HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings Renew Bid to Acquire Luongo.(merged)

Old
06-21-2006, 01:25 AM
Georgia Panther

vCash: 500
Thank you to the LA Kings for this offer, even if it is a choice one of Frolov and Brown instead of both. Because it's only the first offer and sure to drive the price up for Luongo ultimately leading to a windfall trade for the Cats.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 01:26 AM
SuperUnknown

If Florida could get Frolov, they should jump on the occasion. Maybe they can have Garon (Luongo clone but not as good) and a 1st pick as well.

Frolov will be a 100 points player, so in the end he will have a greater value than Luongo himself.

Plus, it would be funny if Luongo wants to sign a 1 year deal only in LA and see the management commitment to win before signing long term. I'm not so sure Dean Lombardi will turn the team around.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 01:31 AM
riseandfall9

Dont be stupid... You think they are gonna make a trade without a little bit of insurence on Luongos part? Dean Lombardi isnt that stupid

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Absolutely horrible for the Kings if this happens. One or the other maybe, but both? If both go, Olesz or Stewart better be coming back.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 01:34 AM
riseandfall9

No Reaper they are giving us Van Ryn or Bouwmeester ....

Old
06-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Ekblast
Formerly Akgoalie7

Send a message via AIM to Ekblast
Roberta's value just went up.....

CHAAAAA---CHINGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Ekblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 01:39 AM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9
Dont be stupid... You think they are gonna make a trade without a little bit of insurence on Luongos part? Dean Lombardi isnt that stupid
I don't see why Luongo would commit more to the Kings than to the Panthers. The Kings missed the playoffs. They have a bad defense. They have a new management (GM and Coach). Nothing that says they will compete in the next few years.

Lombardi wants to build around the goaltender, but I'm not sure Luongo wants to wait another rebuild. That's the reason why I'm saying he might not want to sign long term with LA either.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 01:41 AM
riseandfall9

A Team with Luongo , Demitra , Gleason , a Boat Load of young guys in the pipeline , a Stanley cup winning coach and an owner committed to winning is far from rebuilding dude

Plus Keenan could have locked Luongo up a long time ago but hes getting cheap, the diffrence between 6.25 and 7 Million(the number Luongo wants) is 750,000 Dollars witch is peanuts to the organization.

Old
06-21-2006, 01:46 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
A Team with Luongo , Demitra , Gleason , a Boat Load of young guys in the pipeline , a Stanley cup winning coach and an owner committed to winning is far from rebuilding dude
If the Kings traded the players being talked about, they'd be alot closer to being in the Panthers boat.

The franchise is in flux right now...it's not clear what's going to happen. That would seem to indicate the RL would be hesitant to sign long term. However, a trade like this is too costly for there not to be an assurance of a long term deal.

At this point, given the organizational cost in getting Luongo, I'd prefer to go with Garon and Labarbera next season.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 01:48 AM
Ekblast
Formerly Akgoalie7

Send a message via AIM to Ekblast
Quote:

Plus Keenan could have locked Luongo up a long time ago but hes getting cheap, the diffrence between 6.25 and 7 Million(the number Luongo wants) is 750,000 Dollars witch is peanuts to the organization.
Uhmmm.. let's go back...

Luongo wanted 5 mil.... we said 5 mil... then he said no.. 5.5... so we said 6 mil... he said no.. more... then we said 6.5... then 7......

Who's being cheap Now??

Ekblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 01:48 AM
riseandfall9

I dont think DL is going to trade for Luongo, Trade Frolov and Brown without a plan. Thats just what I Think. Were just use to the Dave Taylor trades that have no sense behind them. Im sure he will trade for Luongo and pull another move or too to soilidy the team.

Old
06-21-2006, 01:49 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
I don't see why Luongo would commit more to the Kings than to the Panthers. The Kings missed the playoffs. They have a bad defense. They have a new management (GM and Coach). Nothing that says they will compete in the next few years.

Lombardi wants to build around the goaltender, but I'm not sure Luongo wants to wait another rebuild. That's the reason why I'm saying he might not want to sign long term with LA either.
You are exactly right.

Luongo will not sign a long term deal with the Kings.

Keep in mind DL is not stupid, and will not trade for Luongo unless he signs long term. This leads me to the conclusion that this deal is never gone happen.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 01:52 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
You are exactly right.

Luongo will not sign a long term deal with the Kings.

Keep in mind DL is not stupid, and will not trade for Luongo unless he signs long term. This leads me to the conclusion that this deal is never gone happen.
Oh snap its Luongos agent here to tell us the truth? How the heck do you know ....

Old
06-21-2006, 01:56 AM
8snake

Let me apologize for being so confident Luongo would not net the Panthers much because of his situation. If this proposal is legit, the Panthers and Keenan would have struck gold. As a Detroit fan I want no part of trying to best that.

8snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 01:57 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Oh snap its Luongos agent here to tell us the truth? How the heck do you know ....
If it's not the truth then why hasn't Luongo signed in Floridia yet?

It's certainly not money.

Old
06-21-2006, 02:02 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:

Maybe he is mad at the Panthers for taking him to arbitration ?

Maybe he got the idea stuck in his head that Keenan is a slimbucket and will sign him and trade him before his no trade clause went into effect? Like they did to Joe Thornton

There could be 50,000 things that none of us know about.

Old
06-21-2006, 02:10 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:

I don't think Luongo has any reason to jump at the prospect of signing long term with the Kings.

However, because DL is interested, perhaps he does know something about Luongo's unwillingness to sign with the Panthers. Given this dance that he and Keenan have been doing for the past 2 years, maybe he just wants out of the organization. Because, IMO, the Panthers aren't that far off from being a playoff team-I think there's a good chance that they make it next season, in fact.

Of course none of this changes the excessive cost to the Kings in acquiring him; I just thought I'd make the point. And while we're on the subject, I'll make another which might play into DL's reasoning in exploring this trade. I think many of us are of the opinion that he'd be crazy to do the 3 solid young players for RL type deal. But an argument that I was attempting to make when these rumours popped up at the deadline was that Keenan is going to need a good young netminder to replace Luongo once he's gone, since I doubt he plans to start a rebuild when his team is so close to becoming a playoff fixture. The Kings are one of the few teams that can offer him that (Despite most people's low regard for Garon, I can assure you that he's got all the tools to be an above-average #1). So perhaps taking this into account drives the personnel cost down from the Kings end?

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 02:14 AM
riseandfall9

Not the mention they fired his goalie coach without telling him , And they refused to draft his younger brother Fabio so that he could mentor him after 3 or 4 years in AHL.

I think he has a Reason for wanting out of FL.

And I Think it will be Garon , Frolov , Boyle <- my prediction dont flame but you herd it here first

Old
06-21-2006, 02:15 AM
riseandfall9

By the way... I would like to say that I really enjoy reading what Kingsfan25 has to say!

Old
06-21-2006, 02:18 AM
nikolai19

If the deal is Brown or Frolov and Garon for Luongo then that's fine. Don't include both. If it's both Brown and Frolov, I would expect someone like Van Ryn coming in return as well.

nikolai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2006, 02:20 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
I don't think Luongo has any reason to jump at the prospect of signing long term with the Kings.

However, because DL is interested, perhaps he does know something about Luongo's unwillingness to sign with the Panthers. Given this dance that he and Keenan have been doing for the past 2 years, maybe he just wants out of the organization. Because, IMO, the Panthers aren't that far off from being a playoff team-I think there's a good chance that they make it next season, in fact.

Of course none of this changes the excessive cost to the Kings in acquiring him; I just thought I'd make the point. And while we're on the subject, I'll make another which might play into DL's reasoning in exploring this trade. I think many of us are of the opinion that he'd be crazy to do the 3 solid young players for RL type deal. But an argument that I was attempting to make when these rumours popped up at the deadline was that Keenan is going to need a good young netminder to replace Luongo once he's gone, since I doubt he plans to start a rebuild when his team is so close to becoming a playoff fixture. The Kings are one of the few teams that can offer him that (Despite most people's low regard for Garon, I can assure you that he's got all the tools to be an above-average #1). So perhaps taking this into account drives the personnel cost down from the Kings end?
I have no problem with DL exploring this trade. A good GM looks into all available options for improving his team.

You make some good points in your post and I believe that the Kings are one of the few teams that could make this happen.

Of course everything is going to hinge on whether or not RL is willing to sign a long term deal with the Kings. I highly doubt that will happen happen, but if it does maybe this trade could turn out half decent for the Kings.

This looks a little better:

To LA: Luongo w/ a new 5yr 30M contract.

To Fla: Frolov, Garon, 11th

That wouldn't be so bad, but I would still rather avoid the trade and stick with what we got.

Note: Would anyone be open to the idea of trading Demitra?

Old
06-21-2006, 02:23 AM
riseandfall9

[/QUOTE]Note: Would anyone be open to the idea of trading Demitra?[/QUOTE]

Hell no? If the Kings trade Demitra, They will loose 8,000 Dollars of Season tickets from me.

TO FL : Garon , Frolov , Belanger , and the 11th

TO LA: Luongo , Kolnik

Thats what i think

Last edited by riseandfall9: 06-21-2006 at 02:29 AM.
Old
06-21-2006, 02:38 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
If the Kings trade Demitra, They will loose 8,000 Dollars of Season tickets from me.
Why?

He's not part of our future. He's only gonna be here this season and next.

Demitra is a soft player and not the type that will win you a stanley cup. The guy is invisible during big games.

Don't get me wrong though, he's a very skilled player and I enjoy watching him. I just don't think he is valuable to the team long term.

Old
06-21-2006, 02:45 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Why?

He's not part of our future. He's only gonna be here this season and next.

Demitra is a soft player and not the type that will win you a stanley cup. The guy is invisible during big games.

Don't get me wrong though, he's a very skilled player and I enjoy watching him. I just don't think he is valuable to the team long term.
Sorry dude i guess i like soft hockey. I dont pay 8,000 dollars a season to watch morons like Sean Avery and Mattias Norstrom or our future playing 10 mins a game.

Hes invisible? Just shows how much you know he has 43 Points in 66 Playoff games...He would match Elias`s Playoff points if he played in as many as Elias.

He just turned 31? He has a good 5 More years in him, maybe in 5 years ill agree with you

Old
06-21-2006, 02:45 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:

theres not really a boatload of top end young guys.

If i'm Keenan I want Frolov or Brown plus LA's first and a defensive prospect as well as Garon.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote