HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 05:31 PM
joe89

vCash: 500
MacLean has definitely brought some winning mentality to OTT. They were on their heels in the first, but took over as the game went on and in the third it wasn't close. Their top forwards didn't even have to shine.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:33 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Pittsburgh got Despres in the lineup.... Philly got Laughton in their lineup...

Meanwhile, detroit ices Samuelsson etc
Your point is?

Despres played 10 minutes and Laughton played 12. Smith will be in the lineup. So will Mursak. Youngsters who should get a shot. Yes you could add Nyquist, Tatar or even Sheahan, but I rather they play top 6 minutes instead of sitting on the bench and playing minimum IT.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:35 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Your point is?

Despres played 10 minutes and Laughton played 12. Smith will be in the lineup. So will Mursak. Youngsters who should get a shot. Yes you could add Nyquist, Tatar or even Sheahan, but I rather they play top 6 minutes instead of sitting on the bench and playing minimum IT.
Mursak is 25, Smith is 24 in a few weeks....

Other teams are putting 18-21 year olds out there, detroit never does that unless there are 6-7 injuries.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:51 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Mursak is 25, Smith is 24 in a few weeks....

Other teams are putting 18-21 year olds out there, detroit never does that unless there are 6-7 injuries.
Laughton was invisible and Despres took a stupid penalty. They are undoubtedly highly rated, but Babcock and co. don't want players that could be a liability to the team. That's the approach they have taken with pretty much every prospect.

What 18-21 year old in or organization do you want to put in the starting roster right now?

If they bring nothing to the lineup right now, why ruin their development? The Wings mentality is for every prospect to excel in the league they are playing in right now. Only two players I would rather have in the lineup right now (Nyquist and Tatar). But I'm not an expert and I trust the guys that do this for a living, not the armchair GM's hanging around here who couldn't manage a pee wee hockey team (yes, that includes you and me, mindfly). The brass decided to give Bert two years and get Sammy back to add certain elements to the lineup (yes, Bert and Sammy adds to this team, don't be unnecessarily obtuse). We'll see how that works out, but again, Tatar and Nyquist don't belong on the 4th line and won't make much of an impact on the third line with limited IT and no PP minutes.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Goalie guy

removed post wrong spot

Old
01-19-2013, 10:13 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
The Wings mentality is for every prospect to excel in the league they are playing in right now. .
BS, the Wings mentality is to keep prospects in the AHL until they can't keep them in the AHL without being exposed to waivers.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:04 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Roszival with a great pass to set up the Hossa goal. Roszival ($1 million for 1 year) has been playing really solid defensively as well and he's right-handed. At least we have injury-prone left-handed Colaiacovo for 2 years at $2 million!

Old
01-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Hossa with five points in his first two games… it stings every time I see him score. He should still be with the Wings.

Anyway, any chance the Wings take a run at PK Subban? (Obviously it won't happen with Ken at the helm, but it's nice to think about)

Old
01-21-2013, 06:07 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricelund View Post
Hossa with five points in his first two games… it stings every time I see him score. He should still be with the Wings.

Anyway, any chance the Wings take a run at PK Subban? (Obviously it won't happen with Ken at the helm, but it's nice to think about)
I dunno, but this beat writer was joking about it the other day.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Hawks looking dominant in the division. We're about 4th, just a hair above Columbus. We need to tank to get an elite talent in the upcoming draft. This is the perfect season for being terrible. Only 45 more game left!

Old
01-24-2013, 08:45 AM
InjuredChoker

Bobby Mac said on TSN said that he thinks Subban will be traded.. they're 2 years and 2mil apart.

Which western team will pull the trigger (doubt he will be traded to east)?

Also ROR's KHL contract is seemingly terminated and he's coming back.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:01 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

7 year contract @ 5M, 35M total? Would he like that?

Old
01-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Good on the Blues for giving a young guy like Vladimir Tarasenko a chance to make their team! He's off to a great start. If he was drafted by the Red Wings he'd still be in the KHL.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:21 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Good on the Blues for giving a young guy like Vladimir Tarasenko a chance to make their team! He's off to a great start. If he was drafted by the Red Wings he'd still be in the KHL.

Can we make it a punishable offense on here concerning ignorant jokes aimed at criticizing Ken Holland when it comes to prospects and top 12 draft picks?

Old
01-24-2013, 09:28 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Its funny because its true

Old
01-24-2013, 09:31 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Its funny because its true
It's not funny. It's obnoxious. It's nauseating. These posts show up EVERY EFFING DAY. The funny things is, nobody knows how Holland would treat a top 10 draft pick, since we haven't had one since ever. All this "Holland would have let Wayne Gretzky rot in the minor leagues for 100 years." is the biggest BS I've ever read. Knock it off. You are doing yourself no service trying to look smart by trying to make a professional GM who makes money off of this job look dumb.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:34 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Ok sorry we'll all stop.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:36 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Can we make it a punishable offense on here concerning ignorant jokes aimed at criticizing Ken Holland when it comes to prospects and top 12 draft picks?
Nyquist and Tatar both say that it's not an ignorant joke, and therefore not a punishable offense. Sorry, the prospects have spoken.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Ok sorry we'll all stop.
Okaaaay.... we'll stop NOW.*

*can't promise it won't be resumed if prospects are passed over in the future for older plug players. kinda feel like we need honesty on the board.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
It's not funny. It's obnoxious. It's nauseating. These posts show up EVERY EFFING DAY. The funny things is, nobody knows how Holland would treat a top 10 draft pick, since we haven't had one since ever. All this "Holland would have let Wayne Gretzky rot in the minor leagues for 100 years." is the biggest BS I've ever read. Knock it off. You are doing yourself no service trying to look smart by trying to make a professional GM who makes money off of this job look dumb.
Wellllll Gus Nyquist has been a point a game player in the AHL for two straight seasons. So yeah...what were you saying?

Old
01-24-2013, 10:08 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
Nyquist and Tatar both say that it's not an ignorant joke, and therefore not a punishable offense. Sorry, the prospects have spoken.
Have you interviewed? Are you close chums so that you share each other's thoughts with one another? No? I didn't think so. No, the prospects have most definitely NOT spoken. Keep your ignorant comments to yourself.

Quote:
Wellllll Gus Nyquist has been a point a game player in the AHL for two straight seasons. So yeah...what were you saying?
Vladimir Tarasenko spent two years in the KHL before getting his shot in the NHL. You were saying? Please. Give me a break.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Vladimir Tarasenko spent two years in the KHL before getting his shot in the NHL. You were saying? Please. Give me a break.
Yes! Let's play this game!!!!!

Nyquist has dominated the NCAA and the AHL but cannot get more than a cup of coffee in the NHL. Tarasenko played two whole seasons in the KHL. I know I'm awfully impressed.

The Blues drafted guys like Tarasenko and Backes and don't have old guys like Cleary, Bert and Sammy to keep him from playing in the NHL. No, they give these guys a chance to develop and isn't it a surprise they actually develop. Meanwhile we've got guys like Gus Nyquist and Kyle Quincey - the latter being a first round draft pick - who are never allowed to sink or swim at the NHL level.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:10 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:

Nyquist has dominated the NCAA and the AHL but cannot get more than a cup of coffee in the NHL. Tarasenko played two whole seasons in the KHL. I know I'm awfully impressed.
And Tarasenko probably dominated the juniors and the MHL for three years before hand as well.

Quote:
The Blues drafted guys like Tarasenko and Backes and don't have old guys like Cleary, Bert and Sammy to keep him from playing in the NHL. No, they give these guys a chance to develop and isn't it a surprise they actually develop. Meanwhile we've got guys like Gus Nyquist and Kyle Quincey - the latter being a first round draft pick - who are never allowed to sink or swim at the NHL level.
The reason the Blues have a lot of young players is because they sucked for a very long time and were eventually forced to rebuild. That means you draft talent and then stick them onto the roster while rebuilding your team into a competitor. Teams that rebuild tend to be very young. Just ask the Blackhawks and the Penguins. Meanwhile, the Red Wings have spent the past 21 years winning and making the playoffs. They've had every reason to keep prospect development at a steady and slow pace so as to reload when time need be. They've been able to afford that luxury. What you see now are the effects of having that luxury overlapping to a time when we can't afford that luxury.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:26 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Lots of the Blues picks were in the 14 to 20 range -- hardly blue chip territory.
Then you have a guy like Patrick Berglund. Drafted in 2006 25th overall.
313 games to his credit.
David Perron -- 26th overall in 2007 -- 295 games to his name.
vs
Brendan Smith -- 27th overall in 2006 -- 17 games to his name.

So it's not just about draft position.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:10 AM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Edmonton comeback against LA was pretty crazy.

Marleau nets his 6th this season, leading the league. Not bad. Sharks are starting to scare me a bit.

Closed Thread