HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa - Chicago

Old
01-19-2013, 04:44 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

vCash: 500
Ottawa - Chicago

To Ottawa
Hjarmalsson

To Chicago
Bishop
Claesson

Discuss.

Edit: Perhaps centred around Bishop +

Last edited by Beville: 01-19-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:08 AM
TSA0402

Doesnt make alot of sense for Chicago. Is giving up Hjalmarsson worth going from Crawford to Bishop?

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:33 AM
Synthetek

vCash: 408
Send a message via AIM to Synthetek
I think Claesson is going to be another late round gem, don't want to give up on him.

Synthetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:37 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetek View Post
I think Claesson is going to be another late round gem, don't want to give up on him.
Bear in mind D was a position of 'strength' last season...

H would bring a LOT to the Sens top 4 with Gonch gone in the Summer...

Karlsson/Cowen/Methot/Hjarmalsson..

Pretty solid, no?

TSA, potentially yes... He may not end up leaps and bounds ahead, but he is definitely a solid NM.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:39 AM
Chelios

Way too much for Chicago to give up for an unproven goalie. I have no doubt the Hawks would be interested in Bishop, but not at the cost of Hjalmarsson.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:52 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Doesnt make alot of sense for Chicago. Is giving up Hjalmarsson worth going from Crawford to Bishop?
Getting Bishop would not mean leaving Crawford as Bishop would be his back up or potentially his 1B.
I don't know this Claesson kid but we would need at least one more piece to justify losing Hjalmarsson. Would rather attain Bishop for a 2nd and lesser prospect.

crazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:57 AM
BeerandHockey
╚(_)╝

Claesson is very steady and should only get better. He came over to the AHL this year at 19 to learn the North American game. I can see him being equal to Hjarmalsson. I understand Hjarmalsson is ready now and that is why Ottawa would have to give more to get him, but I think if they trade Bishop it will be a 1 for 1 deal (so not Hjarmalsson) unless they are going after someone bigger.

BeerandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Pitlick*

If any Sens goalie is traded to Chicago, it will be Chicago native Craig Anderson.

By the trading deadline, if Crawford has been awful, and Lehner looks like a #1 goalie, I could seriously see Andy get sent to Chicago.

Murray is taking calls for the trade value of his goalies. It will be Anderson or Bishop traded, between now and the start of next season. They will not trade Lehner, obviously. Bishop is probably worth a 2nd round pick, what the Sens got him for, or slightly more (not a 1st though). If he stands on his head, his value goes up, but he won't play much, being our 3rd best goalie.

I like Claesson, but he has bottom pairing potential. Hjallmarson is already a top 4 defenseman.

Pitlick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:40 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlick View Post
If any Sens goalie is traded to Chicago, it will be Chicago native Craig Anderson.

By the trading deadline, if Crawford has been awful, and Lehner looks like a #1 goalie, I could seriously see Andy get sent to Chicago.

Murray is taking calls for the trade value of his goalies. It will be Anderson or Bishop traded, between now and the start of next season. They will not trade Lehner, obviously. Bishop is probably worth a 2nd round pick, what the Sens got him for, or slightly more (not a 1st though). If he stands on his head, his value goes up, but he won't play much, being our 3rd best goalie.

I like Claesson, but he has bottom pairing potential. Hjallmarson is already a top 4 defenseman.
Anderson would be fine by me. Shoot me a phone call if you want to move Lehner.

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:04 AM
SenateReform

I'm definitely interested in a deal centered around Bishop for Hjallmarson but I think the Sens would have to add a little more value than Claesson.

What kind of prospect would Chicago want added?

SenateReform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Dackell

Time to revisit Zack Smith for Hjarmalsson?

This was rumoured last year. Seems to make sense for both teams? Ottawa has some centre depth with Regin back and Zibby and DaCosta getting closer to making the show. Smith is signed through 2016-2017 for 1.88. Chicago also gets cap relief Ottawa gets a reliable D who is definitely an upgrade on any FA scraps left out there.

Ottawa has tried hard to treat their players well so I don't know how this would reflect on the organization after locking him up long term.

Dackell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:59 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackell View Post
Time to revisit Zack Smith for Hjarmalsson?

This was rumoured last year. Seems to make sense for both teams? Ottawa has some centre depth with Regin back and Zibby and DaCosta getting closer to making the show. Smith is signed through 2016-2017 for 1.88. Chicago also gets cap relief Ottawa gets a reliable D who is definitely an upgrade on any FA scraps left out there.

Ottawa has tried hard to treat their players well so I don't know how this would reflect on the organization after locking him up long term.
How about Bishop and Smith to Chicago for Hjalmarsson and a 2nd. With a potential lesser prospect added by Chicago if needed.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:13 AM
SpezDispenser

Really can't trade Smith. We made a decision to move Foligno for Methot leaving Smith as a key piece of the future.

Would love to do a deal centered around Bishop + piece for Hjalmarsson though.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Hawks cant really afford to move Hammer at this point

Montador's career is probably over , Olsen is too slow to ever be more then bottom pairing/depth dman and Clendening our closest to NHL d prospect is a PMD in Leddy mold so he just further waters down the Hawks blueline if he is in it

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Dackell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Really can't trade Smith. We made a decision to move Foligno for Methot leaving Smith as a key piece of the future.

Would love to do a deal centered around Bishop + piece for Hjalmarsson though.
I certainly have no issues with Smith and don't want to just give him away, but he is hardly untouchable. Again, I like the guy but if he can be moved to strengthen the D core for the medium to long term I think it's a no brainer. I don't see why moving Foligno for Methot is at all relevant in this scenario.

If they traded Smith, Regin can be the 3rd line centre. Worst case Ontario - Regin goes down with an injury or just can't get it done - JOB moves up to the 3rd line and they recall Grant to centre the 4th line. If that fails miserably they should be able to get a 4th line centre for a fairly inexpensive price on the trade market.

I'd be happy to trade Bishop + for Hjarmalsson but I don't know if Chicago does it. Bishop looks like he has promise but he is still pretty unproven. Crawford was in a pretty similar position to Bishop a few years ago and hasn't exactly lit the world on fire. I don't think Chicago risks going down that route again, let alone giving up Hjarmalsson to do so.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:42 AM
IranCondraAffair

I'm sure Ottawa would love to do a deal involving a Hammer for Bishop trade, but I can't see Chicago getting Smith as well unless the 'Hawks are adding something too.

Having said that, Hammer, despite his salary, is a good, established, youngish player, who would fit well on the Sens, so trading Bishop alone isn't likely enough to get him.

If it HAS to be a roster player from the Sens it will have to be one of Condra, O'Brien, Daugavins or Regin. Prospect-wise, DaCosta, Hoffman, Grant, Petersson, and Claesson are all legitimate options if only because of Ottawa's depth. All of them are good prospects though.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

If Hawks get a unproven goalie ,, They aren't overpaying for him

Hammer for Bishop and ok d prospect is overpayment IMO

Old
01-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Dackell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
If Hawks get a unproven goalie ,, They aren't overpaying for him

Hammer for Bishop and ok d prospect is overpayment IMO
As a Sens fan, I agree. Sens also don't have any okay D prospects to trade either. As it is they are starting the season with 3 rookies on D to begin with.

I'll probably get crucified for this but what would the Hawks give up for Anderson? He's an Illinois native, a legit starting goalie, and signed for a very reasonable 3.18 million through 2014-2015.

Return would have to be fairly decent, as it could potentially backfire badly on the Sens. I imagine they probably wouldn't trade him to begin with.

Is there a potential framework for a deal?

Old
01-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Anderson for one of Morin/Olsen/Pirri + Beach?

Old
01-19-2013, 12:16 PM
crazyhawk

Quote:
As a Sens fan, I agree. Sens also don't have any okay D prospects to trade either. As it is they are starting the season with 3 rookies on D to begin with.

I'll probably get crucified for this but what would the Hawks give up for Anderson? He's an Illinois native, a legit starting goalie, and signed for a very reasonable 3.18 million through 2014-2015.

Return would have to be fairly decent, as it could potentially backfire badly on the Sens. I imagine they probably wouldn't trade him to begin with.

Is there a potential framework for a deal?
I highly doubt the Sens would trade Anderson this early in the season as then you would be rolling the dice with Lehner being ready to take the #1 spot with Bishop backing.
Maybe by the trade deadline this could be a go.
From the Hawk's perspective Anderson would be a good gamble though they would have two goalies making 3+M per year which is trending towards too much.
How about Anderson, Claesson and Smith for Hjalmarsson, Paradis and Kruger.
Let's edit that as you would need a veteran goalie to help mentor Lehner ... How about Emery coming back to Ottawa? so ... Anderson, Claesson and Smith for Hjalmarsson, Emery and mid level prospect.

Old
01-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Lukus

If a swap of Smith for Hjalmarsson is enough to get it done, then let's do it. Finding a gritty 3rd line centre is easier than acquiring a top-4 D.

If Smith alone isn't enough, then we can add Bishop but I would expect Chicago to add a very good prospect. I don't follow them so no clue who that might be.

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:34 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
I certainly have no issues with Smith and don't want to just give him away, but he is hardly untouchable. Again, I like the guy but if he can be moved to strengthen the D core for the medium to long term I think it's a no brainer. I don't see why moving Foligno for Methot is at all relevant in this scenario.

If they traded Smith, Regin can be the 3rd line centre. Worst case Ontario - Regin goes down with an injury or just can't get it done - JOB moves up to the 3rd line and they recall Grant to centre the 4th line. If that fails miserably they should be able to get a 4th line centre for a fairly inexpensive price on the trade market.

I'd be happy to trade Bishop + for Hjarmalsson but I don't know if Chicago does it. Bishop looks like he has promise but he is still pretty unproven. Crawford was in a pretty similar position to Bishop a few years ago and hasn't exactly lit the world on fire. I don't think Chicago risks going down that route again, let alone giving up Hjarmalsson to do so.
In my opinion, there's a big difference between Regin and Smith - and I'm a Regin believer. When the Sens made the trade for Methot involving Foligno, then signed Smith long term, that was the end of the trade rumours for Smith. We expected them to keep one of the two, both are really physical, gritty players with offensive upside, but Smith is a C that gives you that perfect balance of skill + grit up and down the lineup.

I don't think you can plug a guy like Regin or Da Costa in and expect teams not to get an easier ride without Smith in the lineup. He's a big, big piece now - a player I think I would value to our lineup much more than Hjarl.

Also, isn't Hjarl left handed? It seems like no problem, but we have Cowen, Methot and Phillips on the left side, where does he play? Does he play the right side?

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Anderson for one of Morin/Olsen/Pirri + Beach?
If we move a tendy it will be for a D that can jump in this year.

Pilgore88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Hjalmarsson for Anderson: yes
Hjalmarsson for Bishop: no

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:51 PM
MAK19