OT got a point

Old
01-18-2013, 09:23 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Etem with another great breakaway opportunity. He has been a demon tonight.
Sounds like camp made him extra motivated.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Fasth puts away the shootout, and didn't look bothered at all. He blanked all five shooters.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:33 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 50
a phrase that hasn't come up too often on this board, but how about Josh Brittain??? All I could do was read twitter but he seems to have stepped up big since coming up from Ft. Wayne. Any one with a feed have a better view of him?

Old
01-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

That goal represents a new career high for Brittain. 3.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:39 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
That goal represents a new career high for Brittain. 3.
That's why I am curious, is this luck or did he look decent, I mean 3 goals in 3 games I think. I remember seeing him some years back I think with Bako but he didn't leave any lasting impression.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:18 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I had hopes for Brittain a while ago, not really sure what happened to him in his development, he had the upside to be a good physical bottom 6 player

Old
01-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Exit Dose

He's on a three game scoring streak. He's a good candidate for Norfolk, but it is way to early for him to even be in consideration for Anaheim.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:11 PM
VA Oil

vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Oil View Post
So I'll be at the Admirals game this Friday, 1/18. Any thing/player you guys want me to watch for you and report back?

I went to quite a few Admirals game last year when they were the Lightnings farm team but this will be my first since the Ducks took them over.
The Admirals, as a team, started off very slowly. They weren't skating well, finishing checks, or really looking like they cared at all. As I'm sure most of you probably saw they gave up the two early PP goals. On the first one Fasth was definitely caught out of position. On the second, it was deflected in and there was not a whole lot he could have done to prevent it. The Admirals finished the game strong. After the Rosehill fight in the 2nd period the Admirals seemed to be recharged. They were skating hard, forechecking and trying to make a play. They looked much better on the PP in the 2nd and 3rd. (They could not stay in the zone in the first). It was really nice to see them get the shootout win.

A few of you asked about specific players:

Fasth: He looked pretty good tonight. As I said earlier, he was caught out of position on the first goal but other than that he was solid. Very, very solid in the shootout and overtime period. Hell, he was solid from the 2nd period on. Didn't seem to have any trouble handling the puck or make any really big gaffs. He did give up a 2 or 3 rebounds that could have turned out badly but ended up being OK due to good defensive play.

Mitchell: I thought he played very hard tonight. He didn't get on the score sheet or anything but judging him by this game I'd say he could become a really solid 3rd/4th liner in the NHL someday. He was always hustling, hard on the forecheck, battling for loose pucks, had a shorthanded breakaway (though he doesn't seem to have much of a scoring touch judging him by his moves), and made a few solid hits.

Clark: Don't really have much to say about Clark. I found myself not even really noticing him that much tonight. (That's usually a good thing. He didn't make any glaring mistakes and was for the most part unnoticeable). One of the times that I remember him was on the PK. A puck got behind him and he was racing against the Ice Caps forward to get back and got beat. His defensive partner covered for him and the puck was cleared out of the zone but it just seems to me like he has slow feet. I wouldn't say he looked slow, just not as quick as some others on the D.

No one asked for him but Etem tonight was great. He was all over the place and even had a few breakaway chances. He could have easily have had a hatty tonight if he could have put away a few of those chances.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:52 AM
Elvs

How did Huskins look? One assist and a +1.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Govment Cheese

Ice is pink tonight, go ads!

Old
01-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Oil View Post
The Admirals, as a team, started off very slowly. They weren't skating well, finishing checks, or really looking like they cared at all. As I'm sure most of you probably saw they gave up the two early PP goals. On the first one Fasth was definitely caught out of position. On the second, it was deflected in and there was not a whole lot he could have done to prevent it. The Admirals finished the game strong. After the Rosehill fight in the 2nd period the Admirals seemed to be recharged. They were skating hard, forechecking and trying to make a play. They looked much better on the PP in the 2nd and 3rd. (They could not stay in the zone in the first). It was really nice to see them get the shootout win.

A few of you asked about specific players:

Fasth: He looked pretty good tonight. As I said earlier, he was caught out of position on the first goal but other than that he was solid. Very, very solid in the shootout and overtime period. Hell, he was solid from the 2nd period on. Didn't seem to have any trouble handling the puck or make any really big gaffs. He did give up a 2 or 3 rebounds that could have turned out badly but ended up being OK due to good defensive play.

Mitchell: I thought he played very hard tonight. He didn't get on the score sheet or anything but judging him by this game I'd say he could become a really solid 3rd/4th liner in the NHL someday. He was always hustling, hard on the forecheck, battling for loose pucks, had a shorthanded breakaway (though he doesn't seem to have much of a scoring touch judging him by his moves), and made a few solid hits.

Clark: Don't really have much to say about Clark. I found myself not even really noticing him that much tonight. (That's usually a good thing. He didn't make any glaring mistakes and was for the most part unnoticeable). One of the times that I remember him was on the PK. A puck got behind him and he was racing against the Ice Caps forward to get back and got beat. His defensive partner covered for him and the puck was cleared out of the zone but it just seems to me like he has slow feet. I wouldn't say he looked slow, just not as quick as some others on the D.

No one asked for him but Etem tonight was great. He was all over the place and even had a few breakaway chances. He could have easily have had a hatty tonight if he could have put away a few of those chances.
Thanks for that. And go pink ice! Relatedly, I think Darryl Reaugh is an insufferable windbag, but I love his light blue ice / orange pucks idea. It would make things so much easier to watch, and the puck much easier to follow.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Thanks for that. And go pink ice! Relatedly, I think Darryl Reaugh is an insufferable windbag, but I love his light blue ice / orange pucks idea. It would make things so much easier to watch, and the puck much easier to follow.
Google FoxTrax.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

I remember FoxTrax (and I didn't mind it). But I also know how resistant the luddite hockey fanbase is to change.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Govment Cheese

Very nice 5 on 3 PK by the ads at the end of the first

Old
01-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

What I think I remember is that it didn't really work that well. Wasn't any easier to see but added more clutter to the screen of our non HD TVs.

Old
01-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Govment Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
What I think I remember is that it didn't really work that well. Wasn't any easier to see but added more clutter to the screen of our non HD TVs.
HD may be different store but remember trax as a distraction on the old and very small tube TV,s .19" TV in the 80's was considered pretty big.

Old
01-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

FoxTrax was a 90s invention. But yeah, those old picture tubes were ridiculously heavy the bigger they got. I had a 40-something inch Sony that had to top 250lbs.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:15 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I didn't mind the idea of Foxtrack as long as a) you could turn it off if you wanted to and b) in reality it just made the area around the puck look blurry.

I feel like the puck also acted funny sometimes.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Govment Cheese

Game is sold out.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Ads are down 3-0, not even 15 min into 1st. JDD in net, Fasth not on roster, must mean he's be recalled.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Govment Cheese

Wasn't expecting much with a 3 games in three nights weekend. Boys probably left scope around midnight for a 5-6 hour drive to Charlotte for a 5PM start.

The league still hasn't figured out that just because Norfolk and Charlotte are the farthest south they are still 5-6 drive a part.

Here is to taking revenge Wednesday night at Scope

Old
01-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Govment Cheese

Wednesday against the checkers, ADS having a very good second period. Up 3 goals and killed a 4 minute PK.

Closed Thread