HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Can you say "anti-climatic?" Jets start strong then stumble to a 4-1 loss to the Sens

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 05:33 PM
meedle

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
Bandwagon Time...

(What? I have family in Toronto.)
Toronto has bad defense, suspect goaltending. The wings defense is questionable. Might wanna look for another team.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:34 PM
sully1410

at least I have the nucks game to look forward to tonight.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Pavs was AWFUL! God those goals by Turris and Karlsson he should of had, could have kept the Jets in it and maybe swung the momentum.

I thought Jokinen was pretty good tonight. Granted he and Kane didn't hook up like we all wanted them to...but its the first game. I'm sure results will come with time. I thought Wellwood worked his little tale off, and looked to be better then ever. Buff has a good commitment to actual D now which is good.

All in all...the D outside of Toby and Buff need to shape up and if they could capitalize on the PP this game would have been in the bag by the end of the first.

I'm bummed, but the possession game was much better. The pp needs work. Nothing that wont get fixed in 48games.
Nah, there was no way he should have had that one. One timer, perfectly screened by Clitsome, and I'm still pretty sure that Clitsome redirected it.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
The funny thing is Pavs actually saved me a bit in one of my fantasy leagues... I also have Quick.

01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Aside from Buff's goal and a few other moments (posts for example), the game was pretty dull and was very disappointing. The third period was an absolute mess and our PP break-in was awful. Also, once again, Captain Andrew Ladd gets a stick infraction in the third period.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Nah, there was no way he should have had that one. One timer, perfectly screened by Clitsome, and I'm still pretty sure that Clitsome redirected it.
I agree it looked like it was re-directed by his gloves just barely.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:37 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
I grazed right by him. Had he been over another 3 inches...he'd of had it.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Hansen Brother

I don't know if it makes our offense too concentrated but I hope Kane and Wheeler get put on a line together. They work better together.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Sweech
COYS!

I thought Jokinen looked good.

Line needs some time together. Kane looked pretty bad, wasn't making plays and was giving the puck away.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by meedle View Post
Toronto has bad defense, suspect goaltending. The wings defense is questionable. Might wanna look for another team.
If none of them make the playoffs, that isn't a problem, I just need multiple hockey teams to focus on at this point.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Every off-season, I forget how much it ****ing sucks to lose. I was planning an all-nighter watching hockey. Now I'm thinking about just heading to bed instead.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:48 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Jets Post-game audio

Spoke with Wheeler, Stuart, Scheifele and Byfuglien.

To listen click here.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:48 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Every loss brings us that much closer to MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov/Drouin. (well maybe not 100% sarcasm)

Old
01-19-2013, 05:51 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Kane led Jets' forwards in hits and shots (4 each)
Burmi led the 4 C's in SH% (Slater was only one under 50%)
Postma/Byfuglien led in giveaways (4 each)
Byfuglien led in goals and shots (1 and 8)
Pav's with a 0.892

PS the only bad 2-1 I saw when Buff was on the ice was technically Wheeler's bad (the early in the 2nd min of the 1st period) as Wheeler was at the point.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:52 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I'm not a fan of Noel breaking up lines so early. It's the first game and players need to adjust to one another. I thought Kane and Jokinen looked ok, but it's going to take time for them to develop chemistry.

Burmistrov is a beast. I had to admit, I was a bit concerned about his cold streak last season and not lighting up the AHL. Boy was I wrong.

Scheifele looked dangerous, but what the hell is with his balance? He falls even more now than he did last year.

Postma was bad, but he's still only a rookie. What was Clitsome's excuse? I've never been a fan of his and I honestly hope we trade/waive him soon. Conversely, I cannot wait to see Redmond get into the line up.

Overall it was a bad game for the team. Everyone needed to be better.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:52 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I grazed right by him. Had he been over another 3 inches...he'd of had it.
It redircted off Clitsome. It was an impossible save to make. No one has that fast of a reaction time.

That said the first goal he left his 5 hole wide open and Turris' goal was soft.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:53 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

I agree with Holden...

Let's see
Enstrom-Byfuglien
Hainsey-Postma
Stuart-REDMOND (not Clitsome)

next game

Old
01-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Ok, here are my thoughts:

-Postma was just...wow. Seriously, I don't think I ever saw Ran_y Jones play that poorly. Was he using one of those plastic floor hockey sticks? I'll chalk it up to a rough night, but if that's an indication of things to come, the Jets need to start working the phones and scouring the waiver wire ASAP

-Kane-Jokinen-Wellwood had absolutely zero chemistry. Jokinen in particular had an underwhelming game, didn't seem to have any sense of how to distribute the puck.

