HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 05:38 AM
Mister Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Not the greatest comparison. Staal wasn't a case of money or perceived value. He signed in Carolina the exact contract Shero had offered him a few weeks before.
No, it was one dollar more.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:59 AM
wej20

Don't see Habs trading Subban unless they get at least 1 proven young NHLer in return.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:02 AM
Domino11

As a habs fan I say no big time to this deal .. We can get way better then vlasic for subban way more

Old
01-19-2013, 06:05 AM
Domino11

Personal opinion bogo is not close to subban value !! Subban is better offensively and better defensively ...

Old
01-19-2013, 07:09 AM
Maxpac

Value is fair because Kane is younger than Plekanec and Gionta. But please, Subban >> Bogosian, by a fair margin too. Even if Subban were to have already hit his full potential, he's a 2-way physical #1 defensmen that makes any team better, you can't say that about Bogosian right now.

Old
01-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
You seem quite angry. Calm down. I don't like P.K. Subban.
You don't like him for reasons that aren't true. He has no attitude problems, he had 2 scrums last season because he's too intense during practice for certain players that don't like getting roughed up in the corners when it's not game time. These "locker room presence" comments is like 2 years ago, defending his rumored mediocre play in his zone, which we defended time and time again until it was just too evident that there was no issues with his play in his own zone...

Old
01-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
A 3rd line center and a defenseman almost no Penguins fans even want on the team even if they had to pay to get rid of him for a top pairing D?

I feel pretty confident that Montreal would turn that down.

I also think that the Habs would want either Neal, Letang, or a package of Derrick Pouliot, Olli Maatta, and Beau Bennett. You might be able to get away with replacing one of those with a first round pick, but none of those players looks like they will be as good as Subban.

Just think what the Penguins would want for Letang because Subban and Letang probably have almost the same value.
I actually think Letang is worth quite a bit more than Subban.

Old
01-19-2013, 07:34 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
The only way I see PK moved is if he outright says he won't sign in Montreal.

So playing along I would say the Penguins are not a good fit since they already have some bigger contracts and the cap will be coming down.

I think a team like Detroit would show interest in Subban, they would probably be willing to give up their 1st round pick if they felt it would get them into the playoffs. Maybe the Habs could get a 1st plus Nyquist for PK. The if the Wing falter the Habs have an extra shot at the 1st overall pick and at the very least a mid-round pick in a deep draft.

Old
01-19-2013, 07:40 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
It is Subban everyone is talking about??

Old
01-19-2013, 07:41 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
I actually think Letang is worth quite a bit more than Subban.
Not me, a little more but not a lot.

I also think that in the long run Subban will be every bit the player Letang is.

I'm a Bruins fan, I wish I didn't think that!

Old
01-19-2013, 07:53 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Personal opinion bogo is not close to subban value !! Subban is better offensively and better defensively ...
I will give you offensively but not defensively.

And to the OP jets pass

Old
01-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I will give you offensively but not defensively.

And to the OP jets pass
It not a good deal for the jet I agree with u .. Kane is a beast .. For mtl it a good deal but it won't sorry mtl we need to be realistic !!

Old
01-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cradorium View Post
To : Vlasic+Demers

To : Subban+Weber

Thoughts?
Easy NO from the habs... does anyone watch tv? haven't you heard THAT HE WILL NOT BE TRADED and on this site there is just trade after trade after trade..etc. I mean he's not being dealt and there is not enough to get P.K there he is worth a lot more to us then to other teams and it's pretty clear....please stop with these fantasy proposals HE'S NOT GOING TO BE TRADED!!!

Old
01-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
subban, plekanec , gionta
for kane and bogosian

or

subban, plekanec, gallagher or kristo plus a 2nd. Maybe even through in weber if jets are short on right d

flame away
for the 5th time in in the last two days, pk is not getting traded.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:27 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
Hab fans don't want to trade Subban, Jets fans don't want to trade Bogo (or Kane), so the discussion has fallen to a who's better debate between Subban and Bogo. Montreal fans pick Subban and Jets fans pick Bogo...colour me surprised.

Truth is both are good young d-man who will spend their career's on the top pairing...teams don't trade players like that away even for each other.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:38 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Maybe because he's missed so much time to injury that his body isn't broken.
Maybe , but one good hit and he is broken again . But i guess then he will still be fresh when he 40 .

Old
01-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

How about Subban for Kane + 2nd pick

Old
01-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Hossa for Gionta and Beaulieu + 2nd pick

Old
01-19-2013, 08:46 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
How about Subban for Kane + 2nd pick
That would certainly be intriguing: Jets would end up with Enstrom, Byfuglien, Bogosian, Subban and (eventually) Trouba. I think you could argue that that would be one of, if not the best bluelines in the league. Amount of cap devoted defense would be a problem though.

I love Subban's game - I seriously doubt any trade for him happens. I hope the Habs are able to lock him up soon. Similarly, Kane just signed a very reasonable long-term contract with the Jets, and I doubt he gets moved either.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Spitsfan67*

Please just make an all Subban trade proposal thread, He is not getting traded I mean what's wrong with you people already confirmed that 110% he won't be dealt..and you keep putting them down.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Huffer

Easy no from Winnipeg.

Bogo and Subban can be debated for the next 10 pages, but neither team trades their guy for the other straight up.

That leaves Kane for Pleks and Gionta, which is so obviously bad for Winnipeg that it shouldn't need explanation.

Even the second option is an obvious no.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:07 AM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Easy NO from the habs... does anyone watch tv? haven't you heard THAT HE WILL NOT BE TRADED and on this site there is just trade after trade after trade..etc. I mean he's not being dealt and there is not enough to get P.K there he is worth a lot more to us then to other teams and it's pretty clear....please stop with these fantasy proposals HE'S NOT GOING TO BE TRADED!!!
Don't give up hope yet. We may just find the right proposal where will get a solid young defenceman or solid forward that allows us to make another trade to shore up the defence. Don't give up.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:15 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Don't give up hope yet. We may just find the right proposal where will get a solid young defenceman or solid forward that allows us to make another trade to shore up the defence. Don't give up.
Do you think a GM is goin to overpay to get him because that's what it will take a huge overpayment and everyone knows it.... I mean Montreal fans would riot if they traded PK He is a bu fan Favourite.

Last edited by Spitsfan67*: 01-19-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old
01-19-2013, 09:17 AM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Easy no from Winnipeg.

Bogo and Subban can be debated for the next 10 pages, but neither team trades their guy for the other straight up.

That leaves Kane for Pleks and Gionta, which is so obviously bad for Winnipeg that it shouldn't need explanation.

Even the second option is an obvious no.
I agree. They should leave it at Subban for Bogosian. I would even go as far as giving a second and a prospect to make it happen. Whatever slight edge Subban would carry would be easily replaced with the intangibles that both bring to the table.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:45 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Please just make an all Subban trade proposal thread, He is not getting traded I mean what's wrong with you people already confirmed that 110% he won't be dealt..and you keep putting them down.
All Purpose PK Subban Overreaction Thread?

Closed Thread