HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Eddy Livingstone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munskin View Post
Contacted gamecenter support two days ago about the blackout restrictions for the Netherlands. This was the reply:

Hello,

Yes, at this time there are no restrictions in your country, you will be able to watch all games on with your subscription.

Thank You

NHL Support

Absolutely pissed off right now and considering to cancel my subscription.
Yes, they have made a total mess of the situation. Shameful. Several people I know where told 'only blackouts in the US, Canada and UK'. And now this. I hope you sent in a complaint and I hope a lot of people will do this. 'Thank you fans', my behind.

Old
01-19-2013, 04:52 PM
steveat

The least they could do though is to give everyone a heads up with some sort of maintenance message or something.

Old
01-19-2013, 04:53 PM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
Nope, but you should consider a bunch of variables we're unaware of. We have NO idea what their network situation is right now. Change in hardware? Software? Staff? Configuration? Provider? One or more are likely. On top of this being DAY ONE as opposed to a WC or PO Series where they've obviously been adjusting and know what they're working with prior to it.

I don't care man. I really don't. They won't either. Cancel it. Find pirated streams... it's easy enough. There are TONS of them. They mostly suck horribly and stutter at the worst times, but occasionally you'll find a reliable HD stream. It's like playing the lottery. All I said initially was to calm down and give it a day or two. Your loss.
Just stop. These people would rather than complain then be understanding about the situation.

If you dont like the service you are receiving, then by all means cancel your account and submit for a refund. If you arent going to cancel your account, then please, tell me how your complaining and moaning is helping anything.

Old
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
It better be up and running for the Leafs Habs game.

Old
steveat

Is the streaming technology Neulion or another software?

Old
01-19-2013, 04:57 PM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasmacarthur View Post
How is your complaining and moaning about others complaining and moaning helping anything? We're on an online discussion board. Those are for sharing thoughts and feelings and such, yes?
"ugh, why does the NHL suck so much, I payed for this why wont it work".... that is not a conversation, the point of a forum, that is mindless complaining.

By the way, the vast majority of my posts in this thread is explanations of what is going on with the NHL site, and why they are having difficulty, not complaining about members of this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
If you're tired of people complaining.. what's the point of being in this thread? I get what you're saying. But, it would be nice if the NHL would do something and give their fans a head up and let them know what's going on. It's not too much to ask for. People are spending their money for this.. they don't deserve to be left in the dark.
I can agree that more open communication is beneficial and something they should be doing.

Old
01-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brovalchuk View Post
Just stop. These people would rather than complain then be understanding about the situation.

If you dont like the service you are receiving, then by all means cancel your account and submit for a refund. If you arent going to cancel your account, then please, tell me how your complaining and moaning is helping anything.
If you're tired of people complaining.. what's the point of being in this thread? I get what you're saying. But, it would be nice if the NHL would do something and give their fans a head up and let them know what's going on. It's not too much to ask for. People are spending their money for this.. they don't deserve to be left in the dark.

Old
01-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Droc
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
Nope, but you should consider a bunch of variables we're unaware of. We have NO idea what their network situation is right now. Change in hardware? Software? Staff? Configuration? Provider? One or more are likely. On top of this being DAY ONE as opposed to a WC or PO Series where they've obviously been adjusting and know what they're working with prior to it.

I don't care man. I really don't. They won't either. Cancel it. Find pirated streams... it's easy enough. There are TONS of them. They mostly suck horribly and stutter at the worst times, but occasionally you'll find a reliable HD stream. It's like playing the lottery. All I said initially was to calm down and give it a day or two. Your loss.
You must care, you have been in here for over 2 hours making excuses on the NHL's behalf.

Quote:

It has kept you replying over and over like your personally vested in the situation.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:00 PM
RapidFire

Quote:
You really have no understanding and I pity you. There is no reason for the NHL to not expect this high of usage when:
a) The lockout ended after months of no hockey and we're DYING to watch it
b) They know how many subscribers they have
c) Today is Saturday

Quote:
Yes, cancel the subscription after one day. Sounds reasonable. How dare we not be happy about not being able to watch hockey games on the first day of hockey after a long ****** lockout.

This is a message board. We are supposed to discuss things here. And complaining about a ****** service counts as a discussion.

Now please leave this thread and never return

Old
01-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Pepper

Experiences so far:

Viaplay app has very good video quality on iPad. Too bad the commentary in the first games is in swedish, det svenska kommentatorna är inte dåligt men jag vill ha den original kommentators på engelska.

Viaplay Gamecenter (browser version) has very good video quality, occasional stuttering but still OK. Original commentary, NBC studio etc.

So far thumbs up, slightly worried how the Leafs-Habs games will stream with increased audience.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Shellz

Quote:
I can agree that more open communication is beneficial and something they should be doing.
I can only speak for myself... but, that's all I'm asking for. If just said it won't back up till blahblah or We are trying to fix this blahblahblah.. I would stop complaining because I know they are trying to fix it. Lets just hope it's soon!

Old
01-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
what a crock of BS.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Shellz

I got it to work on my laptop... I don't know how long it's going to work though. *crosses fingers*

Old
01-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

I'm back in.. yay lol. Not leaving the page again.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:04 PM
TheKaossKing
Rookie User

I just reconnected to the Flyers game with 3 mins to go. still pissed i missed the 3rd and worried for the Devils game later. fingers crossed anyway

Old
01-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
and look at that 2 games end, and it magically works.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Shellz

Not like it matters.. the games are over now

Old
01-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Droc
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
and look at that 2 games end, and it magically works.
lol, yup. SOOOO many pickles were just sucked my the NHL. Giant buckets dumped everywhere.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:06 PM
steveat

Lovely...got in just in time to see 1 min of hockey...

Old
01-19-2013, 05:07 PM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

Quote:

If you dont like the service you are receiving
, then by all means cancel your account and submit for a refund. If you arent going to cancel your account, then please, tell me how your complaining and moaning is helping anything.
And there's the crux - it is the service that we are NOT receiving that is the problem. I know that there's a bunch of apologists in here whose experience ranges from playing too many MMOs to working in IT. Well, I work in live sports broadcasting and have experience on the other side of it and what has happened tonight is NOT good enough.

The other problem with the apologists saying "give it a day or two, it will be fine" etc. Yes, it will but people have paid to watch LIVE games not just in 1 or 2 nights, but today. It really is on the service provider to get it right, not for us to wait until demand dies down.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:08 PM
TheKaossKing
Rookie User

so basically, connect to a 7pm game as early as possible and dont leave lol

Old
01-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Droc
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKaossKing View Post
so basically, connect to a 7pm game as early as possible and dont leave lol
Naw, just CBC the games, far superior.

Bettmen wont pack your orifice with sand and push you dry that way.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

I was screwed over when I left the video page after second intermission.. I should be okay for tonight which is really all I care about.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:10 PM
NeoCanuck

Send a message via AIM to NeoCanuck Send a message via MSN to NeoCanuck
So which platforms have the free preview?

Old
01-19-2013, 05:13 PM
MartysBackup
Who wants Wawa?

Worrying that I wouldn't be able to watch Devils/Isles at 7, I tried to watch the end of Sens/Jets. It worked, just took FOREVER for it to load. Did this on my laptop, BTW, not any of the device apps.

Closed Thread