HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#1 - 01/19/2013 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/sta...75661842247680
Quote:
Torts confirms lineup with Bickel as sixth d-man and Segal playing up front. So Eminger, Gilroy and Asham (suspended 1 game) are scratches.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Halfboard
New Look

Jackets fan here.............get ready to enjoy your newest player. You guys are gonna love Nash. He will truly break-out now that he's with a real NHL team & line mates. Get ready for a great ride. Go win the cup!

Old
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
I'm going to the game and am really worried about dealing with Southies. Should I wear my jersey or not? I figure as long as I don't talk back to them, I'll be fine. Still, what are your takes on this?
I had no problems when I was there last year. The worst ribbing I got was a 5 year old telling me that "O'Callahan sucks."

Old
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
I'm going to the game and am really worried about dealing with Southies. Should I wear my jersey or not? I figure as long as I don't talk back to them, I'll be fine. Still, what are your takes on this?
Wear your jersey. Stand and clap when the Rangers score, and be happy when they do. If someone gets in your face or starts heckling you, just ignore it. Just because it's Boston doesn't make it any worse. I've been to plenty of arenas for Rangers games that aren't the Garden, and those are the rules I've gone by.

I've had **** thrown at me (Buffalo) and people heckle me (New Jersey) but I've never experienced any physical violence.

As long as you're not the away fan who comes into the place and thinks he owns it, I think you'll be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfboard View Post
Jackets fan here.............get ready to enjoy your newest player. You guys are gonna love Nash. He will truly break-out now that he's with a real NHL team & line mates. Get ready for a great ride. Go win the cup!
Thanks man, we're all very excited! Enjoy Dubinsky and Artie! If they bring the passion they brought to New York, they should become favorites quickly. Just tell Anisimov to keep his head up

Old
01-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Enjoy Anisimov, he's the nicest, awkwardest goof you'll ever see. And his wrist shot can be deadly.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:07 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
It's South Boston. These ****ers are crazy. Worse than Philly. All they do is drink and wanna fight you. My dad went to BU, he warned me. He knows all about it.

Although I'm sure there will be a ****ton of Ranger fans there to make it feel more safe.
If you are actually going out in Southie I personally would not recommend it. I've had guys trying to pick fights with me there for less.

If you are talking about going to the Garden and the area around the Garden it's not big deal at all. Have fun, Boston is a great town aside from their sports teams.

01-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140
Just looking at the rosters of each team, we seem to be deeper on the 3rd and 4th lines. I like our 3rd pairing more as well.

Only advantage Boston has here is many of their guys have been playing during the lockout.

Should be a dandy!

I'll say Rangers 4-3 win

Old
01-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Enjoy Anisimov, he's the nicest, awkwardest goof you'll ever see. And his wrist shot can be deadly.
And just realize that he can be an INCREDIBLY frustrating payer at times

Old
01-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
LOL, nicely put. Arty was a character for sure.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:27 AM
TUQ

Wow, Boston has really deep team...

Old
01-19-2013, 11:30 AM
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

I can't believe it's finally starting......

Let's Go Rangers !!

Old
01-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfboard View Post
thanks , that's the plan!

I think most Ranger fans like Dubi, kid has heart. AA also is a good two way player and pretty funny. We didnt see Erixon much but he will likely turn into an steady NHL Dman

Old
01-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Your kidding right? Its not remotely that bad and nowhere NEAR as bad as Philly. My dad lives in Boston and I work with plenty of people form boston who lived there for 15+ and 20+ years.

*Edit: Also people will pick fights where ever you go. Not wearing your Rangers Jersey in an attempt to avoid what may be inevitable regardless of what you wear is not the solution. Wear your Ranger gear and **** what any of them say or think.

01-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
Just looking at the rosters of each team, we seem to be deeper on the 3rd and 4th lines. I like our 3rd pairing more as well.

Only advantage Boston has here is many of their guys have been playing during the lockout.

Should be a dandy!

I'll say Rangers 4-3 win
I actually see it the other way around/

Boston line up below. I like the Rangers top 4 F better in Nash, Richards, Gaborik, Callahan. Stepan I have total confidence in but not sure what to expect from Hagelin in a top 6 role. I see him as a better 3rd liner but Kreider as a better 2nd eventually

Kelly vs Boyle and Pyatt vs Peverley the Bruins have the edge. Bourque is a bubble player but only playing cause Caron is injured. Caron and Kreider both really dont have much experience.

4th line Campbell is a younger version of Halpern, Asham and Thornton are a wash and Paille I would take over Rupp.

Really these teams should be beasts in the East

LW C RW
Brad Marchand Patrice Bergeron (A) Tyler Seguin
Milan Lucic David Krejci Nathan Horton
Chris Bourque(Caron hurt) Chris Kelly Rich Peverley
Daniel Paille Gregory Campbell Shawn Thornton

Old
01-19-2013, 11:43 AM
SERE 24
LGR

The day is here. I'm so pumped. I'm not even going to be bummed if we don't open with a win; this season is going to be a good one for us and I'm just ecstatic to have hockey back. It finally feels real.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:44 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Your kidding right? Its not remotely that bad and nowhere NEAR as bad as Philly. My dad lives in Boston and I work with plenty of people form boston who lived there for 15+ and 20+ years.
To be fair, if he is talking about actually going into Southie before or after I would not recommend it. The neighborhood has definitely changed a bit in recent years but still.

The area around the TD Garden is awesome though. May get some ribbing but that's it.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:46 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Been to games at TD Garden. It's a good area. Should be fine as others have reported.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:48 AM
SERE 24
LGR

I think the difference in this game is Rask. He's a good goalie, but he's been in Thomas' shadow for the most part. Henrik has the edge every day of the week but if Tuukka doesn't show up in starter form right out of the gate, the Rangers will have a huge edge. Otherwise, the rosters are both very deep and well matched.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

What with Gilroy being in mid season form I would have gone with him.

Because the conditioning won't be very good, we will probably see more of the 4th line than we might otherwise.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
To be fair, if he is talking about actually going into Southie before or after I would not recommend it. The neighborhood has definitely changed a bit in recent years but still.

The area around the TD Garden is awesome though. May get some ribbing but that's it.
I guess I just disagree. Then again I used to go to Islander games (when the Rangers weren't playing and this was PRE lockout) and be decked out in Rangers gear so maybe I am the wrong person to take advice from on this subject.

Last edited by Gardner McKay: 01-19-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old
01-19-2013, 11:53 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

How I've missed these! Great job as always Loffen

LGR!

Old
01-19-2013, 11:55 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Went to the game last year where Gaborik won in overtime and I was fine. I didn't hear one comment the entire day and most of the fans were actually nice and welcoming. Caught me off guard for sure as I was expecting some hostility but that's probably because I was in Philly three weeks earlier for the WC.

01-19-2013, 11:56 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I think the difference in this game is Rask. He's a good goalie, but he's been in Thomas' shadow for the most part. Henrik has the edge every day of the week but if Tuukka doesn't show up in starter form right out of the gate, the Rangers will have a huge edge. Otherwise, the rosters are both very deep and well matched.
Based off the analytic board, he also had by far the easiest schedule as a goalie last season.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Based off the analytic board, he also had by far the easiest schedule as a goalie last season.
Ive never been really sold on Rask and IMO is the achilles heal of an otherwise stout Boston team.

Old
01-19-2013, 12:03 PM
azrok22

Quote:
What with Gilroy being in mid season form I would have gone with him.

Because the conditioning won't be very good, we will probably see more of the 4th line than we might otherwise.
Gilroy's midseason form isn't exactly roses and lollipops. I much prefer the more stable and physical presence that Bickel provides against a physical team like Boston than Gilroy.

Closed Thread