HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 10:41 AM
specialteams

vCash: 500
Checking the schedule of remaining games with 9 play-off contending teams, can't count the Hawks out yet for sure especially after big one last night against Stallions. Here's games remaining and how many against 8 other contending teams:

OJS 14 - 8
CP 16 - 11
Cornwall 15 - 10
Hawks 17 - 12
SF 16 - 12
Kanata 16 - 12
Brockville 16 - 12
PLK 16 - 13
Nepean 18 - 12

Final standings anyone?

OJS
Cornwall
Brockville
Nepean
CP
SF
PLK
Kanata

Old
01-19-2013, 11:21 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
Not sure how Tugnutt got 3rd star for kville last night , maybe he got it for taking a couple of minutes too get up after being rocked by Smith in the 1st
Someone is sucking up for sure. Should have gone to Cooper. He ONLY made 50+ saves.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:25 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialteams View Post
Checking the schedule of remaining games with 9 play-off contending teams, can't count the Hawks out yet for sure especially after big one last night against Stallions. Here's games remaining and how many against 8 other contending teams:

OJS 14 - 8
CP 16 - 11
Cornwall 15 - 10
Hawks 17 - 12
SF 16 - 12
Kanata 16 - 12
Brockville 16 - 12
PLK 16 - 13
Nepean 18 - 12

Final standings anyone?

OJS
Cornwall
Brockville
Nepean
CP
SF
PLK
Kanata
Where's the love for CP. all they did was beat 3 of the top teams last week.

OJS
CP
Cornwall
Brockville
Nepean
Smiths Falls
Pembroke
Hawkesbury

Old
01-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Where's the love for CP. all they did was beat 3 of the top teams last week.

OJS
CP
Cornwall
Brockville
Nepean
Smiths Falls
Pembroke
Hawkesbury
The way I see the world

Brockville
Cornwall
OJS
CP
SF
Nepean
Kanata
Pemby

Old
01-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Johnny 2K8

The parity that exists in the league this year makes it really difficult to predict the final standings. But here's what I think...

1. Ottawa
To my surprise, they have built a pretty good hockey team. They have a light schedule from now until the end of the season so I like their chances to get the number one seed for the playoffs. The fact that Robillard, Racine, Werthner, and Landry are all injured right now is a concern, but I still think they will finish on top as they have depth at alll positions.

2. Carleton Place
They have been on a roll lately. Four solid lines, big defencemen that can move the puck. My only concern with this team is goaltending. I know they were a huge disapointment in the playoffs last season, but I think they could go far this year. Not a team I would want to play in the first round.

3. Cornwall
With the addition on Antonnelli and Sanniti, and the return of Quince, the Colts will be a team to watch come playoff time. Like Carleton Place, I am not sure about their goaltending. Their powerplay is impressive, and we all know special teams make a huge difference in the playoffs.

4. Brockville
Hottest team in the league right now. The line of Blasko, Ferreira and Roll have been on fire lately. They can skate with anyone, but again, goaltening is unproven. Special teams are going to be good for them to go far in the postseason because it is very difficult to win in the playoffs with only one line scoring.

5. Nepean
I know they have not played great hockey recently, but they will be fine in crunch time. The return of Norris will boost the offense for sure. Zawadski is one of the best goaltender in the league, and they have great special teams. That's a great combination to have in the playoffs. However, their back end is very average. If Llorca gets injured, they could be in trouble.

6. Smiths Falls
Not sure what is happening in Smiths Falls, Since the big trade, they have been very average. Goaltending was better early on, just not consistent recently. Their defencemen can't play in their own zone, and their top offensive players lack character. Grady has never won a playoff series as a head coach in the CCHL, and I'm not sure he will win one this year.

7. Pembroke
I'm not a fan of the trades they made. I think the players in the dressing room have quit on their coach. How else do you explain getting outshot 19-2 in the second period by Gloucester in your own barn? I don't see them going too far in the playoffs, and they could still finish 9th if they don't start playing better hockey now.

8. Hawkesbury
Although Kanata's coaching staff are doing a tremendous job with the team they have, I still think Hawkesbury will finish in the 8th spot. The Hawks are strong in nets and they could be a tough matchup for any team in the first round. The lost of Bussey could hurt them in the last stretch. Too bad they didn't get anything in return.

Last edited by Johnny 2K8: 01-19-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old
01-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Someone is sucking up for sure. Should have gone to Cooper. He ONLY made 50+ saves.
Quote:
Not sure how Tugnutt got 3rd star for kville last night , maybe he got it for taking a couple of minutes too get up after being rocked by Smith in the 1st
Did Cooper really take on 50? Anytime I have seen this kid play he has been less than stellar. If he really took 50 shots I would expect 5 to 8 go in.

Tugger must have done something to deserve a star? Did he play PP, PK and everything else possible, whatever that might be. It is my understanding that the score keepers make these picks. Seeing that they are volunteers, it's understandable that they are biased and want to make pappy happy!

How was Seatter last night? Did he behave? Who did he play with? Any chemistry going on in KV?

Old
01-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny 2K8 View Post
The parity that exists in the league this year makes it really difficult to predict the final standings. But here's what I think...

1. Ottawa
To my surprise, they have built a pretty good hockey team. They have a light schedule from now until the end of the season so I like their chances to get the number one seed for the playoffs. The fact that Robillard, Racine, Werthner, and Landry are all injured right now is a concern, but I still think they will finish on top as they have depth at alll positions.

2. Carleton Place
They have been on a roll lately. Four solid lines, big defencemen that can move the puck. My only concern with this team is goaltending. I know they were a huge disapointment in the playoffs last season, but I think they could go far this year. Not a team I would want to play in the first round.

3. Cornwall
With the addition on Antonnelli and Sanniti, and the return of Quince, the Colts will be a team to watch come playoff time. Like Carleton Place, I am not sure about their goaltending. Their powerplay is impressive, and we all know special teams make a huge difference in the playoffs.

4. Brockville
Hottest team in the league right now. The line of Blasko, Ferreira and Roll have been on fire lately. They can skate with anyone, but again, goaltening is unproven. Special teams are going to be good for them to go far in the postseason because it is very difficult to win in the playoffs with only one line scoring.

5. Nepean
I know they have not played great hockey recently, but they will be fine in crunch time. The return of Norris will boost the offense for sure. Zawadski is one of the best goaltender in the league, and they have great special teams. That's a great combination to have in the playoffs. However, their back end is very average. If Llorca gets injured, they could be in trouble.

6. Smiths Falls
Not sure what is happening in Smiths Falls, Since the big trade, they have been very average. Goaltending was better early on, just not consistent recently. Their defencemen can't play in their own zone, and their top offensive players lack character. Grady has never won a playoff series as a head coach in the CCHL, and I'm not sure he will win one this year.

7. Pembroke
I'm not a fan of the trades they made. I think the players in the dressing room have quit on their coach. How else do you explain getting outshot 19-2 in the second period by Gloucester in your own barn? I don't see them going too far in the playoffs, and they could still finish 9th if they don't start playing better hockey now.

8. Hawkesbury
Although Kanata's coaching staff are doing a tremendous job with the team they have, I still think Hawkesbury will finish in the 8th spot. The Hawks are strong in nets and they could be a tough matchup for any team in the first round. The lost of Bussey could hurt them in the last stretch. Too bad they didn't get anything in return.
Would not be surprised to see the battle for 8th place come down to the final game of Pembroke vs Kanata. I would not be surprised to see Pembroke fade down the stretch with a tougher schedule

Old
01-19-2013, 04:47 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Would not be surprised to see the battle for 8th place come down to the final game of Pembroke vs Kanata. I would not be surprised to see Pembroke fade down the stretch with a tougher schedule
Both teams are definatly going to be the last 2 seeds, but for another place may come down to the last games aswell, 2nd to 6th could be decided by very few points. Is head to head or wins the tie breaker? I wouldn't be surprised with two teams being tied...

Old
01-19-2013, 05:17 PM
overtheboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
Did Cooper really take on 50? Anytime I have seen this kid play he has been less than stellar. If he really took 50 shots I would expect 5 to 8 go in.

Tugger must have done something to deserve a star? Did he play PP, PK and everything else possible, whatever that might be. It is my understanding that the score keepers make these picks. Seeing that they are volunteers, it's understandable that they are biased and want to make pappy happy!

How was Seatter last night? Did he behave? Who did he play with? Any chemistry going on in KV?
Gets fewer minutes than in CP , good trade made by his dad

Old
01-20-2013, 06:56 AM
ottawafan66

Keegan Harper

D Keegan Harper of PLK commits to Niagara University for 2014-15.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:20 PM
CanadiansGuy60

The Canadians are on a roll. Took the game in today and even though it was against the last place 73's, the team looked good. After the high of taking down the top 3 teams in the league, it would be easy for the kids to take a night off against a lesser team, but they did not. 5 in a row and looking very good doing it.

