HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Iggy and Kipper to CBj for a 1st and Boone

Old
01-19-2013, 02:51 AM
P U L L H A R D
#shewenttoharvard

vCash: 420
I think Calgary should do what St Louis did with their vets 5-10 years ago, and keep trading Iginla at the deadline every year, and then re sign him in the Summer. Don't fool the other team, take less than what Iggy is worth as a rental with potential of re signing, just give up a solid prospect for a deep run with Jarome on your squad. Calgary rebuilds, keeps getting their leader back, Iggy helps his team out by bringing in young guns and then mentoring them up to the deadline. Would probably never happen, but it would be awesome and would stock Calgary's cupboard nicely.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:10 AM
TSA0402

vCash: 500
The value is pretty good, the reasoning isn't there though.

Sure, Columbus finished the season with a good record, but that alone can't justify lifting a 65 point team out of a rebuild mode.

Columbus is a team that could surprise people this year, but this is a trade that simply cannot be made.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:50 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
The value is pretty good, the reasoning isn't there though.

Sure, Columbus finished the season with a good record, but that alone can't justify lifting a 65 point team out of a rebuild mode.

Columbus is a team that could surprise people this year, but this is a trade that simply cannot be made.
value is good? Iginla would fetch more than that on his own.

that is horrible value

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:53 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
I don't see it happening.
The Coyotes will be one of the few teams Iginla would waive his NMC to play with. He is familiar with Playfair, Is good friends with Doan ever since they played together in Juniors. Played on the same team with Lombardi and Moss. Would be a great fit. Coyotes should repeat the same success they had last season and be playoff bound. The Coyotes have the assets to pull off a trade of that magnitude.

~ the 20 game mark, the Flames will have to make a decision then. Iginla's contract would be prorated ~ $1.7 mil, or about what one playoff round nets you in additional revenue. I see it as real option, but I do still see the Flames as a bubble team. However, they do have the same problem that the Coyotes have. With this abbreviated, compact season, they will have to trust their backup goaltender more often.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
If their offense is average and their goaltending is "meh" they probably wont be in playoff contention.
I would assume because they have "great" defence.

01-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Guido Sarducci

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
The Coyotes will be one of the few teams Iginla would waive his NMC to play with. He is familiar with Playfair, Is good friends with Doan ever since they played together in Juniors. Played on the same team with Lombardi and Moss. Would be a great fit. Coyotes should repeat the same success they had last season and be playoff bound. The Coyotes have the assets to pull off a trade of that magnitude.

~ the 20 game mark, the Flames will have to make a decision then. Iginla's contract would be prorated ~ $1.7 mil, or about what one playoff round nets you in additional revenue. I see it as real option, but I do still see the Flames as a bubble team. However, they do have the same problem that the Coyotes have. With this abbreviated, compact season, they will have to trust their backup goaltender more often.
The whole core of the 06/07 Flames threw Playfair under the bus and Playfair not so secretly blames Iginla for his dismissal. That being said, if the Coyotes ever had the chance to trade for Iginla i'm sure it wouldn't be hard to replace Playfair.

Guido Sarducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:34 AM
JackJ

Not happening. Blue Jackets are well on their way to building an excellent young team.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Haatley

vCash: 681
This deal would be lucky to get the jackets one of these two players. Better start adding another first and another good prospect before you get both.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:09 AM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
After the JJ trade CBJ was .500.

After getting Foligno, Dubinsky, and Anisimov. and trading Nash, they GAINED goals while improving defense.

Boveda and I agree CBJ will be a .500 team they can be in the running for the 8th seed.

As for LA, they were the 8th seed till they rode Quick till he broke his back.

Doing the projections I can see CBJ above LAK.

thanks for that, I really needed the laugh

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:29 AM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
After the JJ trade CBJ was .500.

After getting Foligno, Dubinsky, and Anisimov. and trading Nash, they GAINED goals while improving defense.

Boveda and I agree CBJ will be a .500 team they can be in the running for the 8th seed.

As for LA, they were the 8th seed till they rode Quick till he broke his back.

Doing the projections I can see CBJ above LAK.
Sorry, I don't see a Richards, Carter, Kopitar, Doughty, or a Quick player on the Blue Jackets squad.

There's no way that CBJ finishes ahead of LA.

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:05 AM
tfong

Cbj isn't in a position to make this trade nor is that enough.

Paul Gaustad got a 1st and Iggy has to share it with Kipper??? Wth is that???

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Doug19

This is one of those bad trade for both teams deal.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:00 PM
hizzoner
HFBoards Sponsor

I do not see the Blue Jackets changing course and giving up what is likely a top 5 pick-I do not share the belief that they will be a mid level team-and a good young big centre. I and K are very good players but not what the Jackets need or want right now. I can see the Flames trying to emulate the Oilers with something like this if after a few games it is clear they are not Stanley Cup bound.

hizzoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:08 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Terrible value for Iggy and Kipper, the Flames get better offers elsewhere if both players are being moved.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Pepper

That trade would be so horribly bad for BJs that they might just do it.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Flames rebuilder

It'd be hard to say no, if it was top 3! Jackets would be better off packaging their 2 extra first, Brassard and Boone, for a shot at Benn

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Sorry, I don't see a Richards, Carter, Kopitar, Doughty, or a Quick player on the Blue Jackets squad.

There's no way that CBJ finishes ahead of LA.

I kinda remember this...

As for the OP, nope, but I'll play along for value's sake.

Iggy and Kipper

for

Johansen, Dubinsky, Erixon(haha)/Savard, 1st, Mason/Bob.

I think the value is at least close, am I off?

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:02 PM
rockinghockey

Kipper by himself will get a package like that at the deadline
Iggy will also get a 1st and a prospect.
It does make sense having Iggy in PIT for their 1st and a prospect, the thing is would Iggy sign for a bit less and a few years in PIT. Could you imagen how great PIT woud be with him.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:07 PM
saillias

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post

To make a bold statement like "The Coyotes will be one of the few teams Iginla would waive his NMC to play with." you need a better argument than he's buddies with a few guys.

The vets in Calgary forced Playfair out in the first place.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:26 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

IDK, the only reason this struck me as a semi-reasonable offer was that a CBJ first is somewhat likely to be a top3 pick. So, with the premise being that CBJ is in the playoff hunt come deadline and will go on having Iginla and Kipper with a "great defense" to go along with them, no, no way in hell is Calgary considering that.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
I kinda remember this...

As for the OP, nope, but I'll play along for value's sake.

Iggy and Kipper

for

Joha
-no.

There's only one player that can get Johansen into the province of Alberta, and he doesn't play for the Flames. As much as I love Kipper and would want Iggy, Johansen is unfortunately in "not even straight up, just don't bother asking" territory.

As for the OP... can't comment.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Byrral

Bad trade value for Calgary. Bad trade for Columbus. CBJ youngest team in league will get younger when they draft three in the first round this year. Not trade them for vets (not that I don't like the players).

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:38 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Not enough value for Calgary, terrible trade for Columbus. Kipper and Iginla will make the Jackets as good as the Flames last season, and I'm sure there will be teams paying more for both.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Langdon Alger*

Not enough to get Iginla OR Kipper, never mind Iginla AND Kipper.

Langdon Alger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:59 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
This offer is horrible. Strong no.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote