Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

top 97 GTHL prospects

Old
01-09-2013, 12:41 AM
lovethegame
Rookie User

vCash: 500
think most realized the intent of your chosen words and understood that no harm intended. agree he will be top 2 of the rebels chosen and did have a strong marlie tourney.
dont believe the rebels will take first or the league championship but its so very close. marlies are not as deep as the past and hear they have a key injury which will make it even more interesting although a key player injured will return soon.
nats or titans may just pull an upset in the first round. dont think the sens or dmf can win a long series.
with the parity in the league this season it should be very interesting playoffs in the g.
omha is same as years past. 4 top teams and the rest have little chance so playoffs will be as predictable as every year.

lovethegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Luvtowatch

So what's the top 10 in the GTHL look like now?

Luvtowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:56 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
So what's the top 10 in the GTHL look like now?
My opinion is something like this:

1. Dylan Strome- Toronto Marlboros
2. Mitchell Stephens - Toronto Marlboros
3. Nikita Korostelev - Toronto Jr. Canadiens
4. Matt Mcconnach - Don Mills Flyers
5. Zach Wilkie - Toronto Jr Canadiens
6. Jesse Saban - Toronto Red Wings
7. Liam Dunda - Don Mills Flyers
8. Austin Clapham - Mississauga Rebels
9. David Zeppeiri - Mississaguga Rebels
10. Noah Robinson - Toronto Marlboros
11. Adrian Carbonara- Mississauga Sens (his team-mate Sam Hunter is growing rapidly with me)

2 players I view as Sleepers in the GTHL, Players Id want to develop are:

Vladislav Sharipov - Toronto Jr Canadiens #88
Jordan Maclean - Toronto Marlboros #97

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
My opinion is something like this:

1. Dylan Strome- Toronto Marlboros
2. Mitchell Stephens - Toronto Marlboros
3. Nikita Korostelev - Toronto Jr. Canadiens
4. Matt Mcconnach - Don Mills Flyers
5. Zach Wilkie - Toronto Jr Canadiens
6. Jesse Saban - Toronto Red Wings
7. Liam Dunda - Don Mills Flyers
8. Austin Clapham - Mississauga Rebels
9. David Zeppeiri - Mississaguga Rebels
10. Noah Robinson - Toronto Marlboros
11. Adrian Carbonara- Mississauga Sens (his team-mate Sam Hunter is growing rapidly with me)

2 players I view as Sleepers in the GTHL, Players Id want to develop are:

Vladislav Sharipov - Toronto Jr Canadiens #88
Jordan Maclean - Toronto Marlboros #97
I would take Iacobucci over Dunda from DM. Dunda is a big boy but needs to move better. I would also take Robinson and Mitch Webb as my 4th and 5th forwards, they are both tougher and move better than Zeppy. I don't know if they would come before or after the d-men. Depends who's picking.

Old
01-18-2013, 03:22 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
I would take Iacobucci over Dunda from DM. Dunda is a big boy but needs to move better. I would also take Robinson and Mitch Webb as my 4th and 5th forwards. I don't know if they would come before or after the d-men. Depends who's picking.
I also like Iacobucci. Very fast player, good acceleration, nice wrist shot. One issue I have with him though is the physical department. I could see him getting a little intimidated next year. I dont see Iacobucci making the OHL just yet next year, Dunda I can see him cracking the OHL.

Noah Robinson thrives to me, when he plays physical, plays determined and skates the way he can. Ive seen a few games where he isnt really giving it as hard as one would like but he is a very good skater and has a very good hard heavy wrist shot. U add that physical element to his game when he is hitting guys hard and he has a nice package. Opposing players dont like getting hit by Robinson when he commits fully to his checks.

Mitch Webb for me has less skill than Robinson, but a better game in and game out work ethic. Both have the ability to skate with elite forwards. Both will be gone in the 2nd-3rd rounds. Depending on what teams pick them, I think both can play a depth role 3rd-4th line starting next year in the OHL.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 01-18-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old
01-19-2013, 02:55 PM
logorrhea
Rookie User

Long time lurker, finally registered. Before I post anything, are there any unwritten rules about making full disclosure. Like if you write in mags or newspapers about a particular company, you have to disclose if you work for for that company or one of its subsidiaries. So if you post on HFBoards, and you write about a certain kid or team, is it expected that you would disclose if your kid is on that team, or if you somehow are a supporter of that team? Thanks!

logorrhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by logorrhea View Post
Long time lurker, finally registered. Before I post anything, are there any unwritten rules about making full disclosure. Like if you write in mags or newspapers about a particular company, you have to disclose if you work for for that company or one of its subsidiaries. So if you post on HFBoards, and you write about a certain kid or team, is it expected that you would disclose if your kid is on that team, or if you somehow are a supporter of that team? Thanks!
Not at all. It's your call if you want to disclose who you are. It's part of what makes these threads so romantic. Welcome. This place is pretty sweet.

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Luvtowatch

We are almost into the finals now. Anybody played their way up the rankings from the GTHL? What about down?

Old
02-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Luvtowatch

Korostolev disappeared last night. He is a Houdini, don't know why a team would spend a high 1st rd pick on him.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Racer14
Always Watching

Quote:
We are almost into the finals now. Anybody played their way up the rankings from the GTHL? What about down?
up: Rajic, Benigno, Fellows, M. Webb, Cho

down: Zeppieri, Korostelev

There's more, but it's late haha

Racer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
up: Rajic, Benigno, Fellows, M. Webb, Cho

down: Zeppieri, Korostelev

There's more, but it's late haha
As I've said before, Korostolev is a Houdini.
In the O Radio has Zeppieri going in the 2nd rd, he's not tough, not a great skater and can't finish. Rajic is clearly the best forward on the Rebels but is small. Hayhurst also has a lot of skill and speed but no size. It will be interesting to see how high a team might go with Rajic.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:49 PM
MisterDB

logorrhea - keep your anonymity. especially of your are attached to main stream media or have associations with any team etc. Anonymity does not hide one from being libel, you leave a footprint and trail on every post. Same as twitter etc.

Case in point for media association, I am a moderator for an unofficial forum for one of the OHL teams, we had a guy I knew use his real name( I told him not too but ego is a big thing) he was breaking into the media biz so he felt he had to make a name and do some investigative reporting and be very critical of the team. His posts did not tell any lies etc but he did tell the truth that the team did not want to hear. The team got to the local cable company and he was told he was done doing the broadcasts or even working the games behind the camera. He eventually got a job with a local mainstream TV station and eventually things smoothed out between him and the team. He since has move on out west doing radio and broadcasting for a hockey team out there.

Using your real name or divulging it in your profile can and probably will lead to issues for you

Stay safe, stay anonymous

MisterDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:53 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Up: Brancatella, Wilkie, Saban, Hunt, Troublin, Duggan, Hayhurst, Kloucek, Mucci

Down: Avidan, Dunda,

Old
02-23-2013, 01:36 AM
hockeyisone

We will still how this plays out soon enough

hockeyisone is offline   Reply With Quote