This new trap system they have turned to has worked well.....they are limiting teams to very few shots, and they are still improving on offence. Globke has been red hot, with another 3 pts today, I think that is 14 in his last 6! Brock Edwards has also picked up his game as of late and the line of Edwards Dafour and Globke looks great....

I am most impressed with Idawu (sorry if I misspelled that) he is a man playing with boys right now....he is physically dominant and can chip in with the odd point now and then like he did today. With Wiedauer starting to look like his old self, things are looking up on the backend....Ghantous also looked solid today, and very physical.

Nice to see Laforest get the start and win....

Bring on Kanata and If Cornwall keeps going today like they have been 2nd place looks really nice to finish a great 2 week stretch! If they come back and win a point out ain't to bad either.

Go Canadians Go!!

Old
01-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Tarzan

Didn't see the game in Nepean today. Looking at the score sheet a few things come to mind. Anyone that was at the game, feel free to correct my thoughts. First thing, many posters rage about how good Nepean's D is. Seems like a lot of shots given up? Second, where the H is the offence gone on SF. Can anyone explain the disappearing act?? Also, I have long thought that Howe was the better goalie in SF. Anyone else agree???

Old
01-20-2013, 07:30 PM
CanadiansGuy60

Quote:
Gets fewer minutes than in CP , good trade made by his dad
I saw some chatter about Seatter on here but did not want to comment. I kinda feel bad for the kid in a way. But I guess the old adage "Be careful what you wish for" is coming around for him now....

When I first saw this kid I was amazed at the skill oozing out of him as a 15 yr old. Sadly I think parents and advisors may have filled this young man with a bit to much of himself. Skill only can take you so far, and on a weak team it's easy to key on a skilled player, and he has no desire to fight through any adversity, as I see it through my eyes. I haven't seen a player slam his stick or hang his head so much out of frustration since my son played in atom!

He should have stuck it out in Cp...he was getting quality minutes and time on the 2nd power play unit for a top team and now he is not even getting that on a last place team. I see another holdout and I see him bouncing from team to team...his act where's thin quickly and over hearing some 73's staff today after the game, he is not a well liked kid in their room already.....to bad, he has a tonne of talent.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiansGuy60 View Post
I saw some chatter about Seatter on here but did not want to comment. I kinda feel bad for the kid in a way. But I guess the old adage "Be careful what you wish for" is coming around for him now....

When I first saw this kid I was amazed at the skill oozing out of him as a 15 yr old. Sadly I think parents and advisors may have filled this young man with a bit to much of himself. Skill only can take you so far, and on a weak team it's easy to key on a skilled player, and he has no desire to fight through any adversity, as I see it through my eyes. I haven't seen a player slam his stick or hang his head so much out of frustration since my son played in atom!

He should have stuck it out in Cp...he was getting quality minutes and time on the 2nd power play unit for a top team and now he is not even getting that on a last place team. I see another holdout and I see him bouncing from team to team...his act where's thin quickly and over hearing some 73's staff today after the game, he is not a well liked kid in their room already.....to bad, he has a tonne of talent.
I agree. I was at the game today also. Compare his compete on the ice to that of Blais who came from SF. That kid gives his all. No stick slamming just trying to make things happen! This guy came from, at the time, the first place team to the worst place team. Good for him keeping a positive attitude.

My comments on this game. CP is talented, aggressive and talented team. Playing excellent hockey. Clark is a loud, obnoxious boor! The refs need to stop being intimidated by his bullying tactics. The league needs some refs with some testes that can shut coaches like him up. I guarantee that KV had at least 3 penalties given due to Clark's whining...sorry coaching!

Without realizing it, I sat very close to Father Tugnnutt and his cheerleaders. I'm sorry, but goalie Tugger is bad at best. Little forward Tugger plays more minutes that any 16 year old I have ever seen in this league...NOT DESERVINGLY!!!! Why does KV roll all the lines. Do they not want to try and create a culture of winning?? There are a few players on this team that should play more, end of story. Little forward Tugger can learn from watching!!! I would suggest that any player with any aspirations try to get out of KV because things will not improve as long as lines are rolled, Malloy coaches and Tuggers are present.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Tarzan

What happened to Cornwall tonight??

