HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Considering NHL Gamecenter live - any thoughts?

Old
01-19-2013, 02:20 PM
mbowman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
Is nhl.com or gamecenter.nhl.com working for anyone?
yup. every other website works fine, i think there's too much traffic on their servers. well done, nhl

mbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Guy Boucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowman View Post
yup. every other website works fine, i think there's too much traffic on their servers. well done, nhl
And here I thought the fans were gonna boycott lol.

Guy Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:28 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

CI is working here in Calgary.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:35 PM
DIrwin

Okay so I purchased unblock-us it says on the top corner of their homepage that my account is active, and that the device is setup correctly "it is using our dns"

So now do I just buy gamecentre live and the leaf game won't be blacked out?!

Or is there more I have to do?

DIrwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Can't imagine giving the NHL money this year. Or next, really. But chacun son gut.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Vxnation

vCash: 50
is anyone having luck with unblock-us and gamecenter at the same time. if so can u give me the link your watching game center off of.

as of now, nhl.com/ice/gamecenter or whatever doesnt work when i have my dns set up and working with unblock-us.

if i reset my dns i can watch the live feeds but have the blackouts.

just looking to get the games with no blackouts if anyone else has been succesfull with it.

thanks!

Vxnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:43 PM
DIrwin

can someone please help me? I'm not really computer savy? I don't know if i need to set up my router? and I dont know if what kind of router i have?

can anyone walk me through this?

I have an "smc networks" router from rogers and i dont see that in the set up for routers can anyone help it'd be much appreciated?

Old
01-19-2013, 02:46 PM
mt99808

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIrwin View Post
can someone please help me? I'm not really computer savy? I don't know if i need to set up my router? and I dont know if what kind of router i have?

can anyone walk me through this?

I have an "smc networks" router from rogers and i dont see that in the set up for routers can anyone help it'd be much appreciated?
Walk you through what?

mt99808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:47 PM
mt99808

Mine wasn't working and I disabled the unblockus dns settings and it's now working on my Roku. Lost patience with the ipad app but didn't appear to be working.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:48 PM
DIrwin

well I saw people said I have to configure my router? I signed up for unblock-us and on their hompage it tells me my accounts active and my device is set up on their dns. So do i need to configure a my router for gamecentre? I'm on my laptop or can i go buy gamecentre and it'll by pass the blacked out games?

Old
mt99808

Also this quality is ****. Can you cancel and get your $50 back? Rather give it to Bell.

Old
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 1170
Didn't take long for Schenn to screen his own goalie and deflect the puck into his own net lololol

Kyle Doobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:49 PM
RomanianLeafs

i really don`t get it, i live in europe and like last season i subscribed to nhl gamecenter live, and now i`m restricted to watch the flyers game and the kings game but i can watch the winnipeg game...how can i be blackout if i live in europe??

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:50 PM
mt99808

Quote:
well I saw people said I have to configure my router? I signed up for unblock-us and on their hompage it tells me my accounts active and my device is set up on their dns. So do i need to configure a my router for gamecentre? I'm on my laptop or can i go buy gamecentre and it'll by pass the blacked out games?
Did you configure the settings on whatever you're watching it on? I know you can change settings on the device as opposed to the router. I've only ever done router so I'm not sure if it's a software solution or what when you do it on your laptop.

That being said like i said above i couldn't get hte games to load when i had the settings in my router for unblockus. NHL may have found a way to block this.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:51 PM
mt99808

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs View Post
i really don`t get it, i live in europe and like last season i subscribed to nhl gamecenter live, and now i`m restricted to watch the flyers game and the kings game but i can watch the winnipeg game...how can i be blackout if i live in europe??
Somebody mentioned those games are blacked out across Europe because somebody is carrying them on TV.

Old
01-19-2013, 02:55 PM
CBinTokyo

vCash: 245
Quote:
DIrwin, Did you change any settings on your computer? If you made the changes they wanted you to make on your computer, and you are only planning on watching from your computer, then you should be fine. You only need to change your router settings for certain devices.

If it says your device is configured and you are using their DNS then you are probably fine.

CBinTokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:56 PM
mt99808

Does anybody have the ipad app working?

Keep getting an error "Network Connection Not Available"

Old
01-19-2013, 02:57 PM
DIrwin

yes I'll be using it strictly on my laptop, and I did the setup for my laptop and entered my email and it says it's configured to dns!

Old
01-19-2013, 02:59 PM
mattehaus

Having previously posted and sung NHL Game Center Live's praises I have logged in today and found Hawks vs. Kings and Flyers vs. Penguins both 'blacked out'.

Not happy as a UK subscriber, as we got no blackout in the previous x2 years.

Also having difficulting logging in to get the feed for the Winnipeg game - asking serious questions of the GCL support team, and after the protracted lockout seriously considering cancelling the damn thing and just getting highlights next day.

mattehaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:05 PM
RomanianLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattehaus View Post
Having previously posted and sung NHL Game Center Live's praises I have logged in today and found Hawks vs. Kings and Flyers vs. Penguins both 'blacked out'.

Also having difficulting logging in to get the feed for the Winnipeg game - asking serious questions of the GCL support team, and after the protracted lockout seriously considering cancelling the damn thing and just getting highlights next day.
i have the same problems and i`m mad..the quality for the jets ame is very good for me but as u said we did not have the blackout problems until now..i send them an email..if the leafs game will be blackout i will withdraw my payment, there is a 5 days window to withdraw it

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:06 PM
CBinTokyo

Quote:
yes I'll be using it strictly on my laptop, and I did the setup for my laptop and entered my email and it says it's configured to dns!
Then from a Tech standpoint you are set.

I can't speak to whether or not it gets you around the blackouts because I am in Tokyo and don't have to worry about blackouts. Having said that I use unblock-us for other reasons, so my gamecenter runs through it by default and I have never had any issues.

I am 90% sure you'll be fine.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:06 PM
DIrwin

okay so I have gamecentrelive, I'm able to watch the LAK/CHI game but it says the philly game is not available at gamecentrelive? so does this mean that unblock-us is not working for me :S

Old
01-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 1170
Quote:

Try Unlock-Us, or the 'Stealthy' plugin for Chrome/Firefox.

EDIT: still send in a complaint though. That's ridiculously alienating for European fans.

Kyle Doobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Donmega

Can't load anything in game center live. Also tried the 360 app and there I can't even log in without getting disconnected

Donmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:10 PM
CBinTokyo

Quote:

Unblock-us used to have a week free trial. Not sure if they still do. Maybe you can give that a try.