HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Trade Discussions Thread II - All ‎

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2013, 02:00 PM
  #151
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,700
vCash: 500
Don't need Luongo for a rebuild.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:14 PM
  #152
Keeping it Blue
Registered User
 
Keeping it Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
I'm thinking the smartest move by the Canucks is to keep Lu for this year. It's going to be hard on the goalies.

Keeping it Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:23 PM
  #153
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping it Blue View Post
I'm thinking the smartest move by the Canucks is to keep Lu for this year. It's going to be hard on the goalies.
And Schnieder has only played 50 games. He might not be as good as he seems.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:26 PM
  #154
darrylsittler27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,345
vCash: 500
This rumour is done.

Media just wants something to talk about.This rumour is toast,Nonnis realizes the price was too high and Gillis doesn`t want to come down.Luongo`s value will go down unless he plays.And he Vancouver may need him.EOS.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:40 PM
  #155
david999
Registered User
 
david999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
The leafs should concentrate their resources on improving the overall defensive play of the team. Minimize the amount of good scoring chances against their goalies. I really doubt that the Leafs are interested in Luongo's contract. I believe that eventually Gillies will have to offer up picks to get a team to take Luongo's contract off their hands.

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:58 PM
  #156
Confucius
Registered User
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by david999 View Post
The leafs should concentrate their resources on improving the overall defensive play of the team. Minimize the amount of good scoring chances against their goalies. I really doubt that the Leafs are interested in Luongo's contract. I believe that eventually Gillies will have to offer up picks to get a team to take Luongo's contract off their hands.
It won't be that obvious, the deal will get camouflaged but your premise is correct the Nucks will sweeten the pot. Other teams may then get involved and they may be able to facilitate a deal.

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:25 PM
  #157
mix1home
Registered User
 
mix1home's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto,ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
I would think the odds might be greater to convince Vancouver to take on a Komisarek salary dump in addition to the asking price where Leafs gain in that perspective of the deal.
And why the richest club in NHL would trade salary and give away talent in process? It supposed to be the other way around. We will take on bad contracts like Lou's one and get talent as compensation.
The more people look at that contract and cap situation in Van this summer the more they realize that there is potential for disaster in Van and it would be stupid to not take advantage.

It seems more and more the only option for Van would be to buy Lou out. And even in this case team that will sign him latter would probably stick it to Van by signing him for league minimum and letting Van pay the difference. That is just poetic.

mix1home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:34 PM
  #158
Interactif
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,666
vCash: 500
Wonder where the people are that said to me you are crazy to offer Grabo for Luongo instead of Kadri tonight?

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:11 PM
  #159
Parkdale
Registered User
 
Parkdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Wonder where the people are that said to me you are crazy to offer Grabo for Luongo instead of Kadri tonight?
It's crazy to offer any assets for Luongo....the real question is how many assets coming to the Leafs would it take for Toronto to take on the bad contract.

Parkdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:11 PM
  #160
Pyromaniac3
Registered User
 
Pyromaniac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: India
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Wonder where the people are that said to me you are crazy to offer Grabo for Luongo instead of Kadri tonight?
It's one game buddy.

Pyromaniac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:12 PM
  #161
go_leafs_go02
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,934
vCash: 50
Well, Glenn Healy just said Gillis won't trade Luongo. We all know that means he will be traded.

go_leafs_go02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:13 PM
  #162
Interactif
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
It's one game buddy.
Better get used to it, buddy.

Kadri is arriving, and what he has had to go through as a Leaf, some self imposed, some not his fault. Good for him.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:18 PM
  #163
Interactif
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
It's crazy to offer any assets for Luongo....the real question is how many assets coming to the Leafs would it take for Toronto to take on the bad contract.
Now we know why Gillis wanted Kadri and Bozak, he must have watched the last 10 games of the Leaf season when Bozak was our best Center, lord knows I have pointed this out enough on this forum. 8 points in 10 games when Lupul went down and Kadri has been one of the best players on the Marlies. I am not surprised of their performances thus far after 2 periods but it is only the Habs. We will see how they look after 10 games.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:31 PM
  #164
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Media just wants something to talk about.This rumour is toast,Nonnis realizes the price was too high and Gillis doesn`t want to come down.Luongo`s value will go down unless he plays.And he Vancouver may need him.EOS.
Ya, the media just keeps perpetuating the rumour of a trade when IMO its pretty clear nothing going to happen with the Leafs

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:03 PM
  #165
Fogelhund
Registered User
 
Fogelhund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Scrivens with the .954 sv percentage and win.

Sounds like Vancouver needs to call us to make an upgrade in their goal.

Fogelhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:07 PM
  #166
guelphleafsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Nonis willllllll neverrrrrr take Lu's contract we do NOT NEED LU GO LEAFS GO

Scrivens and Reimer are perfect for our growing team

******* Y** LU stay away

guelphleafsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:42 PM
  #167
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.
 
Flowzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,335
vCash: 500
Quite honestly, I'm now completely adamant that we do not trade Kadri for Luongo. If we suck this year, we get a good pick; I don't want Luongo to drag us into the playoffs only for us to lose (tonight showed that we barely made it past an AHL caliber Habs team). Kadri's starting to show some promise (albeit one game), but now I'm feeling hesitant to trade him before we can really see what he's capable of. The only time to trade for Luongo is next season, when we're a lot more sure of what we have; Luongo would also be a great piece to convince UFA signings (I'm looking at you Getzlaf and Perry ).

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:44 PM
  #168
Confucius
Registered User
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Now we know why Gillis wanted Kadri and Bozak, he must have watched the last 10 games of the Leaf season when Bozak was our best Center, lord knows I have pointed this out enough on this forum. 8 points in 10 games when Lupul went down and Kadri has been one of the best players on the Marlies. I am not surprised of their performances thus far after 2 periods but it is only the Habs. We will see how they look after 10 games.
10 games in, Luongo should have some great sound bites by then

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:56 PM
  #169
Fogelhund
Registered User
 
Fogelhund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Schneider... 2 goals on 6 shots. #thefuture

Fogelhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:03 PM
  #170
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,709
vCash: 500
Schneider not looking great tonight

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:19 PM
  #171
yakfish
"Holy Mackinaw!"
 
yakfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ohio
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 500
Scrivens may have gotten the win tonight but I don't feel confident with him in the net. I don't think he is the answer to the leafs goaltending issues. I might feel better about Reimer I guess we will have a chance to see in the next game. But Lu is way too expensive even if we didn't have to give up a prospect to get him here. His contract is the deal breaker. I wish the rumors about him coming to toronto would stop. But the Leafs need to do something about their goaltending.

yakfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:22 PM
  #172
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzak View Post
Quite honestly, I'm now completely adamant that we do not trade Kadri for Luongo. If we suck this year, we get a good pick; I don't want Luongo to drag us into the playoffs only for us to lose (tonight showed that we barely made it past an AHL caliber Habs team). Kadri's starting to show some promise (albeit one game), but now I'm feeling hesitant to trade him before we can really see what he's capable of. The only time to trade for Luongo is next season, when we're a lot more sure of what we have; Luongo would also be a great piece to convince UFA signings (I'm looking at you Getzlaf and Perry ).
I feel the same way.

I have very low expectations from the Leafs this year. Either they surprise me, or we get a top 5 pick.

We don't need Luongo. We need this team to play better overall, the rest will just fall into place.

Last year we were winning despite getting terrible goaltending and playing in a very dysfunctional system.

Focus on D, help your goalie out and we're going to be in the race.

Pi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:23 PM
  #173
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,351
vCash: 500
Schneider is surely looking good tonight.

Pi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:24 PM
  #174
Fogelhund
Registered User
 
Fogelhund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
3 goals on 12 shots...

Fogelhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:25 PM
  #175
Interactif
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,666
vCash: 500
If Kadri can have a good season and tonight was a great start to that, abeit a weak opponent, so caution there. The price for him will go up, and Gillis will be the one that has to throw in a kicker if a trade is to be completed for Luongo. Not Nonis.

Luongo and a first for Kadri?

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.