HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 WBS Penguins Thread | Streak snapped, Syracuse ties conference finals at 1-1

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 01:05 AM
BeauKnows19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Thiessen simply is the hot goalie right now while Zatkoff is on a 5 game losing streak. No big deal I think.
Oh I see. Thanks

Old
01-13-2013, 02:22 AM
PensFan6687

I wonder how Dumoulin has looked recently. Seems to be piling up the points lately. He must have 4 points in his last 5 games.... something like that.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:54 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Great atmosphere last night. Lots of Flyers fans came out and of course seemed oblivious to the fact that they were seeing the Adirondack Phantoms play, chanting "Let's go Philly" and "Let's go Flyers." Some *******s even started chanting "Let's go Flyers" over the first few lines of the national anthem, which was being sung by an elementary school choir. Really happy to see a win and send them home grumbling since my best friend, also rabidly anti-Flyers came up for this weekend's games (and it's probably my second-to-last Baby Pens game, though the last one will be against Adirondack as well).

I really loved having season tickets, even if changing circumstances have me leaving a couple months before the end of the season and for the most part the team was really fun to watch and the fans were great. I hope to keep tabs on them, but the fact that the NHL is starting up again and I might be living on the other side of the country means that might not be likely. It'd be nice to see some of the young guys go on to great NHL careers with the NHL Penguins or otherwise.

Dumoulin in particular is a guy who might start looking a lot better should the lineup stabilize post-lockout. I've always thought he should shoot more and it looks like he's getting more confidence to take his chances from the point on the PP and jump in on the rush.

Old
01-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

dreams can come true.

Highland Park Hockey ‏@H_P_Hockey
This one I can confirm. Carl Sneep was told to pack his bags. I can only imagine this means he'll be in Wilkes-Barre soon. #AHL #WBSPens

Old
01-13-2013, 07:28 PM
wej20

makes sense, some spots have been freed up in WBS by training camp.

Old
01-14-2013, 01:11 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
makes sense, some spots have been freed up in WBS by training camp.

True, although Despres may very well end back up there. The Pens may carry 8 Dmen, like Shero said, but I don't think they'll carry 9, and I really think that if they were intent on keep Despres -- which in turn meant they would need to waive/trade Lovejoy -- I would think they would have done the latter already. (or at least will before training camp)

In other words, still a very good chance Despres ends up in WBS, because there's no point him staying up if he's sitting in the press box, and I don't think he's a top-6 guy over Bortuzzo or Strait just yet.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:41 AM
Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
dreams can come true.

This one I can confirm. Carl Sneep was told to pack his bags. I can only imagine this means he'll be in Wilkes-Barre soon. #AHL #WBSPens
Sneep seems to have been playing well in Wheeling recently. He scored a goal yesterday and got in a fight. I think he missed the Gordie Howe hat trick by an assist.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Solution

Wbs won tonight 4-2 against Norfolk. Holzapfel, Thompson, Grant, and Gibbons with the goals. Does anybody think that Thompson might be one of the guys who comes up tomorrow for the scrimmage? He seems to be playing well right now.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Sivek

Increased minutes/responsibilities are agreeing with Dumoulin. 2 assists tonight, a goal and assist last game and a goal in the game before that.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

In a full season Farnham is on pace for around 350 PIMs, that's insane.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Stecz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
In a full season Farnham is on pace for around 350 PIMs, that's insane.
He plays in real life like people do on NHL13. Bored at a whistle, so runs around and start fights.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:35 PM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solushun View Post
Wbs won tonight 4-2 against Norfolk. Holzapfel, Thompson, Grant, and Gibbons with the goals. Does anybody think that Thompson might be one of the guys who comes up tomorrow for the scrimmage? He seems to be playing well right now.
Have to think pretty much everyone is coming to Pittsburgh. They've got 26 guys in camp and need 14 more (12 skaters plus Zatkoff and Thiessen) to play the full scrimmage. They probably only have nine or 10 healthy forwards on NHL contracts still in Wilkes-Barre.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by shureshot66 View Post
Have to think pretty much everyone is coming to Pittsburgh. They've got 26 guys in camp and need 14 more (12 skaters plus Zatkoff and Thiessen) to play the full scrimmage. They probably only have nine or 10 healthy forwards on NHL contracts still in Wilkes-Barre.
yeah looks like the whole gang is coming along:

Quote:
Spoke to @WBSPenguins head coach John Hynes after the game. A list of who will be with @penguins tomorrow: #NHL #Pens
Quote:
I spoke with John Hynes after the game, who had this to say regarding players from the AHL Penguins heading to Pittsburgh tomorrow: all guys on NHL deals will be heading out to join the rest of the guys in Pittsburgh for tomorrow's scrimmage. He said it was good to give all those guys a taste of NHL training camp.

Old
01-15-2013, 10:58 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecz View Post
He plays in real life like people do on NHL13. Bored at a whistle, so runs around and start fights.
He needs to start hitting the 'punch' button.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

I like Farnham a bit more than I would if that weren't his last name, as he shares it with legendary singer/composer John Farnham, who did the music for the even more epic movie '"RAD"

Old
01-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
Increased minutes/responsibilities are agreeing with Dumoulin. 2 assists tonight, a goal and assist last game and a goal in the game before that.
Very nice to see

Old
01-17-2013, 07:57 PM
wej20

Bennett's selected for the AHL All Star game.

Old
01-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Sivek

Since roster moves are over, WBS's line situations according to Bombulie are

Dumoulin-Reese
Morrow-Samuelsson
Mormina-Grant

top 2 forwards lines

Holzapfel-Smith-Thompson
Bennett-Megna-Ferriero

Old
01-18-2013, 04:55 PM
wej20

big chance for Bennett, Megna and Morrow to step up, hopefully they all do.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Jacob

The lockout ending + Strait waiver claim is great news for our prospects.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:37 PM
wej20

interested to hear how far the level of the AHL drops with the end of the NHL lockout.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:20 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
I like Farnham a bit more than I would if that weren't his last name, as he shares it with legendary singer/composer John Farnham, who did the music for the even more epic movie '"RAD"
I didn't even make that connection.

They need to start playing this when Farnham is stirring things up.

This would be great video board fodder after a Farnham fight, too.

I might actually e-mail these suggestions to the season ticket guy.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:32 AM
MonsterSurge

I'd like to point out something...The lockout has royally screwed the ECHL/CHL/SPHL teams. The AHL isn't bad at all.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:05 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
The lockout ending + Strait waiver claim is great news for our prospects.

I agree, this is the silver lining here. It's shame to lose Strait for nothing, especially when I would have thought we could have got a mid-round pick at he least for him. NYI picked him up, and I have ZERO doubt that some of the teams who immediately were eligable next to claim him -- specifically MIN, WIN, COL, WSH and several others, some of which will be our direct competition, would have claimed him, too -- it really doesn't change our long-term outlook, but it certainly does give our other top prospects a short-term BIG opportunity to really step it up. And specifically, Samuelsson and Morrow, who are now in the top-4 due to Strait's departure.

I say that this doesn't change our long-term plans because, from the moment we drafted Harrington last summer, in my eyes, Strait was done in this organization. Harry brough every good thing that Strait brings to the table but with way more overall upside, NHL readiness and offensive upside, and will be NHL ready as soon as next season. If my (not as much as when I said this last year) controversial prediction is true, Strait would have suited up for virtually no games, unless it was due to injury this season; and Harrington will supplant him as soon as next season.

It was a shame to get nothing for him, but it opens the door big-time for a lot of other guys, and maybe that's enough of a return in and of itself.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Burgs

The Baby Pens have signed Nailers defenseman Cody Wild to an AHL contract. Wild spent most of 11-12 with WBS so he knows the system. So they have an extra body on D now. A bit surprising that they did not simply recall Carl Sneep, though.

Closed Thread