HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Morin + Beach + Pirri + 2nd

Old
01-19-2013, 10:44 AM
xX Hot Fuss

vCash: 500
Morin + Beach + Pirri + 2nd

What's the value of this package? Lots of solid prospects in the Hawk's pool but so few roster spots for them.

Would this be enough to get a 1st in the 10/15 range? Enough to solve our goalie issue with a guy like Kipper?

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:59 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

No. None of these guys have a very good chance of making a big impact in the nhl at this point.

I'd rather keep the top 10-15 pick.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:22 PM
crazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
No. None of these guys have a very good chance of making a big impact in the nhl at this point.

I tend to disagree. Despite being a Hawk fan I have a lot of hope for those three players.
Beach is not a bust as it takes power forwards longer to develop not to mention his season ending injury last year. He has turned the corner as far as his attitude goes.
Morin will contribute at least as a 3rd line winger who plays with an edge and can find the net.
Pirri will surprise as he reminds me a lot of Larmer for some reason although he plays center.
I would not trade these three for Kipper that's for sure as he is nearing the end of his career and all three for a 10-15 pick is also a tough one as well.
I would want a young stud goalie for these three, someone like Schneider.

crazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post

I think Pirri and Morin still have solid potential going forward to find a role in NHL. Who knows what the role/impact will be but I think both are quality prospects

Both guys are only 21 yrs old

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:31 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

IRL you won`t find a team to pull the trigger on that. I even like Pirri and think in a theoretical add up you may almost get there, but really you are onloading 4 so so players, who have maybe about the same chance of producing one average NHL player between them as a 10-15 pick has, I don`t see anyone going for it.

As for Kipper, unless you asks to leave, Calgary probably needs at least a 1st or a very good prospect to make it worth their while.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhawk View Post
I tend to disagree. Despite being a Hawk fan I have a lot of hope for those three players.
Beach is not a bust as it takes power forwards longer to develop not to mention his season ending injury last year. He has turned the corner as far as his attitude goes.
Morin will contribute at least as a 3rd line winger who plays with an edge and can find the net.
Pirri will surprise as he reminds me a lot of Larmer for some reason although he plays center.
I would not trade these three for Kipper that's for sure as he is nearing the end of his career and all three for a 10-15 pick is also a tough one as well.
Larmer played defense. Pirri needs a GPS to get to his own zone.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Steve Larmer was a right wing...

As far as the package, Morin and Beach need more time, Pirri could be a center on bad team, and the 2nd is a 2nd.

Now, that's not to say any of these guys won't turn into someone that can take a spot in the NHL, but right now every team has players of their mold.

I highly doubt that any team excepts a package like that for a high pick.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Steve Larmer was a right wing...
But he played defense.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Sarava

This is basically a collection of prospects that aren't quite panning out (yet) to some high expectations they formerly had. This just isn't the kind of package another team would trade for.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
^
Exactly Sarava

This is type of deal you see in MLB not the NHL (Minus the pick of course since you cant trade picks in MLB)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Not a chance on gods green earth the Canucks even consider that package for Luongo let alone Schneider

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:43 AM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Not a chance on gods green earth the Canucks even consider that package for Luongo let alone Schneider
Trust me...we do not want Luongo

Not even for free. Remember what team you are talking to...we've seen him in the playoffs.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:38 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
But he played defense.
No matter how many times you say Larmer played defense will not change the fact that he was in fact a right wing.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:40 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
After last night's performance I believe the Hawks will withdrawl any interest in either of the Canuck goaltenders. All the best !!!

Old
01-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Slowe

Quote:
No matter how many times you say Larmer played defense will not change the fact that he was in fact a right wing.
I believe he means that Larmer had a defensive aspect to his game where Pirri does not.

Slowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:05 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowe View Post
I believe he means that Larmer had a defensive aspect to his game where Pirri does not.
Ohhhhhh!
Got ya! Well Pirri being a center does have to be aware of the big D issue.
Still, I like Pirri and I can only hope that he can come close to what Larmer brought

Old
01-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Out of all that, as a hab fan I'd take Beach first.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
After last night's performance I believe the Hawks will withdrawl any interest in either of the Canuck goaltenders. All the best !!!
It was one game rofl! I'm surprised Crawford hasn't been tarred and feathered yet if that's how seriously you take one bad game

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:47 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
It was one game rofl! I'm surprised Crawford hasn't been tarred and feathered yet if that's how seriously you take one bad game
All in good fun!

Old
01-20-2013, 03:56 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
This is basically a collection of prospects that aren't quite panning out (yet) to some high expectations they formerly had. This just isn't the kind of package another team would trade for.
Concur with this^ also, viewing Beach as x-factor throw in, except I see it is good enough to get something decent from someone, but hard to say who.

Legit contenders who do not have extra to spare rarely invest in depth, even if the case can be made to some extent they should.

Perhaps sq 1 is to ask, which couple of teams would benefit from this particular package? What is fair value? Then mindful you have to give them impetus to deal, what is reasonable discounted price of package still mutually good to make a do-able deal.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:22 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Concur with this^ also, viewing Beach as x-factor throw in, except I see it is good enough to get something decent from someone, but hard to say who.

Legit contenders who do not have extra to spare rarely invest in depth, even if the case can be made to some extent they should.

Perhaps sq 1 is to ask, which couple of teams would benefit from this particular package? What is fair value? Then mindful you have to give them impetus to deal, what is reasonable discounted price of package still mutually good to make a do-able deal.
It would have to be a team with a weak forward prospect pool.

San Jose, Vancouver, Philadelphia (maybe), Calgary, Colorado, Tampa, Devils, Pittsburgh

I'd happily do the above package for a 1st rounder from any of those teams. Or add Crawford to the deal and get Kipper. Would the above mentioned teams be interested in something like that?

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:15 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

San Jose, Vancouver, Philadelphia (maybe), Calgary, Colorado, Tampa, Devils, Pittsburgh

I'd happily do the above package for a 1st rounder from any of those teams. Or add Crawford to the deal and get Kipper. Would the above mentioned teams be interested in something like that?
No. But indirectly you might get close.

Phoenix, according to the boards, is considering to part with quality D for quality F. They might give you a conditional 3rd and a definite sixth just for Beach, a former 1st rounder properly discounted, upgrading that 3rd to a 2nd if Beach works out.

If you can peddle these wares to where they fit and get enough in more liquid assets better convertible and in demand, then you may be able to get close to a higher pick, or being able to trade up to a higher pick if you add a pick.

What I'm sayin is, look inside the box, but don't ignore looking outside the box.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:11 AM
pspot

I'd be interestd in adding those guys to the Leafs

Would the Hawks be interested in Reimer or Scrivens for a combination of those players?

something like Beach and Morin

If the Leafs trade Frattin + for a goalie adding depth prospects like this with a goalie would be a good move

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:31 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
ahahahaha and wold agree that Larmer was pretty solid defensively

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:38 AM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

No from the Avs, its not a bad package but after trading our 1st last year, management would probably have to get a slam dunk of a deal to trade it again. Especially in this deep a draft.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote