HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Help for the musicly declined

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2003, 02:21 PM
H-Bear

vCash: 500
Help for the musicly declined

This board has never let me down before, so when I heard this song, and didn't know who it was (and liked it), I figured I could find out from the knowledgeable posters here.

The song I am searching for (name of song, band, whatever) is rap. I recognize the english voice, but I can't put my finger on who it is. There is also the unique combination of rap and Sikh music. Does anyone know what I am talking about? It was very intriguing!

Please help your musically declined friend .

Old
12-12-2003, 03:19 PM
nineteen79

try jay z's new album black I believe it is on their.Sorry can't think of the title right now but if I come up with it I will post it for you.

Old
12-12-2003, 03:28 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Can you be a little more specific?

As for Jayz's album, the only song that they're playing on the radio is "Change Clothes", and I don't think that's Sikh music (whatever that is)

Old
12-12-2003, 03:31 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
Can you be a little more specific?

As for Jayz's album, the only song that they're playing on the radio is "Change Clothes", and I don't think that's Sikh music (whatever that is)
Sikh = not english ... Middle East. Don't know how else to describe it .

Old
12-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Meditteranian culture how found its way into hip-hop, I think you are thinking of Indian Flute by Timbaland and Magoo, does the video have an old white snake charmer danicing in it? Here's a sound clip that might run your brain around the block to jog your *** memory.

"baby you sure you wanna sleep with the Goo, when its 3am and all thats on the tv is kung **"

Old
12-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Lucifer (Jay-Z) is the only song from his new album that might be what your thinking about, but as far as I know, there is no video out as far as I know, and when I'm not watching hockey, Im watching BET or MuchVibe.

Old
12-12-2003, 03:36 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Meditteranian culture how found its way into hip-hop, I think you are thinking of Indian Flute by Timbaland and Magoo, does the video have an old white snake charmer danicing in it? Here's a sound clip that might run your brain around the block to jog your *** memory.

"baby you sure you wanna sleep with the Goo, when its 3am and all thats on the tv is kung **"
Actually, I didn't see it on TV. I heard a sound clip on the CBC radio (of all the places).

Old
12-12-2003, 03:40 PM
goldenchild

I think the person your thinking about is Panjabi MC. I don't have the cd but Jay did a remix with him on a song called "Beware of the Boys". He mixes traditional "bhangra" music with hip hop beats. There is a new Timberland song that uses indian music called "Indian Flute" which is not bad either.

Old
12-12-2003, 03:40 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Bear
Actually, I didn't see it on TV. I heard a sound clip on the CBC radio (of all the places).
Give me a sound byte or some lyrics and I'll get you the answer.

Beware of the Boys(rmx) might be it but that song is pretty old now- Jay-Z w/ Punjabi MC

Old
12-12-2003, 03:42 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Lucifer (Jay-Z) is the only song from his new album that might be what your thinking about, but as far as I know, there is no video out as far as I know, and when I'm not watching hockey, Im watching BET or MuchVibe.
What about "Beware of the Boyz" with Punjabi MC? It might be on an older album though.

Old
12-12-2003, 03:44 PM
goldenchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Bear
Sikh = not english ... Middle East. Don't know how else to describe it .
BTW I'm Sikh, Sikhism is a religon not language, the language is Punjabi and it's Indian not Middle Eastern.

Old
12-12-2003, 03:45 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Snake rmx- R.Kelly w/ a bunch of other guys
Contagious (so addictive)- Rakim w/ Truth Hurts
Lady Venom- Swollen Members
Belly Dancer- Kardinall Official w/ The Neptunes

Old
12-12-2003, 03:59 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Talib Kweli - Get By?

Has some weird woman singing at the beginning. Well, maybe not the one he has in mind, but its a darn good song.

Old
12-12-2003, 05:37 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild
BTW I'm Sikh, Sikhism is a religon not language, the language is Punjabi and it's Indian not Middle Eastern.
Yeah, it probably beware of the boyz. How hard is it for people to type "sikh" into google and look at the thousands of results from india? We're not from the middle east, that is egypt and area. That's like sayiing, eh, canada? isn't that somewhere in south america?

Old
12-12-2003, 06:09 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
H-Bear,

Did it have that knight-riderish beat to it?

If so, it's definitely beware of the boys.

Old
12-12-2003, 06:23 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Let's keep this thread about music guys.

Old
12-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Im a muslim canadian, I think I know a thing or two about the topic (profiling, racism, stereotypes etc.). I just dont want to turn this into a racial discussion, you made your point now move on.

Old
12-13-2003, 01:04 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
H-Bear, i live in england but there was a new song released (well i never heard it before) and although rap isnt my music my sister loves it so when she decides to wake up i'll grab a hold of her. But was the name something like Rishi Rich ? I'm going off memory here so i've probably got the name wrong.

I'll get back 2u like i said when my sister wakes up

Old
12-13-2003, 06:19 AM
H-Bear

Thanks guys. It was definatly Beware of the boys. Sorry if I offended anyone with the improper use of Middle East. I know Sikh is a religion (but I didn't know the name of the language), however I did not know that India was not considered the Middle East. I learned something new today .

Old
12-13-2003, 08:11 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
lol my god india is most certainly not part of the middle east. I dont know how you north americans decide international regions but for here middle east ends in Iraq.

Asia inludes India, and Pakistan. so when we say asian we don't mean what you guys mean which is Orientals and i know thats supposedly not a nice thing to say in north america but it isn't the case in europe, although we dont call them orientals we'll just call them asian as well as indian we sometimes call them asian (if not then indian) anyway back to the song problem you wanna know anything else as im assuming you've found wot ur lookin for

Closed Thread