HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

New Jerseys for 2013/14?

Old
01-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Metro Misfits
Misfits of the Metro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post
When the NHL finally opens up empty sweater space for the corporate advertising bonanza the Hurricanes are going to be GOLDEN.
If they would let the players get there own advertising space on the jerseys.

We could get Ward Burton to do the play by play.

Here comes Eric Staal with in the #12 Wonder Bread uniform passing it off to Skinner the #53 My Little Pony....

Metro Misfits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:15 AM
bb99

vCash: 50
I was at the eye a few weeks ago and noticed the Reebok jerseys now had the CCM logo on them too. Has that been the norm or is this new?

bb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:45 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb99 View Post
I was at the eye a few weeks ago and noticed the Reebok jerseys now had the CCM logo on them too. Has that been the norm or is this new?
Pretty sure that's new. I haven't seen a CCM logo on a new jersey in years.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:39 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
The logo on the tag on the inside, right? It's also the first I've noticed it, not that I've looked closely.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:10 PM
bb99

Yup, I had to take a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Other than that, I thought they looked exactly the same as my home one.

Old
01-17-2013, 02:38 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
Yup, I had to take a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Other than that, I thought they looked exactly the same as my home one.
I guess I'm too dumb/wasn't paying attention at the time to realize Reebok bought out CCM in 2004.

Old
01-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Yes We Cam
$6.3 million backup

Well, FWIW, we could flip the Hartford logo upside down so we could ignore the Whalers intentions of making it anything Whale related. Really just make the "H" standout, and think of it as mustache/unibrow.

Yes We Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:28 PM
bb99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post
I guess I'm too dumb/wasn't paying attention at the time to realize Reebok bought out CCM in 2004.
Me too.. I don't remember ever seeing the CCM logo on any of the jerseys since way back in the day.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
Me too.. I don't remember ever seeing the CCM logo on any of the jerseys since way back in the day.
I was a little ashamed to admit that it took a Google search to find out why my sweater's tag has the CCM logo on it. I suspect that Reebok affiliate CCM's shops are the ones cranking out the gear, I suppose.

It wasn't even that long ago that I was telling my wife that I missed seeing some of the CCM and KOHO branding since Reebok took over. Turns out I was just ignorant.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:54 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
It bugs me when marketing departments start monkeying with teams' identities for no good reason.

The Hurricanes have a great brand and image. It's just now getting to the point of being multi-generational, where things like the logo and jerseys start to take on a life of their own. What's the point of changing it now?

Minor changes, ok. Striping and piping and whatnot. But a total overhaul would be out of left field and really unnecessary.
I really have to agree with this. I don't want to see a huge overhaul in design for this reason. The Hurricanes have managed to build a solid brand here basically from the ground up with a two year dead term in Greensboro as a disadvantage to go along with it. Minor tweaks (removing the piping and the silver from the arms, possibly even using the alternate logo as the primary) are certainly a good option here. But if the team didn't rebrand after the lost years in Greensboro, and they didn't rebrand after the first lockout after the most dismal attendance in the history of the team since it's been in Raleigh, then why even consider it now when the team has already established a positive identity? If they're smart, it'll just be a minor jersey tweak (and I would consider removing the hurricane flags along the bottom fairly major) or it'll be a huge mistake along the lines of the Sens ditching their original logo for what they have now.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:28 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
I could see something like the home and away from this (from icethetics):

Keep the same basic identity stable- logos stay the same, keep the Hurricane flags. I really love those, they're unique, interesting, and they don't cross the line into tacky. But overhauling the striping pattern of the jersey wouldn't upset me too much.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Gr8Dan

hurricane flag strip is getting tacky, if they want to simplify it, just add stripes in place of it

Gr8Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

I am in the minority, but I really like our alternates. Mainly the Hurricanes flag that doubles as a Triangle (sadly only people who live here would get it).

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:35 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan The Parade View Post
I am in the minority, but I really like our alternates. Mainly the Hurricanes flag that doubles as a Triangle (sadly only people who live here would get it).
Just like only people with Pittsburgh ties "get" the triangle in the Pens logo.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:24 PM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
I could see something like the home and away from this (from icethetics):

Keep the same basic identity stable- logos stay the same, keep the Hurricane flags. I really love those, they're unique, interesting, and they don't cross the line into tacky. But overhauling the striping pattern of the jersey wouldn't upset me too much.
Those are too busy.

halleJOKEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:24 PM
snakepliskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonFromAppState View Post
Get rid of the piping and I'm happy.
ditto

snakepliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:38 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
Those are too busy.
I'm not sold on the hurricane flags on the sleeves, but the simplified striping at the bottom (while keeping the flags) and the real yoke rather than the half baked thing we have now is something I could get behind. And I'm not a fan of the third at all- way too much on that one, hence the "home and away" bit in my original post.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Kenadyan

I doubt that the Hurricanes colors would ever change unless they moved to a different arena. The reason the main colors are black, red, and white is because NC State uses the same three colors in their uniforms and the two teams share the same arena.

Kenadyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:40 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

As a Canucks fan, I feel that my credibility and experience in abiding ugly-assed jerseys is second to none.
The flag belt is ugly. The piping is ugly. Your jerseys need simplification, not more bells and whistles.
Your colors are great, but something gets lost and it looks like a ship went down and the only two things recovered were a chess board and a tattered flag.

kevinsane is offline   Reply With Quote