HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2013, 08:18 AM
  #401
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajvan View Post
And our TV gives us only one game (Kings)... maybe GCL will change this before games. I hope
It would be outrageous if they blocked a single of those opening games today, let alone all 3. I hope that that is a mistake. I can see no blackout announcement on my iPad or Apple TV. (But would I?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutz View Post
I guess we'll have to wait a little to see if it works or not
Exactly...

Faterson is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:19 AM
  #402
luki here
Registered User
 
luki here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vienna
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
It would be outrageous if they blocked a single of those opening games today, let alone all 3. I hope that that is a mistake. I can see no blackout announcement on my iPad or Apple TV. (But would I?)


Exactly...
if we are talking about gamecenter:
just send them an email 10 minutes before game starts, with your ip, and ask them to unblock the channel for your ip. worked for me every time last year.

luki here is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:20 AM
  #403
IowaBudsFan
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaBudsFan View Post
http://www.gamezone.com/news/nhl-gam...n-xbox-360-ps3

This link claims the ps3 app is available but the ps3 store is down for maintenance... Hope it's back up tomorrow.
Welp, this didnt happen...

IowaBudsFan is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:33 AM
  #404
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luki here View Post
if we are talking about gamecenter:
just send them an email 10 minutes before game starts, with your ip, and ask them to unblock the channel for your ip. worked for me every time last year.
Wow, that's great! Dankeschön, Nachbar...

Faterson is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:47 AM
  #405
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,532
vCash: 500
Trying to set my Ps3 app up ahead of time this morning. So it looks like other people are still getting the version for last season as well and can't link to their account? Really hope this corrected soon

BringBackStevens is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:52 AM
  #406
Kesid
The House of Penguin
 
Kesid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajvan View Post
Strange situation.

Im from Europe (Ukraine) and yesterday renewed my GCL subcribtion. Last year I watched all games (and playoffs) without any blackouts, but now I found that some games today will be blackout: Pens - Flyers, Kings - Hawks and Habs - Leafs.

"This game is not available due to blackout restrictions in your area. For more information on blackouts, please read our FAQ".

And our TV gives us only one game (Kings)... maybe GCL will change this before games. I hope
I'm from Czech republic and I was able to watch all Pens games and all playoff games last year, but now I found that Pens-Flyers and Kings-Hawks games will be blackout

Kesid is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:55 AM
  #407
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 74,118
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by luki here View Post
if we are talking about gamecenter:
just send them an email 10 minutes before game starts, with your ip, and ask them to unblock the channel for your ip. worked for me every time last year.
How do you find your IP?

Shrimper is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:57 AM
  #408
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Robert Baratheon
 
Frederick Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
How do you find your IP?
http://www.whatismyip.com/

Frederick Stanley is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:58 AM
  #409
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 74,118
vCash: 50
Awesome. What e-mail address do you send it to?

Shrimper is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:00 AM
  #410
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesid View Post
I'm from Czech republic and I was able to watch all Pens games and all playoff games last year, but now I found that Pens-Flyers and Kings-Hawks games will be blackout
Let's hope this is a mistake on the part of the NHL. Because even if one of those 2 games was shown on our regional TVs, they wouldn't show both games.

So if there is a blackout tonight, let's all start bombarding them with those IP-unblock requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
How do you find your IP?
https://www.google.com/search?&q=what+is+my+ip

Google gives you your IP address right there at the top of the results page, no need to dig any further.

Faterson is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:02 AM
  #411
Pugs135
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
schedules

Are there updated schedules anywhere for what games are available on CI and GCL for my zip code? All I can find is a April 2012 schedule.

Pugs135 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:03 AM
  #412
Harvey Specter
Boooooone
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oxford-Malmö-Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,337
vCash: 500
so i posted in this thread a few days ago that i was a subscriber last year, still seemed to have access then and no account charge. now i dont have access and no charge. anyone else in that boat? just being cautious before i go ahead and pay now...

would also be interested in the email address to request an IP lift before games. quite skeptical tbh but if it works then that saves a lot of hassle and lets us watch the games we want more easily...

Harvey Specter is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:05 AM
  #413
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Robert Baratheon
 
Frederick Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Awesome. What e-mail address do you send it to?
http://www.nhl.com/ice/gclsupport.ht...=gcl-cs-module

They must have changed the form, but I think it's still the right one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
so i posted in this thread a few days ago that i was a subscriber last year, still seemed to have access then and no account charge. now i dont have access and no charge. anyone else in that boat? just being cautious before i go ahead and pay now...

would also be interested in the email address to request an IP lift before games. quite skeptical tbh but if it works then that saves a lot of hassle and lets us watch the games we want more easily...
Apparently you cannot be charged twice. If you're on auto renewal and subcribe manually, it'll remove the auto renewal from your account.

Frederick Stanley is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:14 AM
  #414
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Besides sending them a message via the form, you can also chat with them directly, or give them a call. Go here:

http://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/help.htm

and you can see 3 contact support options in the top right corner of your screen. When I open the chat window now, it says:

Quote:
The live chat is currently offline. Please check back 1 hour before live games begin. For urgent matters involving NHL GameCenter™, NHL GameCenter LIVE™ or NHL Vault™ you may submit a question via nhl.com/gamecentersupport or call 1-866-210-6349 (for North America), 1-407-708-1356 (for International).

Faterson is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:14 AM
  #415
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 74,118
vCash: 50
Cheers, FS. Will send them an e-mail to see if I can get out of the blackouts along with my IP so they can do it.

Shrimper is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:23 AM
  #416
markmark
Registered User
 
markmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SW London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
My first post...

Those of you in the UK - GCL blackout messages are coming up for the following:

Flyers vs Penguins
Leafs vs Habs

These 2 were expected as Premier Sports are showing them live.

However, the following are blacked out when you click on them, even though Premier Sports aren't even showing them live (showing them delayed):

Blackhawks vs Kings
Caps vs Lightning

I cannot believe that a terrible channel that nobody wants has ruined viewing rights for this sport over here

markmark is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:24 AM
  #417
OthmarAmmann
Money making machine
 
OthmarAmmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Trying to set my Ps3 app up ahead of time this morning. So it looks like other people are still getting the version for last season as well and can't link to their account? Really hope this corrected soon
Yup. And ps3.com/NHL takes me to the PS3 GCL page at NHL.com, where it says the 2013 app is "coming soon"

OthmarAmmann is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:25 AM
  #418
Harvey Specter
Boooooone
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oxford-Malmö-Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmark View Post
My first post...

Those of you in the UK - GCL blackout messages are coming up for the following:

Flyers vs Penguins
Leafs vs Habs

These 2 were expected as Premier Sports are showing them live.

However, the following are blacked out when you click on them, even though Premier Sports aren't even showing them live (showing them delayed):

Blackhawks vs Kings
Caps vs Lightning

I cannot believe that a terrible channel that nobody wants has ruined viewing rights for this sport over here
WTF???

I'm a caps fan and hawks-kings was the 8pm game I'd watch since they already blacked out PHI-PIT!!!!!!

Harvey Specter is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:28 AM
  #419
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas L View Post
Yup. And ps3.com/NHL takes me to the PS3 GCL page at NHL.com, where it says the 2013 app is "coming soon"
Yes, same thing happening over here.

I'm hoping they just have something on a timer that at say, noon everything will become available.

BringBackStevens is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:29 AM
  #420
HartnellDown
Registered User
 
HartnellDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Just signed up for GCL. The vault games I guess are still not fixed. Having major issues like everyone else with buffering. Pretty much unwatchable.

HartnellDown is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:31 AM
  #421
city2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
WTF???

I'm a caps fan and hawks-kings was the 8pm game I'd watch since they already blacked out PHI-PIT!!!!!!
Premier Sports posted this on their Facebook wall earlier in the week, "It is from a clause in the contract. It only affects games we show live not delayed. "regarding blackouts so GCL should not be blacking us out of delayed games. Hopefully this will get fixed but i'm not holding my breath.

city2000 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:33 AM
  #422
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,526
vCash: 500
It's a nice feeling seeing all the games listed on my Bell programming guide again

I believe this will be the 10th or 11th straight year I've had the Center Ice package.

__________________
Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1382901
Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:10 AM
  #423
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartnellDown View Post
Just signed up for GCL. The vault games I guess are still not fixed. Having major issues like everyone else with buffering. Pretty much unwatchable.
Vault games are Flash-based and use a completely different (and outdated) technology compared to the GameCenter Live broadcasts. I never had any issues with buffering or time-outs in GCL last season. (Nor, indeed, in the Vault replays, but they're extremely inconvenient due to being imprisoned in the Flash format.)

Faterson is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:16 AM
  #424
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 74,118
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by city2000 View Post
Premier Sports posted this on their Facebook wall earlier in the week, "It is from a clause in the contract. It only affects games we show live not delayed. "regarding blackouts so GCL should not be blacking us out of delayed games. Hopefully this will get fixed but i'm not holding my breath.
Yeah, delayed games shouldn't be blacked out.

Looks like I'll be using more VPN's that I'd hoped.

Shrimper is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:19 AM
  #425
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...
 
774EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: 2 close 2 LeafNation
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,779
vCash: 500
Is the Gamcenter App on Apple TV missing for anyone else? It was there all week, but now it is gone.

Also, does anyone have a solution to the HDCP problem? I have my Atv2 connected to an older tv and I get this message when I try to access the vault. From what I read, it is a compatibility problem.

774EVER is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.