HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Fozzie
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Hi, fellow UK viewer here. Been following this thread for a while hoping that the Premier Sports situation wouldn't lead to any blackouts.. Obviously now it has I'm pretty annoyed - same as you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillaradio View Post
I'm in the UK, signed up again for GLC, and I've signed up with a VPN provider - 5 a month. Really easy to setup and configure. I feel like I'm in a James Bond film - someone will rush into a room to catch me and all that is there is a computer and I am in another country.

Premier Sports can go to hell. Poxy channel, hope they fold.
Which provider did you go with? I was looking at Astrill earlier which seemed quite good.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:30 PM
vanillaradio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie View Post
Hi, fellow UK viewer here. Been following this thread for a while hoping that the Premier Sports situation wouldn't lead to any blackouts.. Obviously now it has I'm pretty annoyed - same as you guys.

Which provider did you go with? I was looking at Astrill earlier which seemed quite good.
hidemyass

Old
01-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Greecian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
So, only up to 3000 kbps for GCL? Who said it will be 4500?

Also, each time I click on game, it takes me to preview page instead of stream page. Fix this NHL!
It said 4500 in their FAQ.

EDIT: https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/hel...=gcl-cs-module

Click on system requirements and you'll see it.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Eddy Livingstone

Ok, talked to a representative just now. He told me there is a change in policy for my area and games shown on ESPN America will be blacked out for us. According to this guy it is the result of a new agreement with ESPN America.

He did agree that this has not been properly communicated with customers, but that it is the policy for this season. I suggest a big protest with both ESPN America and the NHL is in order.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:36 PM
RebelMe
The Last Unconcussed

Send a message via ICQ to RebelMe
I am extremely disappointed to see blackouts in Europe. The service lost half its value for me right now and come playoffs it's gonna be absolutely useless since every good game is gonna be on TV and I don't have one. I'll have to start paying for a VPN...://///

The only 3PM game available here in Czech Republic is Ottawa-Winnipeg. That sucks big time.

Does anyone have experience with hockeystreams.com? Is the quality good?

Old
01-19-2013, 02:36 PM
TeamStewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
blackouts in germany?? For the Hawks-Kings game:

wtf is this ****

Oh well looks like I won't be porting in through Germany. Does anyone know of a country where it's NOT blocked out?

Old
01-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Greecian

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
delete
NHL.com shows a scoreboard at the top. Click on whichever game you're interested in watching. It already says "Watch Now" for the Sens and Jets game.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Sacul

I just subscribed to NHL Center Ice last night in hopes that I would be able to view the Flyers vs Penguins game today. However, I do not see it listed anywhere. I live in Edmonton so I don't understand why it would be blacked out. This is all very confusing to me.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Jumex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Livingstone View Post
Ok, talked to a representative just now. He told me there is a change in policy for my area and games shown on ESPN America will be blacked out for us. According to this guy it is the result of a new agreement with ESPN America.

He did agree that this has not been properly communicated with customers, but that it is the policy for this season. I suggest a big protest with both ESPN America and the NHL is in order.
It's such BS, ESPN America doesn't even have hockey on in the UK - so it's blacking out games we couldn't watch even if want to..

Old
01-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
I just subscribed to NHL Center Ice last night in hopes that I would be able to view the Flyers vs Penguins game today. However, I do not see it listed anywhere. I live in Edmonton so I don't understand why it would be blacked out. This is all very confusing to me.
Ya I'm pretty sure it is blacked out even though we don't even get it here. So ****ing stupid.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaBudsFan View Post
Looks like I'll be plugging my laptop into my tv today. Anyone watch using this method? If so, how is it?
Perfect. Watching on a 46-inch TV screen here. But even better is watching it via Apple TV (that little box that looks like a hockey puck and connects to your TV set). Also, streaming from the iPad or iPhone to the TV set (AirPlay) has worked great for me.

Basically, you get the same top quality of picture using all 3 methods -- the only difference between them is in terms of convenience. Watching via Apple TV is super-convenient, streaming from iPad/iPhone is moderately convenient, and manually connecting and disconnecting your laptop to/from your TV set every time, can be quite annoying, actually.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Is GCL working with Google Chrome? If I click on the Flyers/Pens Game there is a black screen and it is not loading, if I try with Firefox the video is loading and it says "The Game will begin soon".

Old
01-19-2013, 02:45 PM
RedBruin

Kings vs Hawks blacked out for me here. Anyone know a country without blackouts at all ? Would come in handy when searching for proxies.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:46 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBruin View Post
Kings vs Hawks blacked out for me here. Anyone know a country without blackouts at all ? Would come in handy when searching for proxies.
canada

Old
01-19-2013, 02:47 PM
ceciltaylor

I can't freakin' believe this. Why is the Kings-Blackhawks blacked out in THE NETHERLANDS.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Sacul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
Ya I'm pretty sure it is blacked out even though we don't even get it here. So ****ing stupid.
Looks like I'll be using an illegal stream to view the game despite having paid a subscription to the NHL so that I could view it legally in HD. At least the Rangers game is being broadcast later on this afternoon.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Livingstone View Post

I think they have some serious problems. No games are blacked out for me, and I'm watching ESPN America right now on my TV.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
Please guys, let's all start mercilessly bombarding GameCenter Live tech support with complaints, and with requests to remove the blackouts, if we find out we cannot watch tonight's games. We must make it clear that this is not acceptable to us as paying customers! Or does the NHL prefer everyone to watch pirate streams instead?

Here is where you can submit your complaints:

http://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/help.htm

See the 3 options in the top right corner of your screen. Let's call them, chat with them, email them!

Old
01-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Downloaded a proxy but when I click on the steam I get: The selected broadcast is not available for this game, please select an alternate broadcast feed. Is that their way of saying it's not live yet?

Old
01-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Perfect. Watching on a 46-inch TV screen here. But even better is watching it via Apple TV (that little box that looks like a hockey puck and connects to your TV set). Also, streaming from the iPad or iPhone to the TV set (AirPlay) has worked great for me.

Basically, you get the same top quality of picture using all 3 methods -- the only difference between them is in terms of convenience. Watching via Apple TV is super-convenient, streaming from iPad/iPhone is moderately convenient, and manually connecting and disconnecting your laptop to/from your TV set every time, can be quite annoying, actually.
I'm on the gamecenter app for the Apple tv and nothing is playing.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned or not but I haven't confirmed this yet but I'm now being told that Rogers is offering NHL Centre Ice as a Stand Alone Product again and that you do Not have to buy the Super Sports Package to get it.

I'll let you know once I confirm.
I spoke to Rogers and they confirmed that you can buy Just NHL Center Ice. It's $49.99 for the season.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:52 PM
RedBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Downloaded a proxy but when I click on the steam I get: The selected broadcast is not available for this game, please select an alternate broadcast feed. Is that their way of saying it's not live yet?
No that means there is no alternate feed. It's an NBC game.

Old
Joe The Lion

http://support.unblock-us.com/custom...hout-blackouts

Old
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBruin View Post
Following their "logic", this game should be blacked out all over the planet Earth. I'm in Slovakia, the game is not shown on any TV channel accessible here, and I still can't watch? This is unacceptable, and we must let them know we're not gonna take it.

Send them your IP address and request for the blackout to be lifted. It reportedly worked in the past. I'm gonna do it for sure, if the game isn't streamed.

Old
tpedersen21

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
So, only up to 3000 kbps for GCL? Who said it will be 4500?

Also, each time I click on game, it takes me to preview page instead of stream page. Fix this NHL!
This. Extremely frustrating, it was the same way the entire last season for me. Also I could never user picture in picture, or the 4 game mosaic view last season.. just took me to the preview page whenever I tried to add a game.

Closed Thread