HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Roster 2013/14

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2013, 09:01 AM
  #1
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake
 
Ironmanrulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Roster 2013/14

Yes Guys, i know this afternoon we start the new season. But iīam also thinking about the next seasons.

FORWARDS

Hartnell ($4.750m) - Giroux ($3.750m) - Briere ($6.500m)
Simmonds (3.975m) - Couturier ($1.375m) - Voracek ($3.000m)
Talbot ($1.750m) - Schenn ($3.110m) - Matt Read ($0.900m)
______________ - Laughton ($1.137m) - Rinaldo($0.544m)



_________________ - Coburn ($4.500m)
L. Schenn ($3.600m) - Grossman ($3.600m)
Meszaros ($4.000m) - _________________


Gervais (0.825m)


GOALTENDERS
_________________
_________________




SALARY CAP: $47,316,000; CAP PAYROLL: 64,300,000 ; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (15-man roster): $16,984,000

So IF we buyout Bryz and Timonen will retire we have 16 million to spend for a new #1 GK and #1 Dman. The backup gk and the bottom dman can be had for league minimum.

In my book, these is a very good position!

But who should we take, and who is available?

The only ufa top tier gk is Backstrom, but he is too old imo
Two Gk will be RFA iīam interested in: Bernier and Rask. Maybe make an offer sheet to Rask if he played a good season with Boston? 4,5 for 5 or 6 years. Boston will have a hard time to go with this offer. The other option is to sign a buyout Bryz or Luongo for cheap 4.0 ?

The only other option i can think about is Braden Hotby oder Neuvirth. Both are RFA and one of them wouldnīt sign with the Caps. So maybe we can steal one...

Difficult question.

Letīs say we sign a solid #1 GK for 5.0


Hartnell ($4.750m) - Giroux ($3.750m) - Briere ($6.500m)
Simmonds (3.975m) - Couturier ($1.375m) - Voracek ($3.000m)
Talbot ($1.750m) - Schenn ($3.110m) - Matt Read ($0.900m)
______________ - Laughton ($1.137m) - Rinaldo($0.544m)



_________________ - Coburn ($4.500m)
L. Schenn ($3.600m) - Grossman ($3.600m)
Meszaros ($4.000m) - _________________


Gervais (0.825m)


GOALTENDERS

#1 GK ($5.000m)
_________________

SALARY CAP: $52,316,000; CAP PAYROLL: 64,300,000 ; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (15-man roster): $11,984,000


So we have 8.0 for our dman if we want.

UFA Dman arenīt interesting if we want a real #1.
RFA Dman i only see one dman: Ekman Larsen

I really doubt they donīt sign him before the offseason. But if he is avaiable we must go after him! Via trade or via offer sheet!!

Pay him 7.0 for 6 years. Donīt think the stars will match that.


Hartnell ($4.750m) - Giroux ($3.750m) - Briere ($6.500m)
Simmonds (3.975m) - Couturier ($1.375m) - Voracek ($3.000m)
Talbot ($1.750m) - Schenn ($3.110m) - Matt Read ($0.900m)
______________ - Laughton ($1.137m) - Rinaldo($0.544m)



Ekman Larsen ($7.000m) - Coburn ($4.500m)
L. Schenn ($3.600m) - Grossman ($3.600m)
Meszaros ($4.000m) - _________________


Gervais (0.825m)


GOALTENDERS

#1 GK ($5.000m)
_________________

SALARY CAP: $59,316,000; CAP PAYROLL: 64,300,000 ; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (15-man roster): $4,984,000

What do you think about this plans?

But if we donīt get Ekman Larsen i only see us making a trade for a #1 Dman. Than we will loose a huge amount of our young core....

But my first priority is to buy out Bryz... I donīt care how he plays this season. If we donīt buy out him, he will hit us in the next years with his cap hit for sure! Just a bad contract.....

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:06 AM
  #2
CootaRoo
Registered User
 
CootaRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Is Laughton's ELC seriously above league minimum? Why does Homer ALWAYS feel the need to do that? He wasn't a top 5 or even 10 pick... would he really not sign for a normal ELC?

CootaRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:13 AM
  #3
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Him making 1.137m really isn't a lot.

His salary is 925k and the rest is bonus money

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:22 AM
  #4
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
Schenn's future looks to be at wing for us

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:40 AM
  #5
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Schenn's future looks to be at wing for us
Pretty much. The team seems dea set on this action, which isnt to bad when you have Giroux-Couturier-Laughton manning your top three lines.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:56 AM
  #6
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,984
vCash: 500
What do you mean UFA d-men aren't interesting if we want a #1? Edler doesn't interest you? Streit doesn't interest you?

Edler.
Streit.
Regehr.
Hainsey.
Whitney.

All of the above could be useful in Philadelphia. Some, of course, more than others, but all could be great additions.

The UFA crop this year excites me, particularly with this shortened season.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:01 AM
  #7
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Edler was just re-signed

The rest probably will be as well

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:03 AM
  #8
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Edler was just re-signed

The rest probably will be as well
What?

Was I asleep when this happened?

I felt pretty confident that either he or Streit would hit the market.


EDIT: WOW! He got signed for a bargain at that.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:04 AM
  #9
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake
 
Ironmanrulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Edler is signed by Vancouver, he will not come to us.
Streit is an offensive weapon but not a real #1 dman
Regehr is a good 2nd defensive dman
Hainsey isnīt #1 material
Whitney also

I really like all of your choices. But no one of them are top 10 material in the league if you choose a real #1 player.

I can life with the idea of acquiring two good #2 dman.

Say Streit and Regehr.

Streit could play with Grossman
Coburn with Regehr
Than we must trade Mesz or can you imagine having L.Schenn and Meszaros building our 3rd pairing?

But why not ^^ If Streit and Regehr donīt cost the world we maybe can do it.

Streit 4.5 and Regehr 4.0 would be doable.... But signing one of them and thinking the defence is set would be a failure... in my book!

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:16 AM
  #10
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Maybe make an offer sheet to Rask if he played a good season with Boston? 4,5 for 5 or 6years. Boston will have a hard time to go with this offer.
Thomas and Horton will be off the books for Boston so they can easily afford that.

Quote:
Pay him 7.0 for 6 years. Donīt think the stars will match that.
Pretty sure OEL plays for Phoenix and I don't see them parting ways with him any time soon.

Also, one of the main priorities is to re-sign Giroux.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:25 AM
  #11
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Why the hell would you give OEL 7m for 6 years?

He's not at that level yet

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:27 AM
  #12
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Why the hell would you give OEL 7m for 6 years?

He's not at that level yet
I agree with you, but better him than Subban.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:47 AM
  #13
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,429
vCash: 5700
Why did people think Edler would hit the market? Did people think that (unless you're Nashville), you don't let top-pairing defensemen hit the open market?

Better hope the Flyers start producing them within the system, because the league is trending to that being the only way you can get them.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:49 AM
  #14
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Because he was asking for 6m while Gillis was offering 4.5m

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:53 AM
  #15
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,429
vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Because he was asking for 6m while Gillis was offering 4.5m
And both came to their senses.


Plus, Gillis has been able to get people to leave money on the table to play/stay in Vancouver.


Bruins have made it clear that Rask is their guy moving forward. They will match anything. They'd have a good shot at Tim Thomas though.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:03 AM
  #16
litflyersfan
Registered User
 
litflyersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lower Makefield, Pa
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
What do you mean UFA d-men aren't interesting if we want a #1? Edler doesn't interest you? Streit doesn't interest you?

Edler.
Streit.
Regehr.
Hainsey.
Whitney.

All of the above could be useful in Philadelphia. Some, of course, more than others, but all could be great additions.

The UFA crop this year excites me, particularly with this shortened season.
I would take a look at Ian White as well, looked good for Detroit last season. In no way is he a number #1, don't see any of the list above as one anyway, but he would be a decent guy to pair with Grossmann. He would add yet another right-handed shot to our blue-line, L.Schenn and Gervais are the only one's signed next season. Another guy to look at is Smid from Edmonton, but I prefer a more offensive minded defenseman, we're going to need one, especially if Kimmo retires or leaves for another team.

litflyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:04 AM
  #17
litflyersfan
Registered User
 
litflyersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lower Makefield, Pa
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Why did people think Edler would hit the market? Did people think that (unless you're Nashville), you don't let top-pairing defensemen hit the open market?

Better hope the Flyers start producing them within the system, because the league is trending to that being the only way you can get them.
That's what it's looking like.

litflyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:05 AM
  #18
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
welcome to the NEW SEASON !!!

Roster 2013/14 after a bad playoff run

???

ugh

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:09 AM
  #19
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,430
vCash: 500
Flyers won't be getting any RFAs with an offer-sheet imo, in fact i doubt they even try. Only way the Flyers get an RFA is through a trade at which point we have no idea what the rest of the roster will look like/which holes will then need to be filled. When speculating on future rosters i think it's best to fill holes with UFAs.

also i don't see the Flyers getting a #1 goalie if they buy out bryz, at least not in the foreseeable future. the market is very thin and it seems some have forgot just how hard it is to acquire a quality #1 goalie. i also don't see them getting a bona fide #1 d-man for the same reason so some of those UFA d-men would be a good option as a stop gap until one becomes available or the Flyers draft one (just writing that made me laugh).

at this point i think the best we can hope for is for bryz to play well so he doesn't get bought out (at least not this upcoming off-season) and for the flyers to instead buyout Briere this off-season to get some cash for solidifying the back end with someone like Streit, a high quality forward (** cough ** perry ** cough **) and a cheap back-up. anything else could be filled from within, like Gus for the bottom pairing or wellwood, McGinn etc for the 12th and 13th forwards.

FlyersFan61290 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:18 AM
  #20
litflyersfan
Registered User
 
litflyersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lower Makefield, Pa
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Flyers won't be getting any RFAs with an offer-sheet imo, in fact i doubt they even try. Only way the Flyers get an RFA is through a trade at which point we have no idea what the rest of the roster will look like/which holes will then need to be filled. When speculating on future rosters i think it's best to fill holes with UFAs.

also i don't see the Flyers getting a #1 goalie if they buy out bryz, at least not in the foreseeable future. the market is very thin and it seems some have forgot just how hard it is to acquire a quality #1 goalie. i also don't see them getting a bona fide #1 d-man for the same reason so some of those UFA d-men would be a good option as a stop gap until one becomes available or the Flyers draft one (just writing that made me laugh).

at this point i think the best we can hope for is for bryz to play well so he doesn't get bought out (at least not this upcoming off-season) and for the flyers to instead buyout Briere this off-season to get some cash for solidifying the back end with someone like Streit, a high quality forward (** cough ** perry ** cough **) and a cheap back-up. anything else could be filled from within, like Gus for the bottom pairing or wellwood, McGinn etc for the 12th and 13th forwards.
We could get Lundqvist if the Rangers are dumb enough to let him test free agency after the 2013-2014 season.

litflyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:21 AM
  #21
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
We could get Lundqvist if the Rangers are dumb enough to let him test free agency after the 2013-2014 season.
that's kinda my point. almost any capable starting goalies or d-men won't hit UFA. I mean it happens from time to time but it's rare.

FlyersFan61290 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:28 AM
  #22
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
that's kinda my point. almost any capable starting goalies or d-men won't hit UFA. I mean it happens from time to time but it's rare.
and with the new cba it will be even more rare.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:30 AM
  #23
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Why the hell would you give OEL 7m for 6 years?

He's not at that level yet
because thats what you have to do to potentially scare off the yotes.

Weber isnt worth 7.8 for 14 years either...

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:31 AM
  #24
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Why did people think Edler would hit the market? Did people think that (unless you're Nashville), you don't let top-pairing defensemen hit the open market?
Rumors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Better hope the Flyers start producing them within the system, because the league is trending to that being the only way you can get them.
Then you better hope Schenn becomes a monster.

I'm also curious as to whether or not Streit will want to stay in NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
because thats what you have to do to potentially scare off the yotes.

Weber isnt worth 7.8 for 14 years either...
Weber is worth whatever anyone will pay the most for him.

I'm still in shock that Nashville matched a potentially franchise-destroying contract.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:32 AM
  #25
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
And op, we will have money to spend, but no one to pay. This is the life under the new cba. I just hope we dont overpay mid level talent just to spend that cap.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.