HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks 5, Kings 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2013, 07:01 PM
  #51
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,651
vCash: 500
Nice win and love to see Hossa play so well .... but thanks to NBC I missed much of the 3rd and the team seemed to be wilting as it went on. It is obvious that Hawks need to play their own game to be successful. For 2 periods, they did that. A fine start on many fronts.

BobbyJet is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:02 PM
  #52
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
If Mayers is in for Cacillo...a W....which C do you demote?
Um, maybe you put Shaw back at his natural position?

Martini* is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:10 PM
  #53
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Um, maybe you put Shaw back at his natural position?
We've really got to hope that Andrew Shaw isn't the new apple of Q's eye.

We know what happens when Q likes certain players too much, and it's not pretty.

Sevanston is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:13 PM
  #54
Descendent*
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Awesome game!


Descendent* is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:18 PM
  #55
Ace Rothstein
Aces High
 
Ace Rothstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,306
vCash: 500
Nice win, make it two in a row tomorrow. I hope Kruger has really improved and today wasn't an anomaly. Having some C depth would be great.

Ace Rothstein is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:21 PM
  #56
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
We've really got to hope that Andrew Shaw isn't the new apple of Q's eye.

We know what happens when Q likes certain players too much, and it's not pretty.
Well, considering Kruger had a decent game, maybe Q knows more then people think?
Shaw shouldnt be anywhere near center, and could very well take Carbombs place on the first line. Which, doesnt matter considering just how much Q switches the lines during the game.

The fact remains this team got nailed on faceoffs. Mayers works perfectly in that reguard to offset some of the load off of Toews shoulders. Saad isnt that good at one thing and is very pedestrian at everything at this time to place him above Mayers, imo, of course.

I would be all for sending Saad back down to the Rock to continue his development.

Martini* is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:23 PM
  #57
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
I would guess Stalberg will be moved up to the first line. Toews and Stalberg had some good chemistry last year. His speed could be well utilized on that line.

My second guess would be that put Saad up there.

TorMenT is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:35 PM
  #58
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 9,139
vCash: 500
Stalberg looked lifeless out there today...I would go with Saad.

Sarava is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:42 PM
  #59
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,571
vCash: 500
Actually got to see some of the 3rd period at a bar here in Playa Del Carmen. Nice little icing on the cake for the first day.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:42 PM
  #60
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Nice win and love to see Hossa play so well .... but thanks to NBC I missed much of the 3rd and the team seemed to be wilting as it went on. It is obvious that Hawks need to play their own game to be successful. For 2 periods, they did that. A fine start on many fronts.
Saw some ebbs and flows but really didn't see the Hawks wilting. I was waiting for it though. The Hawks actually did what they needed to do to close out the game, a good win.

Kruger's great game was really 2 plays, early. Defensive zone draws were a HUGE problem.

Marotte Marauder is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:44 PM
  #61
LarmerAmonteSeabrook
Registered User
 
LarmerAmonteSeabrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: City of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,982
vCash: 500
They said that Hossa felt better than ever, and it's looking like it. He's in beast mode already; just all over everything!

Hats off to Frolik today for having a solid game. He was always in the right spot, and he worked very hard on each shift. I'm glad he was able to net a goal today. Maybe he'll have a solid season for us instead of disappearing for long bouts of time?

I thought Crawford looked excellent in controlling rebounds for most of the game. He probably worked on that a lot over the offseason.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:45 PM
  #62
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 14,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Well, considering Kruger had a decent game, maybe Q knows more then people think?
Shaw shouldnt be anywhere near center, and could very well take Carbombs place on the first line. Which, doesnt matter considering just how much Q switches the lines during the game.

The fact remains this team got nailed on faceoffs. Mayers works perfectly in that reguard to offset some of the load off of Toews shoulders. Saad isnt that good at one thing and is very pedestrian at everything at this time to place him above Mayers, imo, of course.

I would be all for sending Saad back down to the Rock to continue his development.
No they didn't. Keep on making **** up though.

Kurtosis is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:53 PM
  #63
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
No they didn't. Keep on making **** up though.
Toews won 16, that was more then half. If Mayers was in there it wouldnt even be an issue.

Martini* is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:55 PM
  #64
Hawkimus
Registered User
 
Hawkimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Eternal Dream
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
Keep the same unit out there...carbomb out?....start saad

Hawkimus is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:06 PM
  #65
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Stalberg looked lifeless out there today...I would go with Saad.
That line looked pretty bad overall and he made some poor decisions today. Getting trapped in the corner and a turn over at the blue line.

1 game so it is what it is.

This team has some options with Saad and Mayers scratched today. Sucks for carbomb, guy is having some bad luck with this team.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:25 PM
  #66
HawkeyLife07
Registered User
 
HawkeyLife07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Stalberg Toews Hossa
Sharp Bolland Kane
Frolik Kruger Shaw
Bickell Mayers Saad

--

I'd go with that tomorrow.

HawkeyLife07 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:27 PM
  #67
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,615
vCash: 500
I don't see the point of having Saad up if he's going to be on the fourth line. I am pretty sure that's how Q and Stan see it. Expect him somewhere in the top-nine.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:27 PM
  #68
HawkeyLife07
Registered User
 
HawkeyLife07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
I'm a huge Stalberg fan so I was watching him closely.

Not a good game, not a bad one. Didn't seem like he got much ice-time.

That line was a mess to begin with though. Bickell was (is?) terrible. Shaw looked a bit lost.

HawkeyLife07 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:28 PM
  #69
HawkeyLife07
Registered User
 
HawkeyLife07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I don't see the point of having Saad up if he's going to be on the fourth line. I am pretty sure that's how Q and Stan see it. Expect him somewhere in the top-nine.
He was a scratch tonight so I'm not sure what their intention was. Maybe letting him gel with the team and get the NHL feel in him?

Any ice-time will be more than he had today aha

HawkeyLife07 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:29 PM
  #70
HawkeyLife07
Registered User
 
HawkeyLife07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Toews won 16, that was more then half. If Mayers was in there it wouldnt even be an issue.
And you know that for sure, do you?

5-2 win. Cheer up.

HawkeyLife07 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:31 PM
  #71
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 9,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I don't see the point of having Saad up if he's going to be on the fourth line. I am pretty sure that's how Q and Stan see it. Expect him somewhere in the top-nine.
I agree. And if Carcillo hadn't gotten injured, I would have rather seen him play in Rockford than sit in the pressbox in Chicago.

Sarava is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:49 PM
  #72
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,561
vCash: 400
Just a reminder everyone ,, You have ability to ignore people

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:02 PM
  #73
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyLife07 View Post
He was a scratch tonight so I'm not sure what their intention was. Maybe letting him gel with the team and get the NHL feel in him?

Any ice-time will be more than he had today aha
Saad, like Toews, had the flu.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:04 PM
  #74
Ace Rothstein
Aces High
 
Ace Rothstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,306
vCash: 500
Oh yeah, Oduya sucked.

Ace Rothstein is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:04 PM
  #75
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,583
vCash: 500
There is nothing wrong with Saad learning the ropes on the 4th line. Work in some other shifts depending on how the game goes.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.