Old
01-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Ottawa Guy

The way Clarke acts of the bench is embarassing and you can hear his yelling and swearing from one end of the rink to the other. He definitely influenced several calls today by intimidating the refs. The refereeing in the CP/Kemp game was just plain bad. CP regularly through late hits and got away with way too much, plus were awarded a goal when it was clear the puck had been covered and the CP player ran the goalie. It is just embarassing, the refereeing in this league gets worse every season.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:05 PM
ottawafan80

Quote:
Didn't see the game in Nepean today. Looking at the score sheet a few things come to mind. Anyone that was at the game, feel free to correct my thoughts. First thing, many posters rage about how good Nepean's D is. Seems like a lot of shots given up? Second, where the H is the offence gone on SF. Can anyone explain the disappearing act?? Also, I have long thought that Howe was the better goalie in SF. Anyone else agree???
SF worked hard and had a ton of shots but it just seems as though the chemistry is gone. The team that won almost every game in october and november seems to have been shaken up too much with all the new players brought in. I think they will come around but to me its like they have started from scratch. Too many forwards, would love to see Byron play with Eardley for the rest of the year, with Mclaren in the middle would be a great line, need to find a way to get Eardley and Byron going, both should be scoring more, Eardley is also one of the best PK guys they have. They need to pull it together quick though not to fall too much in the standings, lost 5 in a row now.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:25 PM
overtheboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
The way Clarke acts of the bench is embarassing and you can hear his yelling and swearing from one end of the rink to the other. He definitely influenced several calls today by intimidating the refs. The refereeing in the CP/Kemp game was just plain bad. CP regularly through late hits and got away with way too much, plus were awarded a goal when it was clear the puck had been covered and the CP player ran the goalie. It is just embarassing, the refereeing in this league gets worse every season.
Whats embarassing is the 73s , Another daddy owner who wont make the playoffs and today , daddy decided to run down the stairs and to the players entrance and yell @ the ref .

Old
01-20-2013, 09:46 PM
gusfring

Quote:
What happened to Cornwall tonight??
Reports of PLK's demise have been greatly exagerrated.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:48 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
I don't think that the shot count is accurate, maybe beefing up their goaltenders stats. Shots were mainly taken from the perimeter for both teams, a couple chances for both sides but the majority of quality ones were generated by the raiders with Hedges missing a few chances and Norris hitting a few posts. Norris looked good. Smith falls wasn't able to capitalize on their early power play opportunities and it seemed like an up hill battle after that.

Hawks look to be catching up with stallions and joining the hunt, making things even more interesting for the final spots!

Old
01-21-2013, 06:58 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Reports of PLK's demise have been greatly exagerrated.
Not sure if Cornwall pulls that crap at the end of the game if SK is coaching......overall Smith was best player on ice...was shocked he did not get a star...

I have said on here before that Hrehoriak needed to get going if we were going to maintain our spot in standings....and he has played well the last couple of games...

Diaz has been a good addition...looked alittle slow footed the first couple of games but he had not played in a while....can reallly defend well...

Wondering why nepean gave him up...they seem to have no dman big a strong that can defend...

Old
01-21-2013, 07:04 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post

Easy on the embarassing part...Im sure tugger would hire the embarrising coach in a heartbeat....

Old
01-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
Easy on the embarassing part...Im sure tugger would hire the embarrising coach in a heartbeat....
There are two ownersof the 73's and I guarantee the other would not agree to it....i do not know Tugnutt to comment on his opinion.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:40 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
Not sure if Cornwall pulls that crap at the end of the game if SK is coaching......overall Smith was best player on ice...was shocked he did not get a star...

I have said on here before that Hrehoriak needed to get going if we were going to maintain our spot in standings....and he has played well the last couple of games...

Diaz has been a good addition...looked alittle slow footed the first couple of games but he had not played in a while....can reallly defend well...

Wondering why nepean gave him up...they seem to have no dman big a strong that can defend...
Like I said previously, Diaz (and Milito when he comes back) will surprise people. When we look back, Pembroke will have won that particular trade.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Bockwinkel

As an outsider, if I was the owner, staff member, scout or player with the Kemptville 73's I would be more concerned with being outscored 14-2 in my last 3 games and outshot 84 - 41 over the weekend than worrying/crying about the antics of a loud coach on the other bench.

Can't comment on Tugnutt's actions yesterday as I didn't attend the game but I am hoping he can bring some respectability to the 73s organization. Its always great for a league to have owners with strong credibility.

Closed Thread