial threat for 25-30 goals and 55-60 points once he finds his game. Is that too high?
He doesn't play for the Rangers, Canucks, Bruins, Kings, or Leafs. Therefore, he's going to be terrible.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:32 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
It's sad, but I guess its because we've only been "elite" one year. We dont get much respect around HF or in the everyday world. People on the main boards still call us overrated hahaha.

And last night at my hockey pool, some dumbass didnt know who David Perron was!!!
like MattyMo said, you don't have to be on an "elite" team, you have to be on the "right" team...

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

True

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:45 AM
stlblues9

The Blues locker room seems like a fun place to be with a bunch of really great guys. It's something I noticed last year, they all seem to really like eachother and you can see it on the ice. I think that's one of the main reasons they do so well. They have such great chemistry together.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:36 AM
The Note
Expectations: Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
He doesn't play for the Rangers, Canucks, Bruins, Kings, or Leafs. Therefore, he's going to be terrible.
Yeah this is basically it. If he was suiting up for Toronto tonight he'd be penciled in for 35 goals in 48 games, but since he plays for a mid market in the midwest he's a "darkhorse."

The Note is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:42 AM
CarvinSigX

For the record, I screwed that up a bit. Johnson actually said he was going off the board with his pick, but it's the same thing really.

Old
01-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
I watched that show, as well. But, I remember Mike Johnson CHOOSING Tarasenko as HIS GUESS as to who will lead all NHL rookies in goal scoring. I think it was one of the other analysts who "couched" him as a "dark horse" to do that. Johnson has faith that Tarasenko is the best bet to lead all rookies in goal scoring.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote