HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

B.Schenn or N. Kadri

View Poll Results: who puts up more points
B. Schenn 267 57.92%
N. Kadri 194 42.08%
Voters: 461. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2013, 09:13 AM
  #26
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,945
vCash: 100
It's a lot LOT closer than the poll will be but Kadri has been hated, why change now?

He'll prove it on the ice.

Pi is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:13 AM
  #27
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,190
vCash: 50
Schenn could have half the playing time and worse linemates and he'd match what Kadri got. I hazard a guess that the only 9 votes for NK are from Leafs fans?

1865 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:25 AM
  #28
SirPaste
Registered User
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 6,937
vCash: 50
I did not know Schenn was playing on a line with Giroux, I just picked him up in my league. Thanks guys.

SirPaste is online now  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:03 AM
  #29
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Going with Kadri on the off chance he lights it up this year, So I can say I told you so.

FireEverybody* is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:16 AM
  #30
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Schenn could have half the playing time and worse linemates and he'd match what Kadri got. I hazard a guess that the only 9 votes for NK are from Leafs fans?
This just isn't true. Their production has been similar throughout their pro careers

TieClark is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 11:06 AM
  #31
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
Really, Schenn should have far far better totals than a rookie whose slated for 3rd line duty.

Kind of a peculiar set of players to compare.
They're the same age. Its the 2009 5th OA vs the 2009 7th OA. Quite comparable.

JetsHomer is online now  
Old
01-19-2013, 11:23 AM
  #32
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,361
vCash: 657
o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
Are you kidding me? In terms of who is the better player??? Wow.......Schenn by a country mile and it is not even close....
Although I choose Schenn, this is the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen.

B. Schenn: 63GP 20 PTS (0.32 PPG)
N. Kadri: 51GP 19 PTS (0.37 PPG)

2011-12

.....................B. Schenn..........N. Kadri
Corsi Rel QoC .... -0.232..........-0.068
Corsi QoC.........-0.444........... -1.299
Corsi Rel............-2.6..................10.9
Deff Zone Start....45.2 ...............48.3
GA On/60 ...........2.63................1.86
GA Off/60............2.45................3.04
GF On/60 ...........1.97................. 2.55
GF Off/60............2.64................. 2.96

Dont see a huge difference.... Actually its funny how the notorious bust is better in almost every statistical category than the star to be

The Podium is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 11:37 AM
  #33
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?
 
Nizdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,202
vCash: 500
Wow haha, HF really loves Schenn and hates Kadri. Even Leaf fans know that Schenn will likely outscore him this year, but everyone should realize thats mostly because of linemates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Schenn could have half the playing time and worse linemates and he'd match what Kadri got. I hazard a guess that the only 9 votes for NK are from Leafs fans?
Strange how he hasn't been able to do that with the same icetime and better linemates...


Last edited by Nizdizzle: 01-19-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Nizdizzle is online now  
Old
01-19-2013, 11:49 AM
  #34
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Although I choose Schenn, this is the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen.

B. Schenn: 63GP 20 PTS (0.32 PPG)
N. Kadri: 51GP 19 PTS (0.37 PPG)

2011-12

.....................B. Schenn..........N. Kadri
Corsi Rel QoC .... -0.232..........-0.068
Corsi QoC.........-0.444........... -1.299
Corsi Rel............-2.6..................10.9
Deff Zone Start....45.2 ...............48.3
GA On/60 ...........2.63................1.86
GA Off/60............2.45................3.04
GF On/60 ...........1.97................. 2.55
GF Off/60............2.64................. 2.96

Dont see a huge difference.... Actually its funny how the notorious bust is better in almost every statistical category than the star to be
It's ridiculous how popular opinion just chooses to ignore stuff like this. If I'm being objective, I see two similar players. Schenn's going to outscore Kadri because he's playing with Claude ****ing Giroux, not because he's "better than Kadri by a country mile."

7even is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 12:19 PM
  #35
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
The production has been similar but Kadris all around game isnt up to par with Schenns. Part of the reason Kadri seems to get hated on is because he couldnt crack the leafs line up whic has been brutal the last couple years. Schenn was drafted in a similar position but is the property of a stanley cup contender.

I actually think this year will be closer then in the future when Schenn will start to separate

newfy is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 12:21 PM
  #36
Sasso09
Registered User
 
Sasso09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
It's a lot LOT closer than the poll will be but Kadri has been hated, why change now?

He'll prove it on the ice.
Actually I think the poll is closer than it should be, I can't rationalize anyone picking Kadri

Sasso09 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 12:35 PM
  #37
TrillMike
Registered User
 
TrillMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,183
vCash: 500
Wow. Schenn.

TrillMike is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 12:44 PM
  #38
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,640
vCash: 500
Schenn, easily too.

Confound is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 01:13 PM
  #39
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,050
vCash: 500
Schenn
NHL: 20 points in 63 games (.32)
AHL: 19 points in 14 games (1.36)
WHL: 315 points in 224 games (1.40)

Kadri
NHL: 19 points in 51 games (.37)
AHL: 81 points in 92 games (.88)
OHL: 258 points in 242 games (1.07)



What is with this "not close" crap?

TieClark is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 01:20 PM
  #40
96
Esq.
 
96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,922
vCash: 500
Schenn: better player, better team, better linemates.

96 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 01:25 PM
  #41
jimmycarter
Registered User
 
jimmycarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,883
vCash: 500
horrible and stupid comparison.

jimmycarter is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 01:44 PM
  #42
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim
 
Atomos2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Schenn could have half the playing time and worse linemates and he'd match what Kadri got. I hazard a guess that the only 9 votes for NK are from Leafs fans?
In your opinion

Atomos2 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 01:44 PM
  #43
Sasso09
Registered User
 
Sasso09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Schenn
NHL: 20 points in 63 games (.32)
AHL: 19 points in 14 games (1.36)
WHL: 315 points in 224 games (1.40)

Kadri
NHL: 19 points in 51 games (.37)
AHL: 81 points in 92 games (.88)
OHL: 258 points in 242 games (1.07)



What is with this "not close" crap?
It's just not close, sorry. Schenn as outscored Kadri at every level... Ask Burke how mad he was that he had to settle for Kadri. Your very short sample size means nothing, schenn is much better defensively and physically. Schenn contributes much more to the game.

Schenn: 136 hits in 54 games ( 2nd highest hits per game in the entire league)
Kadri: 25 hits in 21 games

Sasso09 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 01:46 PM
  #44
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
It's just not close, sorry. Schenn as outscored Kadri at every level... Ask Burke how mad he was that he had to settle for Kadri. Your very short sample size means nothing, schenn is much better defensively and physically. Schenn contributes much more to the game.

Schenn: 136 hits in 54 games ( 2nd highest hits per game in the entire league)
Kadri: 25 hits in 21 games
It wasn't a short sample size... it was their entire careers since junior where they have put up similar point totals.

As for hits... that means absolutely nothing. The question was who will put up more points...

TieClark is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 01:47 PM
  #45
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,150
vCash: 50
schenn not close

no guarantees kadri plays the whole season for the leafs

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 01:47 PM
  #46
4evaBlue
Registered User
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
The production has been similar but Kadris all around game isnt up to par with Schenns.
And Schenn's offense isn't up to par with Kadri's. People could say that Schenn could have managed the same point totals with worse line mates, AND less ice time, but we all know it's crap.

Schenn is more physical, Kadri has more of an agitator edge to his game. Both suck at faceoffs, and neither of their defensive games are worth mentioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Part of the reason Kadri seems to get hated on is because he couldnt crack the leafs line up whic has been brutal the last couple years.
It has nothing to do with it. It's because he's Leafs property, simple as that. If anyone actually cared enough, they'd know that the decision to cut Kadri from last years squad was a pretty controversial one, and had more to do with Wilson being an idiot more than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Schenn was drafted in a similar position but is the property of a stanley cup contender.

I actually think this year will be closer then in the future when Schenn will start to separate
The ONLY reason Schenn will have better numbers this season is because of his linemates. It's also the only reason he's been able to "keep pace" with Kadri to date.

4evaBlue is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 01:53 PM
  #47
Sasso09
Registered User
 
Sasso09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
And Schenn's offense isn't up to par with Kadri's. People could say that Schenn could have managed the same point totals with worse line mates, AND less ice time, but we all know it's crap.

Schenn is more physical, Kadri has more of an agitator edge to his game. Both suck at faceoffs, and neither of their defensive games are worth mentioning.



It has nothing to do with it. It's because he's Leafs property, simple as that. If anyone actually cared enough, they'd know that the decision to cut Kadri from last years squad was a pretty controversial one, and had more to do with Wilson being an idiot more than anything else.



The ONLY reason Schenn will have better numbers this season is because of his linemates. It's also the only reason he's been able to "keep pace" with Kadri to date.
You're delusional " neither of there defense is worth mentioning" its not worth mentioning because schenn is much better defensively and it ***** on your argument.... And Kadri is not better offensively. You really sound bad right now.

Sasso09 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 02:00 PM
  #48
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,709
vCash: 500
Schenn has, and will be, the better player.

More physical, better defensively, better offensive pedigree.

Roo Mad Bro is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 02:15 PM
  #49
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,197
vCash: 13357
Schenn by far, although I believe Kadri will surprise people. Have a lot of expectations for that kid. One of the reasons I hope we eventually acquire him.

Bourne Endeavor is online now  
Old
01-19-2013, 02:59 PM
  #50
iPunch
Leafs Fan
 
iPunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,469
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Schenn has, and will be, the better player.
He has?

I'm seeing alot of this without any sort of factual explanation.

iPunch is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.