HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Jagr sucks, eh?

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 10:06 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead17
Jagr has incredible skill. He's one of the only guys in the league who can average more than a point a game and be underachieving. However, he is still doing that. For a guy making $11 million dollars, he's definitely not doing his money's worth.

~Canucklehead~
I agree with what you are saying, jusst one thing though I think we fans look at what these players are making and put too much stock in that. If Jagr were making the league minimum he would still be underachiving because of the tremendose skill he has when his heas is on straight.

One of the worst things for the sport is when the players salaries were made public. It compounded a lot of the games problems today.

Old
12-12-2003, 11:41 PM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy
There's a big difference between "Jagr sucks" and "Jagr is a crybaby / mental case / etc". Being a tremendous talent and a complete head case are not mutually exclusive. Not sure why this is so hard for some people to figure out. I've never actually heard anyone claim that Jagr sucks as a player, only that his attitude sucks.

praise jesus. Its like people think caps fans want Jagr to play with no heart. Personally, i'm glad that Jagr has stepped up his production, and I hope he does even more. Maybe then we can pawn him and some money off for some awesome top prospect. That would be very very cool. Does anyone think that'd be possible if he starts playing like the hockey god he is?

Old
12-12-2003, 11:56 PM
EroCaps

I say give it two weeks; league leader in scoring Jarda Jagr is traded to Anaheim for Perry, Vishnevski, and a 1st, eating 3 mill. a year.- you heard it here first.

Old
12-13-2003, 05:18 AM
Krom

Jagr's statistical production has dropped considerably since his trade. But the big difference that stands out is that he no longer seems to have that incredible desire to beat his man, or pursue the puck, or go to the net, etc., etc, that he had in Pitt. The relentlessness seems to have greatly diminished. It still bubbles up now and then, but not with the consistency it used to.

And the Caps certainly haven't gotten decent return for their money -- 2 out of 3 years (it appears) out of the playoffs.

Old
12-13-2003, 05:53 AM
Robert Paulson*

I'm sure it's been said already, but people are saying "Jagr sucks" because if he was playing at the top of his talent level, he'd be 10+ points AHEAD of Naslund in the points race. He's the most talented player in the NHL right now, period, but he's not using it all.

Old
12-13-2003, 06:21 AM
King of Kelvington

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPens63
I'm sure it's been said already, but people are saying "Jagr sucks" because if he was playing at the top of his talent level, he'd be 10+ points AHEAD of Naslund in the points race. He's the most talented player in the NHL right now, period, but he's not using it all.
Maybe hes lost it, maybe he dosent have the mustard anymore...maybe we should be expecting less, i dunno, fact is hes had some bad times in the capital city and the public ongoing auction (with NO takers) for his services dosent help his ego...he funked up!

Closed Thread