HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXXII

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 05:28 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
To Edmonton: Bishop G, Condra RW, Daugavins LW
To Ottawa: Jeff Petry RD

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=5701

Old
01-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Deku Scrub
Hey Scotty...

vCash: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post

Oh ****, at first when you posted the link I thought that was a confirmed trade.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:37 PM
source

Quote:

Old
01-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Berserker*

Quote:

I would rather try and get Edmonton's first. Regardless of all the talent they have up front, they are garbage defensively and will still likely end up with a top 5 pick.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:47 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:

Overpayment.

I mean, have you SEEN Condra's corsi stats?

Old
01-19-2013, 05:47 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Oh ****, at first when you posted the link I thought that was a confirmed trade.
Oh ****, I know. I was stunned for a minute.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:52 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Overpayment.

I mean, have you SEEN Condra's corsi stats?
That's a good deal for Ottawa... Petry's cool

Old
01-19-2013, 06:04 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I would rather try and get Edmonton's first. Regardless of all the talent they have up front, they are garbage defensively and will still likely end up with a top 5 pick.
I doubt Edmonton is going to give up their first, but they might give us one of their two seconds. However, I doubt we will get a defenseman from them plus a 2nd, it will likely be one or the other.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:06 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
The year he won the cup, he was the 3rd line center (in terms of ice time) on his team. He hasn't done anything since he became the 1st line center on his team.
In that case, the same could be said for Jason Spezza. Players can't be judged by winning the Cup or not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
I've been a Sens fan for 16 years and not once has this team ever signed a significant UFA... Well maybe Hasek but he was coming off a down year... It just does not happen to the people who pencil stars into the lineup.

We never get high end talent for free
Hasek, Kovalev, Gonchar... and to a lesser extent Jason Smith and Luke Richardson!

but yeah never in their prime years

Luckily for me, I have more a "build through the draft" mentality than banking on UFA signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OD99 View Post
Since then he has had one "off" year by his standards and that was last season on a Ducks team where everything went wrong (wasn't long ago everyone one the Senators sucked for a season too). If you look at his career after that Cup season minus last seasons 57 points in 82 games (he is also quite durable for a physical player) he has 291 games played and 318 points. Even with the bad season in there he is over 1PPG...
OK but your numbers are wrong. He has 474 pts in 513 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallet Inspector View Post
Ottawa
Bishop+Gryba

Edmonton
Smid

Would the Oilers bite?
Interesting proposal. Considering Smid is UFA, the value might be here but not sure the Oilers would move him now, they need him THIS season, UFA or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR15 View Post
2nd + Peckham for Bishop
Interesting... We'd be getting a (probable) better 2nd than we gave up and Peckham (even if he won't be in long-terms plan)... a depht insurancy

But I'm still wondering if it is the right timing to move Bishop. Of course Lehner is ready but Andy is very good.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:09 AM
The Fuhr*

Keep Lehner on the farm this season... Have the kids on the farm go on another Calder cup run... Wicked for there development

Old
01-20-2013, 09:22 AM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Keep Lehner on the farm this season... Have the kids on the farm go on another Calder cup run... Wicked for there development
Is wicked the new word of the day?

Old
01-20-2013, 09:29 AM
benjiv1

Quote:
I agree.

If there's a deal to be made for Bishop, BM should make it and bring on another backup in his place. Lehner can finish the year in Bingo (likely his last) and fill in for Anderson if he gets injured at all this season.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
I agree.

If there's a deal to be made for Bishop, BM should make it and bring on another backup in his place. Lehner can finish the year in Bingo (likely his last) and fill in for Anderson if he gets injured at all this season.
If Murray can better the roster by trading Bishop then he should do it, in this senario Lehner stays in Ottawa.

It would make no sense at all to trade away Bishop when goaltenders are a need in the NHL, then attempt to replace him with what would most likely be an inferior player.

Lehner stays in Ottawa if Bishop is traded.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:06 AM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
If Murray can better the roster by trading Bishop then he should do it, in this senario Lehner stays in Ottawa.

It would make no sense at all to trade away Bishop when goaltenders are a need in the NHL, then attempt to replace him with what would most likely be an inferior player.

Lehner stays in Ottawa if Bishop is traded.
So he can warm the bench?

Lehner has shown he plays best when he gets in a rhythm. We can call him up from Bighmaton as we need him. We're better off having him play games in Bingo than sitting.

The backup we would acquire would only be used as relief if Anderson needs to be pulled. (And usually by that time the game is out of hand anyways.)

Old
01-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
Is wicked the new word of the day?
Yup. There is a new show about Boston and the Southies that live there.

Wicked.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:14 AM
CarknerCountry

Quote:

Lehner has shown he plays best when he gets in a rhythm. We can call him up from Bighmaton as we need him. We're better off having him play games in Bingo than sitting.

The backup we would acquire would only be used as relief if Anderson needs to be pulled. (And usually by that time the game is out of hand anyways.)
So bascially what your saying is Lehner will be in Bingo until Andersons contract expires or is traded??

Lehner is better off learning in Ottawa even as backup..

Old
01-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
With this kind of logic, why bring up Silf, Weircoich, Boro, or Benoit when winning the Calder Cup is the objective of the Sens?

While there is no doubt a winning atmosphere is great for development, how many organizations have won the Calder Cup and a Stanley Cup with the same key players?

IMO it makes little sense to develop kids for the NHL, then when they are ready hold them back. It does nothing positive for the organization as a whole.

The only way Lehner should go back to Bingo is if Murray cannot make a trade that benefits the Sens.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
So bascially what your saying is Lehner will be in Bingo until Andersons contract expires or is traded??

Lehner is better off learning in Ottawa even as backup..
This times 2.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:

Ask yourself why Calgary or Edmonton might be interested in Bishop and willing to give up assets to get him?

I suggest it is because the backup is going to have to play at least 5 - 6 games as the starter and teams just don't want to just give up those points.

No team just wants a set of goalie equipment as their backup, just some Sens fans it seems.

Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 01-20-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old
01-20-2013, 10:22 AM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
This times 2.
Because silf and co actively contribute tobottawas success. Lehnerbwould not as a backup playing 10ish games. Were better off developing him.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:27 AM
CarknerCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Because silf and co actively contribute tobottawas success. Lehnerbwould not as a backup playing 10ish games. Were better off developing him.
Again then we won't expect Lehner in ottawa until Andersons contract expires or is traded?

Bryan Murray isnt a stupid man hes working the phones. Personaly i think there is a reason as to why Lehner wasnt demoted after yesterday's game..My thinking is there is a trade in the works..

Don't you find it funny Lehner was Andy's backup? Especially if he's Bingo bound.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Nonsense, part of a goaltenders development takes place facing NHL shooters in practice. It also helps the shooters to face better goaltending in practice.

Lehner would also play at least 6 games and probably more if Anderson struggles or Lehner plays as he was in Bingo.

Holding Lehner back this year only delays the inevitable, nothing you are saying will be any different next year.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:34 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
Do you think Lehner still needs to "develop" in the AHL?

Seems to me he's played his way out of that league. He belongs in the NHL. Did Rask play in the AHL to "develop" while Tim Thomas was the #1 in Boston? I could rhyme off more examples if necessary.

The only thing that could get Lehner a trip back to Bingo is his contract.

BM needs to move Bishop. He has value, and he has no future in Ottawa. Anderson / Lehner is a fantastic G tandem. In time they'll flip roles, and maybe there is a point where Anderson gets traded (down the line) for a great return.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Tuna99

vCash: 50
I think Anderson showing he is mid season form sealed Bishops fate, he'll be an Oiler by next week.

Ottawa: 2nd 2013, 5th 2014
Edm: bishop

Old
01-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
I think Anderson showing he is mid season form sealed Bishops fate, he'll be an Oiler by next week.

Ottawa: 2nd 2013, 5th 2014
Edm: bishop
I think Murray has to get a Dman in return for Bishop or Bishop +, not sure draft picks work under the current circumstances.

Closed Thread