HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 09:50 AM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Every time I read one of your posts I feel like I just ate a fortune cookie.
Because you believe the stereotype the Toronto media are big Leaf homers. I live in Toronto. It's constant crap on them 24/7.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Chaz McNulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
Nobody. Canucks would have to take some salary back to trade him.
I'm not sure if you're fishing, but I think everyone is forgetting about the teams that struggle to make the cap. How great would it be to pay 3M for a goalie and have him count 5.5M against the cap. Even when Luongo's cap hit is larger than his skill set, there will always be a market for him.

Old
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
did the Panthers not sign like 6 UFAs to crazy high contracts last yr? They are still way under the cap max.

Heck make Vancouver take back a contract like Upshall if the Luongo one is higher than they want.

Theodore should be a back up at this stage in his career. Its fine if they dont deal for Luongo but then Markstrom should be the man later this yr if they are not in the playoff race. If in it then next yr
Yeah they did, going from a budget floor team to one that's in the middle of the road. They don't have the financial freedom to spend to the cap, and even if they did, Theodore at $3m is a better call than Luongo at $6m.

Suggesting Theodore should be a backup at this point is an interesting suggestion, considering he was 2.46, .916, in 53 GP last year. What does that say about Luongo, who was 2.41, .919, in 55 GP last year?

Old
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
did the Panthers not sign like 6 UFAs to crazy high contracts last yr? They are still way under the cap max.

Heck make Vancouver take back a contract like Upshall if the Luongo one is higher than they want.

Theodore should be a back up at this stage in his career. Its fine if they dont deal for Luongo but then Markstrom should be the man later this yr if they are not in the playoff race. If in it then next yr
So, the guy takes an inferior team to the Canucks to the playoffs last season, puts up similar stats to Luongo....is 36 and he should be a backup? What does that make Luongo when he is 36 with 6 years left on contract?

If you guys are sick of hearing stuff like this, maybe don't issue the same comments.
Luongo is a great goalie, his contract is an issue...FLA has Theodore,Clemmer and Markstrom. They may not be interested in Luongo.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:55 AM
RogerRoeper*

53 22 16 11 3049 125 1502 2.46 .917

Uh, why should Theodore be a backup exactly? And he's got a short, cheap contract. Luongo's 10 years are crazy. He's only 2 years younger than Theodore.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Gardiner for Schneider?

Leafs are more in a rebuild mode and get a young goalie. Canucks keep one of the 5 goalie in the World in Lou. And they add defensive depth.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:12 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Gardiner for Schneider?

Leafs are more in a rebuild mode and get a young goalie. Canucks keep one of the 5 goalie in the World in Lou. And they add defensive depth.
Nah.

If the Leafs are trading Gardiner, it's in a deal for a proven #1 with youth on his side.... so realistically, they're not trading Gardiner.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Reign Nateo

Why is it still all Leafs fans in here? Deal looks dead with the Leafs and that seems to suit both fan bases anyway. In fact by the looks of things there isn't any deal that's close to happening, let this die, he won't be a Leaf. This thread is not a discussion anymore, it's degraded far past that. Because any reasonable poster would move on at this point.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:14 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Gardiner for Schneider?

This one at least makes some sense.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Why is it still all Leafs fans in here? Deal looks dead with the Leafs and that seems to suit both fan bases anyway. In fact by the looks of things there isn't any deal that's close to happening, let this die, he won't be a Leaf. This thread is not a discussion anymore, it's degraded far past that. Because any reasonable poster would move on at this point.
You know what, i actually agree, and i apologise for my part in it. I would invite all Leaf fans to leave this thread and let it go to the great thread graveyard in the sky.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:37 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Gardiner for Schneider?

Something around those 2 could make sense tho many fans on both sides wont think so.
Both somewhat unproven who looked pretty good so far.

Old
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
If it wasn't for the Luongo threads you'd still have 3,000 posts

Old
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Because you believe the stereotype the Toronto media are big Leaf homers. I live in Toronto. It's constant crap on them 24/7.
No, because your posts are crunchy and sweet.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:40 AM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Something around those 2 could make sense tho many fans on both sides wont think so.
Pretty good is an understatement for Schneider. He has been incredible. Whether he can keep up statistics similar to that over the course of an entire season is another thing. I just hope he stays healthy.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
So, the guy takes an inferior team to the Canucks to the playoffs last season, puts up similar stats to Luongo....is 36 and he should be a backup? What does that make Luongo when he is 36 with 6 years left on contract?
You might want to re-check those stats. Luongo has put up better stats than Theodore for 10 consecutive years. Theodore could have another good year - Luongo will have another good year. Big difference. Luongo is durable, consistent and reliable - Theodore is a question mark.

Bozak could produce similar to Ryan Getzlaf again. Doesn't mean these are comparable players.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:03 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Wouldn't do it from the Canucks end. Schneider has looked more than pretty good, he's looked dominant. Luongo is a world class goalie - Schneider looks better than him right now.

If I'm moving Schneider, a young centre with 1st line upside needs to be coming back IMO. Someone like Matt Duchene.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:04 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
You might want to re-check those stats. Luongo has put up better stats than Theodore for 10 consecutive years. Theodore could have another good year - Luongo will have another good year. Big difference. Luongo is durable, consistent and reliable - Theodore is a question mark.

Bozak could produce similar to Ryan Getzlaf again. Doesn't mean these are comparable players.
Checked again...

Theodore 2.46, .916, in 53 GP
Luongo 2.41, .919, in 55 GP

Looks pretty similar to me.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:06 AM
leaffansince1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKassian9 View Post
Why don't the Canucks just trade Lu for Markstrom instead of taking Leaf scraps. Then develop him and have another top tandem. Don't worry Leafs fans, Canucks don't want to trade with you either. Lu also doesn't want to play there.
That's very nice of you to offer Lu for Markstrom! Hmmm, Florida would be crazy not to take that offer. Why not trade your future goale for a very good goalie with a horrendous contract.

Maybe Gillis should consider the Gomez/Redden option. If this drags out to the summer of 2014, you'll be forced to buy him out.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:07 AM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Checked again...

Does this mean the Blues should say no to Lundqvist because they have Elliott?

Old
01-19-2013, 11:07 AM
JD12

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaffansince1961 View Post
That's very nice of you to offer Lu for Markstrom! Hmmm, Florida would be crazy not to take that offer. Why not trade your future goale for a very good goalie with a horrendous contract.

Maybe Gillis should consider the Gomez/Redden option. If this drags out to the summer of 2014, you'll be forced to buy him out.
Or..ya know, keep him and have a better backup than the Leafs have had starter in the last decade.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Checked again...

Yes, Reimer = Schneider, and Theodore = Luongo.

It's a wonder that Toronto and Florida are considered the frontrunners for a Luongo deal, then.

Because if I had Theodore/Reimer as a goaltending tandem, the only way I'd trade one of them is if a better goalie is coming back.

Moving on...

Old
01-19-2013, 11:08 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Does this mean the Blues should say no to Lundqvist because they have Elliott?
As of right now, yes, that would be one of the reasons they say no to Lundqvist. The biggest of course, being that they have a Halak-Elliott tandem who helped them be the best defensive team in the league last year.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Checked again...

10 consecutive years with better numbers. Drink it in. Process it. Respond.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
With Edler re-signed, Gardiner doesn't make sense whatsoever anymore. If you were offering him for Luongo, we'd say yes simply because the value is too good to pass up, but for Schneider, the only pieces I'd be interested in making a deal around is Schneider+ for Kessel or Schneider for JVR+.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:13 AM
leaffansince1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
10 consecutive years with better numbers. Drink it in. Process it. Respond.
And Theodore had the same quality team in front of him?

I'm not saying Theo is better but you have to consider the quality of D around a goalie.

Closed Thread