HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Hall-Yakupov vs Seguin-Galchenyuk

View Poll Results: Which pair would you take on your team?
Hall-Yakupov 251 48.83%
Seguin-Galchenyuk 243 47.28%
Too close 20 3.89%
Voters: 514. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
Really? Seguin is ">>" better then Hall? Please explain how Seguin is SO much better then Hall? I can understand = and maybe even just one ">" but two? wow.

Honestly neither one of them have done anything spectacular to pull themselves away from eachother.
As a guy who has watched alot of both of them..with habs vs bruins..and living in Edmonton. I just love Seguins game much more than hall and that kills me to say it.

Seguin is just a better all around player. Makes guys around him better, more creativity, more agility. Hall is a better straight forward skater, but Seguin is a very agile skater.. Love is shiftiness and ability to make something out of nothing.
That play he made to break free in the playoffs made my jaw drop. I think it was against tampa?

I see hall as more of a 30-30 type. While seguin has elite scoring upside.
And I will always lean towards the C over the W.

Just one guys opinion.

EDIT: This is the goal i was talking about:

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Cam98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
As a guy who has watched alot of both of them..with habs vs bruins..and living in Edmonton. I just love Seguins game much more than hall and that kills me to say it.

Seguin is just a better all around player. Makes guys around him better, more creativity, more agility. Hall is a better straight forward skater, but Seguin is a very agile skater.. Love is shiftiness and ability to make something out of nothing.
That play he made to break free in the playoffs made my jaw drop. I think it was against tampa?

I see hall as more of a 30-30 type. While seguin has elite scoring upside.
And I will always lean towards the C over the W.

Just one guys opinion.

EDIT: This is the goal i was talking about:
Seguin makes players around him better but Hall doesn't? LOL.

Cam98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:32 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 494
Close ofc but I like Seguin-Galchenyuk more.. better hockey sense, easier to build team around them imo.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboo View Post
My guess is that most of them would
Please show me some then?

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:27 AM
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 438
Quote:
50 goals to 31 goals in the OHL says different.

Also, Gal might be bigger, but Yak is very physical and has layed out quite a few big hits.
LOL, you looked at how many goals each scored but didn't realize the game difference...poor math skills

Yakupov: 49G in 65 games
Gally: 27 goals in 33 games

So to sum it up:
Yakupov: 0.75g/gp
Gally: 0.82g/gp

Seems fair enough to say they're pretty much even or that Gally is slightly better, but on a smaller sample size.

01-18-2013, 05:50 AM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
maybe, because has the year progressed his points per game were increasing? He began very slow, then has was normal, then good, than very good ....
and maybe he was hitting a hot streak and would begin to cool off.... your predicing that he would perform better than he has all season in the following games which is unreasonable. the fact that you tried to use "if he played more games" as a way to boost his ppg is beyond retarded. thats like me saying "oh well if Hall had played 82 games instead of being injured for part of the year he wouldnt have finished with around 71 points as the pro rated stats show, he would have finished with 93 and been in the elite of the league since he seemed to get better as the season went on..."

ppg is what you get from a player considering hot streaks and cold streaks, you cant assume that they will play above their average for the season for the rest of the year and use it as an argument

Last edited by KidLine93: 01-18-2013 at 06:15 AM.
KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:58 AM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
Then why haven't you asked for reasons why Hall is better from the people that chose him? Hall supporters also haven't provided any reasons why Hall is better other than "oh, he scored at a higher PPG rate last year". Yeah, cool, he would have scored 3 or 4 more points in a full season, MAYBE, IF he played a full season. On the other hand, he also could have gone on a cold streak and scored 3 or 4 points less than Seguin. You can't put the burden of proof on just one side, it has to go both ways. Don't expect anyone to provide reasons their argument is correct, if you don't provide reasons yours is.
more points in less games, more hits, has a physical edge and grittyness that seguin does not. show me a clip of seguin hitting someone. look on youtube for Hall highlight compilations and he's thrown a couple big hits while taking a few and getting back up. the kid has grit. boom. theres a few reasons

Last edited by KidLine93: 01-18-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old
01-18-2013, 06:00 AM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Markov's problems started with a freak injury as well just so you know.

2010-2011: Taylor Hall injures his ankle... if he was smarter, he wouldn't have gotten into a fight. He played 65 games.
2011-2012: Shoulder injury... that's been a problem for him and has nothing freak about it. He only played 61 games and the skate to face didn't cause him to miss any significant amount of time (missed 1 game I believe).

There is a difference between one injury and repetitive injuries.

Hall needs to learn to be smarter...
Last week

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle7053165/
no mention of seguins wrist injury this spring?

Old
01-18-2013, 06:05 AM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
For some reason I thought Seguin was about 6'3. My bad.

Gally has about 3 inches on Yakupov, and yes, to me that means something. Especially considering there is no real gap in talent, IMO, between both players.

So yeah, my point still stands, but to a lesser extent. I could also add that I see both Seguin and Gally as more cerebral types of players, which I personally tend to prefer over power-types of forwards.
thats a valid argument

Old
01-18-2013, 10:43 AM
DatsyukianDeke*
Dangle Dangle

Seguin and Gally ainec.

DatsyukianDeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Islanderfan17

IMO Hall is more of a force by himself, but Seguin is the kind of player who will make his teammates better. To me, it's kind of like Tavares vs. Stamkos, Stamkos is a bigger lone offensive threat but Tavares can elevate the play of his linemates pretty significantly.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDeke View Post
Seguin and Gally ainec.
Arrogance at its finest

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Also, I would just like to know what Gal has done to overtake the CONSENSUS number 1 since the draft, other thne get drafted by your favourite team?
I wonder if anyone will answer this?

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Both pairings are fantastic. I hate the Bruins. However, I would have to say the Seguin-Galchenyuk pairing has an advantage. Size down the middle along with skill is just such a useful commodity. I also (I can NOT believe I will print this so it can be used against me) believe Seguin is a better player than Hall (overall). Unfortunately. I hate the Bruins.

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:14 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
I wonder if anyone will answer this?
I've been a believer in Gally since before the draft. I'm in the boat that thinks he's always been the better player, but his injury kept him from really challenging Yak for the #1 spot.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Bonecrusher11
Swedish goal king

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post
more points in less games, more hits, has a physical edge and grittyness that seguin does not. show me a clip of seguin hitting someone. look on youtube for Hall highlight compilations and he's thrown a couple big hits while taking a few and getting back up. the kid has grit. boom. theres a few reasons
Ask and ye shall receive. Only one I could find though No question Hall is more physical than Seguin

Bonecrusher11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
I've been a believer in Gally since before the draft. I'm in the boat that thinks he's always been the better player, but his injury kept him from really challenging Yak for the #1 spot.
Ok, but you realize youre in the minority.

Also, werent you commenting earlier in the thread about the durability of Seguin putting him above Hall? If youre going to make excuses for Galchenyuk, maybe you should concede that Hall would have had better seasons than Seguin, but his injuries kept him from really challenging Seguin for the points race.

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
LOL, you looked at how many goals each scored but didn't realize the game difference...poor math skills

So to sum it up:

Seems fair enough to say they're pretty much even or that Gally is slightly better, but on a smaller sample size.
I don't even know where to start. How about you make a educated argument, try and figure out what you did wrong here.
I doubt you'll find It though after that embarrassment of a post.

God awful math skills and common sense

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

Quote:

So to sum it up:

So you're comparing Yakupovs rookie year to Galchenyuks 3rd year?

Let's make it a bigger scale.

Yakupov's career OHL goals per game average: 0.75

Galchenyuks career OHL goals per game average 0.57

Your calculation's are unfair and awful.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:55 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
Ok, but you realize youre in the minority.

Also, werent you commenting earlier in the thread about the durability of Seguin putting him above Hall? If youre going to make excuses for Galchenyuk, maybe you should concede that Hall would have had better seasons than Seguin, but his injuries kept him from really challenging Seguin for the points race.
If you actually read my posts in this thread you would find that I think they're equal in terms of skill, and I listed Seguin's durability as the reason I personally would take him over Hall, among other reasons.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:31 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher11 View Post
Ask and ye shall receive. Only one I could find though No question Hall is more physical than Seguin
LOL he hit a rough player too. I stand corrected

Old
01-19-2013, 12:35 PM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Unit View Post
Most hockey fans aren't very knowledgeable. I hate to say it but it's true. Also, I linked a TSN top 50 players ranking where they rank Seguin much higher than Hall (19 spots). This would seem consistent with this and other Who's better? Hall vs Seguin polls that usually see Seguin at around 60% and Hall around 40%. I'm not saying you're wrong at all; in fact I totally agree with you that a good full season out of Hall may change everything. I'm simply stating that there's a perception out there that Seguin is much better and it's not just from HF, many "knowledgeable" hockey analysts seem to think he's better too, even if it's just for the moment.
Probably because Seguin finish first in scoring on a pretty good team while Hall finish 2nd on an aweful one. Add to that scouts like to see improvement curve and Seguin's one was through the roof, while last years Hall was kinda the same players as his first year (exept the first 10-15 games).

But like some have said, they're close and if Hall finish first on the Oil in scoring with a good improvement curve this year and Seguin doesn't respond, then alot of people will go with Hall at this time next year.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:44 PM
reffree

Quote:

So to sum it up:

Glad Gally is somewhat better than Yak TWO YEARS AFTER.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:54 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Hall =/very close Seguin

Yakupov>Gal

So.. I vote Oilers but it's very close..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:39 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Probably because Seguin finish first in scoring on a pretty good team while Hall finish 2nd on an aweful one. Add to that scouts like to see improvement curve and Seguin's one was through the roof, while last years Hall was kinda the same players as his first year (exept the first 10-15 games).

But like some have said, they're close and if Hall finish first on the Oil in scoring with a good improvement curve this year and Seguin doesn't respond, then alot of people will go with Hall at this time next year.
Wow that's a bad argument. What a bad post. I don't think I need to break down why.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote