HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Rochester Americans / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed.

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2013, 09:50 AM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
I like Mancari at the point. He's a proven producer in that spot over the years. Plus, he's good playing defense. Remember in his last stint he played some defense and was really solid. So he's not really a liability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Who should have been on the point instead of JGL? With Brennan up, who else could have been?
Anyone, really. Crawford, Pysyk, Biega, McNabb.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:04 AM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Who should have been on the point instead of JGL? With Brennan up, who else could have been?
My vote would be for Biega.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:06 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
I like Mancari at the point. He's a proven producer in that spot over the years. Plus, he's good playing defense. Remember in his last stint he played some defense and was really solid. So he's not really a liability.

Anyone, really. Crawford, Pysyk, Biega, McNabb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerksPuck View Post
My vote would be for Biega.
Has any other dman played on the top unit other than Brennan? and has RR tried anyone in that spot other than JGL since Brennan left?

Old
01-18-2013, 10:15 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Has any other dman played on the top unit other than Brennan? and has RR tried anyone in that spot other than JGL since Brennan left?
It was usually Brennan and McNabb. The pairings changed on the second unit.

Crawford is very underrated on the PP. Probably the teams best option at this point along with McNabb. I would have Crawford/Mancari on the first unit. McNabb/Biega on the second.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Jacob582

Darcy Regier: "Adam Pardy has been assigned to Rochester, so he will play there tonight."

Old
01-18-2013, 08:11 PM
cybresabre
Sir Hellcat

Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Seemingly a mild mannered game so far.

1. RCH Mancari, (11) (Porter, Sundher), 14:17
2. RCH Flynn, (13) (Adam, Crawford), 4:41
2. RCH Rankin, (9) (Schofield, Varone), 7:05
2. SYR Nightingale, (1) (Johnson, Palat), 16:31
3. RCH Varone, (4) (Biega, Schofield), 14:14

It looks like a Biega shot from the point bounces around a bit (Rankin? Varone?) and gives the Amerks the 4-1 lead.

Schofield picks up his second assist of the game.

Shots end up 27-27. Amerks win 4-1. I listened to the last 10 minutes, it sounds like a pretty good performance by Rochester. The team had control of the game for the most part, according to the announcers.

Last edited by cybresabre: 01-18-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old
01-18-2013, 08:29 PM
sabrefan27

Pardy was THE difference. No doubt in my mind. He was an NHLer playing in the AHL. Amazing what a veteran presence does for a defense.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:38 PM
cybresabre
Sir Hellcat

Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Pardy was THE difference. No doubt in my mind. He was an NHLer playing in the AHL. Amazing what a veteran presence does for a defense.
He's getting a lot of praise on the postgame show, too. It'll be great to have him practicing with the squad. Teach those pups how to grow up.
Sounds like he's a big hit with other fans, too. "Pardy is the guy we wanted Finley to be."

Old
01-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
I particularly enjoyed the people on Twitter saying he's better than Leopold and Sekera!

Old
01-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
He's worth the wait

Old
01-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Jacob582

and Pardy hadn't played a game in 9 months.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I particularly enjoyed the people on Twitter saying he's better than Leopold and Sekera!
and a fan who was mad they didn't waive Regehr over Pardy.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Other than 10 minutes where Rochester hid in their bunkers while the Crunch bombed them, the Amerks looked good. I really liked Biega and Pardy. Porter had the motor running all night, too. Even Luke Adam had his moments, particularly on that second goal where he split the defenders and set it up with that beautiful back pass.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Just got back from the game. Pardy was great. Even though he's not listed that much bigger than McNabb he looks and plays so much bigger. Anyone that thought they could bring the puck up the wall against him quickly found out they were going into it. I like Sundher the more I watch him, I think he has potential to a great energy player with size. It hasn't translated to the pro level yet but he has some slick hands too.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:06 PM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerksPuck View Post
haha you can't be serious? are you watching these games? His best asset? he is AWFUL on the pp, constantly turning the puck over and missing passes on his tape....him being lights out in the "Q" is not transferring to the "A"...
No, I haven't watched the Amerks (I don't get their games). However, you have one of our top 10 prospects and you are not developing him! His best asset is his PP, period! I'm not sure where problem is but he came into this season as a top flight prospect and can't even seem to play in the league. The same goes for Sundner and now somehow Psysk seems to be regressing (along with McNabb). The only prospects moving forward are the ones not sent to Rochester (Grigs, Catennacci, McCabe). I find it's painful to get Amerks updates anymore.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:04 AM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
No, I haven't watched the Amerks (I don't get their games). However, you have one of our top 10 prospects and you are not developing him! His best asset is his PP, period! I'm not sure where problem is but he came into this season as a top flight prospect and can't even seem to play in the league. The same goes for Sundner and now somehow Psysk seems to be regressing (along with McNabb). The only prospects moving forward are the ones not sent to Rochester (Grigs, Catennacci, McCabe). I find it's painful to get Amerks updates anymore.
That's not just the Amerks fault though, a lot of the blame can be attributed to the coach and the overall roster quality, both of which the Sabres are responsible.
I find the constant nagging from some Rochester-fans pretty annoying but you can't deny that they have some valid points and JGL having problems in his first pro-season isn't just Rochesters fault, the player as well as the Sabres are just as much to blame.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:20 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
Not true. Some prospect's production/play has fallen off this year (McNabb, Varone). Pysyk and Sundher are fine. Sundher had one of his best games last night. He is playing a prominent role on the 2nd line now that the lockout is over.

Other prospects like Brennan, Flynn, Foligno and Girgensons have progressed as well.

JGL is a top flight prospect, but his defense has been a ? since before he was drafted.

Last edited by Jacob582: 01-19-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old
01-19-2013, 07:24 AM
aceface33

Pardy time, excellent.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Pardy was awesome last night. Great skater for his size, very physical, and he is pretty composed with the puck too. He had a few real nice plays with the puck where he got it in traffic, didn't just bat it away and used his size, reach, and skating ability to get it to open ice. He was impressive. The Pardy/Biega pairing was dominant last night.

By far the best player on the ice for either team for me was Kevin Porter. The man was playing like a man possessed last night. He was awesome.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
Pardy was awesome last night. Great skater for his size, very physical, and he is pretty composed with the puck too. He had a few real nice plays with the puck where he got it in traffic, didn't just bat it away and used his size, reach, and skating ability to get it to open ice. He was impressive. The Pardy/Biega pairing was dominant last night.

By far the best player on the ice for either team for me was Kevin Porter. The man was playing like a man possessed last night. He was awesome.
Agreed with all of the above. I also don't think the Sabres will carry 8 defenseman now knowing that Pardy is in Rochester and capable of coming up without re-entry waivers if needed. Someone is certainly getting moved in the next week or two, particularly as Gerbe and McCormick come off IR.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
He would drive me insane as an imposing player. If his stick isn't on the ice it's cross checking someone in the ribs behind the play. He had at least 3 partial breakaways last night, he manages to allude not only refs but opposing players very week.

Speaking of not throwing the puck into traffic, how about McNabb and Tarnasky with at least 3 failed clearing attempts EACH in a span of 2 minutes at the 2nd. I'm a huge Tarnasky fan but that was ugly.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
It sounds like Parody is exactly what the Amerks needed. Will he be their number 1? I'd like to see the Sabres send Weber down if they don't get finley back, but i doubt he would clear waivers.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
#Amerks D Matt MacKenzie (concussion) has rejoined team. Was shut down for a month. Will return to practice, per #Sabres GM Darcy Regier.

Link: https://twitter.com/kevinoDandC/stat...72644845801472
Amerks will have nine healthy D soon.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
I can't imagine makes any additions to the Amerks now, even though they could still use some. I think the only help they'll get might be Matt Ellis being pushed through waivers after Gerbe and McCormick come off IR.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
I can't imagine makes any additions to the Amerks now, even though they could still use some. I think the only help they'll get might be Matt Ellis being pushed through waivers after Gerbe and McCormick come off IR.
Well, scratch that and make it eight, as Fienhage has been sent back to ECHL/Gwinnett:
Quote:
Rob Sanderson ‏@DropThePuckWHTK
#Amerks have loaned D Corey Fienhage back to ECHL Gwinnett. Was recalled this week, didn't play..was expected to dress Fri if Pardy didn't.

Link: https://twitter.com/DropThePuckWHTK/...91527954755584

Closed Thread