-Kane looked so lost on the PP it wasn't even funny. He doesn't seem to get how to operate within the Jets PP system.

-LLW was a bit better, but not much. Thought Little had himself a reasonable game, but as a whole, the line was just throwing the puck around blindly.

-Scheifele was okay, I thought. Lost his assignment on that 2nd goal and wasn't doing a great job moving the puck through the NZ, but I thought he did a reasonable job on the forecheck and battling along the boards. Also liked how he got crunched by Methot and kept his balance.

-Pavelec needs to be better. Most of those stops were on perimeter shots (the stop on Karlsson at the start of the 3rd was a dandy, mind you). Really should have had that first goal, and he got himself beached on his ass for the second goal. Fourth goal was stinky, although the game was over at that point.

-thought our D corps (Postma aside) was decent. Buff was awesome. Toby, aside from some weak entries on the PP, was quite good. Hainsey and Stuart held their own, and I don't think they were really at fault on the 2nd goal. Clitsome is sketchy, really hope he can be pushed down the depth chart to #7.

-just an incredibly soft performance all around. I haven't listened to Claude yet, but I'd imagine he's livid.

Great to be back watching the Jets at MTSC, but I hope I don't have to witness hockey as sloppy as that again. On top of that, I've got a massive splitting headache, I don't think those half-price beers helped.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Canadienjet

Can't say I overly suprised with Postma.His defence is bad.

Redmond is better then him.He should play next game.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:02 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Post-game podcast

Host Drew Mindell and Analyst Richard Pollock break down the Jets loss to the Senators.

To listen click here.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:03 PM
puck stoppa

LOL, "was he using a plastic floor hockey stick?" that's the line of the year in this early part of the season.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:03 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Defence.

That is all.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:04 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
Just home from the game. I liked what I saw from Scheifele, I still hate Chris Neil with a passion, Postma and Hainsey both made some seriously bad plays, really like what I saw from Buff, and I tried so hard to stay away from the concessions, but half-priced perogy dogs..../drool. Section 300 and 301 sound like they're going to be the loudest sections in the arena again, I'm in 329 and I think about 75% of the chants start from there!

Old
01-19-2013, 06:06 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Ok, here are my thoughts:

-Postma was just...wow. Seriously, I don't think I ever saw Ran_y Jones play that poorly. Was he using one of those plastic floor hockey sticks? I'll chalk it up to a rough night, but if that's an indication of things to come, the Jets need to start working the phones and scouring the waiver wire ASAP

-Kane-Jokinen-Wellwood had absolutely zero chemistry. Jokinen in particular had an underwhelming game, didn't seem to have any sense of how to distribute the puck.

-Kane looked so lost on the PP it wasn't even funny. He doesn't seem to get how to operate within the Jets PP system.

-LLW was a bit better, but not much. Thought Little had himself a reasonable game, but as a whole, the line was just throwing the puck around blindly.

-Scheifele was okay, I thought. Lost his assignment on that 2nd goal and wasn't doing a great job moving the puck through the NZ, but I thought he did a reasonable job on the forecheck and battling along the boards. Also liked how he got crunched by Methot and kept his balance.

-Pavelec needs to be better. Most of those stops were on perimeter shots (the stop on Karlsson at the start of the 3rd was a dandy, mind you). Really should have had that first goal, and he got himself beached on his ass for the second goal. Fourth goal was stinky, although the game was over at that point.

-thought our D corps (Postma aside) was decent. Buff was awesome. Toby, aside from some weak entries on the PP, was quite good. Hainsey and Stuart held their own, and I don't think they were really at fault on the 2nd goal. Clitsome is sketchy, really hope he can be pushed down the depth chart to #7.

-just an incredibly soft performance all around. I haven't listened to Claude yet, but I'd imagine he's livid.

Great to be back watching the Jets at MTSC, but I hope I don't have to witness hockey as sloppy as that again. On top of that, I've got a massive splitting headache, I don't think those half-price beers helped.
I agree with most of your assesment. I thought Scheifele was better than I expected at holding the puck up down low and as you said he did a better job of staying on his feet after recieving hits than he has in the past. He will have to learn to move the puck quicker in the NZ as you alluded two and I thought he got better as the game went on. I do have one nit pick, it was Jokinen who lost his man and not Mark on the second goal. As the center on that line its his job to pick up the extra man. My main critic is that he got gliding a bit too much which is where he gets into a bt of trouble with his skating. the shifts that he kept his feet moving where by far his best ones. I do however like the confidence that he showed with the puck today, made a terrific move around last years Norris winner. Ultimately I think Mark can take a lot out of this game, he did some stuff well but there are things that he can definitely improve upon for next game.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Omg. The background noise on e 1290 post game show is awful

Closed Thread